A Cabin In the Woods...

Smizzy

I always wanted to have a log cabin. A nice quiet place to go with a great front porch ,fire place and nothing but trees and the sounds of nature.

Maybe down by a lake....maybe up on the mountain side with an amazing view,doesn't really matter.

No cars...No people.. No phones..Nothing to do but sit back and relax and enjoy a nice drink..and the company of that special someone.

How great does that sound?

( save the deliverance jokes,although Max does look like a hairless Ned Beatty)

I have something like that ,But it's not a log Cabin.When my dad passed he left me the house in puerto rico.It's on the top off a mountain on the west side of the Island,it has cold fresh water running down from the top of the mountain and it passes right in front of the porch and on to the side of the house where it falls off into a water fall. It is awesome to have and see. The fresh water also has Crabs in it that you can eat, if you have the cages to get them.

One day if I ever have the time and money to redue the house ,I want this to be my "happy" place that Smizzy is talking about ,No people,No cars, No work,No phones just Peace and Quiet.

I will have to make a trip down there soon because my uncle told me it's starting to look like a jungle lol because no one is taking care of the Land that it sits on,and everything is over grown.One day Smizz on day.Here is to a great thread bro :cheers:

I'm on board with a small cabin, although mine would be on the northern California or Oregon coast. No joke, I dream of this almost every day. I also curse the day we decided to move back to New York from Marin, CA in 2001.

I'd take Northern Cal over Oregon.

To me it's more scenic.

I'd take Northern Cal over Oregon.

To me it's more scenic.

If I had the money, Carmel, CA for me without a doubt. That coastline and wall-to-wall wild flowers everywhere are just amazing. Also the area by Oregon Dunes National Shoreline is breathtaking.

Yeah, until you see a snake, then you'll be running to the nearest hotel.

Who me? I was brought up camping, canoing, hiking. My dad didn't want us sitting in front of the TV growing up, we spent a lot of time outdoors. I can handle spiders, snakes and whatever nature throws me. :Nuts:

Who me? I was brought up camping, canoing, hiking. My dad didn't want us sitting in front of the TV growing up, we spent a lot of time outdoors. I can handle spiders, snakes and whatever nature throws me. :Nuts:

how bout saggy breasts mrs T? sometimes nature can get cruel? oops wrong thread :mrgreen:

I have something like that ,But it's not a log Cabin.When my dad passed he left me the house in puerto rico.It's on the top off a mountain on the west side of the Island,it has cold fresh water running down from the top of the mountain and it passes right in front of the porch and on to the side of the house where it falls off into a water fall. It is awesome to have and see. The fresh water also has Crabs in it that you can eat, if you have the cages to get them.

One day if I ever have the time and money to redue the house ,I want this to be my "happy" place that Smizzy is talking about ,No people,No cars, No work,No phones just Peace and Quiet.

I will have to make a trip down there soon because my uncle told me it's starting to look like a jungle lol because no one is taking care of the Land that it sits on,and everything is over grown.One day Smizz on day.Here is to a great thread bro :cheers:

Sounds great man. Get down there ASAP!

I always wanted to have a log cabin. A nice quiet place to go with a great front porch ,fire place and nothing but trees and the sounds of nature.

Maybe down by a lake....maybe up on the mountain side with an amazing view,doesn't really matter.

No cars...No people.. No phones..Nothing to do but sit back and relax and enjoy a nice drink..and the company of that special someone.

Smizzy I hear you man.Ive always wanted one myself.Ive been looking in the Poconos for a few years.The economy and wanting to retire soon makes me think long and hard about buying one.

I'm on board with a small cabin, although mine would be on the northern California or Oregon coast. No joke, I dream of this almost every day. I also curse the day we decided to move back to New York from Marin, CA in 2001.

Northern Cali.. yessir! Big Sur is where I'll be!

You are crazy! I can see being born here but actually MOVING to the east coast?! Just crazy.

I've just returned from a nice, relaxing week in the beautiful Adirondack mountains, on a gorgeous, serene lake.

Still however, there were people, with their cars, and their phones, and their stress. So it was not as relaxing as I would have wished.

Ya just can't win Smizzy, unless maybe ya camp out in ... I don't know... Montana???

A good friend of mine has a family cottage in the Adirondacks. It's on an island so they have to canoe to get there. No electricity or runnning water. Might be a little too rustic for me, but she loves it for the relaxation time.

Sounds awesome. for a week or so,lol.

I'd like a shower/shave and the ability to cook for that special lady.

Northern Cali.. yessir! Big Sur is where I'll be!

You are crazy! I can see being born here but actually MOVING to the east coast?! Just crazy.

Brief history of Borgoguy: 1. Born in Northern Italy; 2. Immigrated to Staten Island, NY; 3. Moved to Tiburon, CA; 4. Moved back to NY, Putnam County. Once my son was born, we moved back to NY to be closer to our families. Totally idiotic move on my part. Can you say stupid, schmuck jerkoff move? If I showed you pictures of where I lived, you would kick me in the nuts for moving back. No question, I am going back someday. And, when I do, I will never set foot on the East Coast again.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Tiburon-California.html

Archived