INT - 0

Collins

Comp - 4

Attempts - 13

Yards - 109

TD - 1

INT - 0

Or maybe they just both suck? :rl:

I never thought I'd think the Jets have a better QB situation than someone.

Dont forget were in better shape than the bears!

I've been saying this.

If they take out Young and replace him with Collins and with their defense and running game they are a great team with a great shot at the playoffs and farther.

Really? Collins had his shot, they went like 0-5 and even we beat them, and we were pretty bad 2 years ago. It's not like VY was awesome, but it's more a testament as to how awful Collins is that the team was just so futile with him at the helm. I don't know what it is, maybe his leadership is just very poor, but when a QB manages that type of record with a team that winds up 9-7 or 8-8 with what can be described as mediocre QB play at best, there is something wrong with that QB.

If they try Collins again, the same thing will happen. Some people are just losers.

Really? Collins had his shot, they went like 0-5 and even we beat them, and we were pretty bad 2 years ago. It's not like VY was awesome, but it's more a testament as to how awful Collins is that the team was just so futile with him at the helm. I don't know what it is, maybe his leadership is just very poor, but when a QB manages that type of record with a team that winds up 9-7 or 8-8 with what can be described as mediocre QB play at best, there is something wrong with that QB.

If they try Collins again, the same thing will happen. Some people are just losers.

They were 0-3 with Collins and Vince Young would have been no better than 1-2 at best anyway. Collins also was the QB when they won that last game to get into the playoffs after Vince Young almost flushed their season down the tube against the Jets a week earlier.

He just sucks. I would actually rather have Pennington for 1 season. At least Pennington is accurate under 10 yards.

3rd year in the league & they're still trying to teach this kid how to throw a football.

He has plenty of physical talent. Just too many rocks in his head.

...oh, and Kerry Collins sucks.

I'm not writing of Young just yet. He's shown a good deal of growth as a passer. Still makes the boneheaded throws, if he can work on that he'll be solid. Plus if they actually got him some weapons he might have a better shot to progress. At this point he doesn't even have #3 quality WRs to throw to. Nevermind a #1 or 2... If Justin McCariens is your best WR you are in deep deep sh*t.

alex smith has been a cosmic bust, it pains me to watch him play.

Why does he still start fort he SF 49ers? They have a decent O-line, an excellent RB (Gore), pretty good playmakers (Darrel Jackson, Vernon Davis) and this guy just screws it all up year in and year out.

Russell looked very impressive last night. If only he had a receiver.

preseason is overrated dude.

although watching it, i did see vince young make really poor throws. he just never sets his feet and he consistently throws off his back foot

Poor throws? He was 5 yards short on hitting his wide receiver on a stupid out route. i mean he is just all over the place when he throws. How old is he 24? If he can't throw accurately after being a stud QB/RB at Texas and two years in the NFL, chances are he'll never be accurate.

Why does he still start fort he SF 49ers? They have a decent O-line, an excellent RB (Gore), pretty good playmakers (Darrel Jackson, Vernon Davis) and this guy just screws it all up year in and year out.

Russell did look good. I wasn't sure what to expect with him this year. Glad to see you can take a QB first overall and they won't always look like utter ****. At least since (peyton) Manning.

Darrell Jackson is 3rd or 4th string on the Broncos. Or he will be when Brandon Marshall finishes his suspension.

Poor throws? He was 5 yards short on hitting his wide receiver on a stupid out route. i mean he is just all over the place when he throws. How old is he 24? If he can't throw accurately after being a stud QB/RB at Texas and two years in the NFL, chances are he'll never be accurate.

Russell did look good. I wasn't sure what to expect with him this year. Glad to see you can take a QB first overall and they won't always look like utter ****. At least since (peyton) Manning.

Well to be fair Eli Manning has a SB ring and has shown flashes of greatness since being drafted #1 overall. I think Russell will be a good QB though, a lot of stupid people had already confirmed him as a bust before he'd had any significant playing time, simply because of his weight.:roll:

I really liked him in college and think if the Raiders can protect him (which may be the main issue) he'll develop into a stud. I think he could be similar to Big Ben.

He's not coming off his best season, but I wouldn't exactly say Carson Palmer "always" looks like utter ****.

Archived