Release Mike Nugent

Ghost

OK, it's time to bring someone in and have a kicking competition.. Let's see what Nugent does under pressure.
That's a fair reaction. Look, it's preseason, but it's still distressing. Recall the year he was drafted they had Xavier Bettina of Miami in camp just to keep him on his toes. Might not be a bad idea to get a warm body in camp and see how he reacts over the next few weeks. Or see if said warm body might be a better option.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's also among the leaders in kickoff distance. Amazing that there are so many clueless people who want him cut after missing 2 field goals in a pre-season game. Nevermind, it's not really that amazing at all. I'm glad Favre didn't throw a pick. Maybe people would want him cut too.

If Nugent had made the kick and then kicked the winning field goal ecurb would be claiming that he is the best kicker in the history of the world.

$1000 vcash that cut brett favre threads start on the first interception he throws

I was just about to mention something similar.

When Favre has one of those games where he throws 3 or 4 ints will the haters be out in force like they are now with the freakin' kicker?

I'm actually more interested in the context of this, and if any further such images of this alrge-breasted young Latina are available .What the hell is going on here? wiigirl3.gif

This game ended badly, but it's a BS preseason game. Hope Clowney is okay.If we need a new kicker, this CS and FO aren't beholden to Mike Nugent.

When Favre has one of those games where he throws 3 or 4 ints will the haters be out in force like they are now with the freakin' kicker?

Really, he misses one off the post and he's the worst kicker in the world.

nugent hasn't missed a regular season game winner ever. but one preseason miss and he gets lynched :rl:

sometimes i imagine these are little girls with vaginas and ignore them

And sign who?

Mike Vanderjaagt?:shock:

I'm no Nuge fan, but he's probably better than anyone in the free agent market.

How about Jay Feely?

He's way better than this scrub. I'm telling you guys, Mike Nugent blows. He's not any good, he's going to screw us this year, I just feel it.

I'm actually more interested in the context of this, and if any further such images of this alrge-breasted young Latina are available .What the hell is going on here? wiigirl3.gif

This game ended badly, but it's a BS preseason game. Hope Clowney is okay.If we need a new kicker, this CS and FO aren't beholden to Mike Nugent.

she is playing nintendo wii

How about Jay Feely?

He's way better than this scrub. I'm telling you guys, Mike Nugent blows. He's not any good, he's going to screw us this year, I just feel it.

Feely's stats: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2548

Nugent's stats: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=8461

Who is the better kicker again?

Nuge is 2% better but he has only been kicking for 2 years... he is sure to drop to Feeley's level or worse...

Feeley has 7 years of kicking and has only missed 2 PAT's (Nuge already missed 2 in 2 year)

Nuge is 2% better but he has only been kicking for 2 years... he is sure to drop to Feeley's level or worse...

Feeley has 7 years of kicking and has only missed 2 PAT's (Nuge already missed 2 in 2 year)

If Feely is as good as you say why has he been on 3 teams in 8 seasons and was just cut by the worst team in the NFL?

So the guy who can't make the worst team in the NFL is the same as Nuge because Nuge missed a meaningless kick?

Man you are quite the BS artist.

Look at the stats you fool, thats what I am basing it on.

Nuge is only 2% better than him... he has missed as many PAT's as him... and is showing more and more inconsistency in practice....

I hope Nuge can turn it around... but he is about on par statistically with a 7 year Vet that sucks... and he has only been kicking for 2 years... (so a stretch of 10 good games like he had effect his percent a LOT)

Remove Nuge's good stretch and he REALLY sucks...

Nugent has been on the Jets for 3 seasons (this will be his 4th). Look at Feely's first 3 years in the League. Nugent blows him away in the stat department. Its not even close.

Nugent has been on the Jets for 3 seasons (this will be his 4th). Look at Feely's first 3 years in the League. Nugent blows him away in the stat department. Its not even close.

he is still an icon at ohio state. he was one of the most clutch kickers coming out of college. and he was a team captain

Honestly--both sides are wrong here. It is, infact, preseason, so these dont count yet and are not HUGELY important--no need to start chanting release Mike Nugent based solely on this game.

However...it is laughable to say this doesn't mean a thing. Seriously guys...and 2 main points. #1--a 23 yard kick is a 23 yard kick for a professional kicker. Question--was it ok for Pennington to not be able to throw pick 6's in the preseason simply because it "didnt count?" No...it would be just as bad as Nugent missing a 23 yard kick.

#2--and the most important point...kickers are complete headcases. Vanderjact has been brought up in this thread...remember how he was completely automatic during the season for the Colts(and still stands as the most accurate kicker in NFL history, if memory serves me right)..then missed a VERY big pressure kick(albeit it far different from this kick) and all of a sudden is absolute garbage. So my point? Should one miss, especially this minor a kick, derail a kicker? Nope....but could it? Yeah...because they're headcases

It's said on a daily basis almost that ALL kickers are complete headcases. Fact of the matter is, if Favre drives us down the field and gives Nugent a 42 yard FG for the win or tie...I dont feel confident, never have. The most successful FA-top notch/probowl player out of nowhere is at the kicker or punter spot. I dont even want a probowl kicker...just one that i can trust.

Dont kill him yet...but I wouldnt be surprised if these are started with real meaning during the season.

So your saying that he got better as his career went on... while nuge gets worse?

Feeley sucked when he started? Who cares? He obviously brought his stats up to a Nuge level and now cant get a job...

Where is 124?

I can't wait til he chimes in and kicks your @#*!$&! ;)

If you were on the Nuge bandwagon before tonight, I dont see how a preseason game can cause anyone to turn on him. However if like some(me included), you werent his biggest fan--tonight is just one more thing to add to the list. Just my opinion though(and that doesnt mean much :P)

So your saying that he got better as his career went on... while nuge gets worse?

Feeley sucked when he started? Who cares? He obviously brought his stats up to a Nuge level and now cant get a job...

I believe the wording on Feeleys release was that he had "too big of a media presense." Mostly from his First and 10 appereances, and things such as that I believe. I'd expect him to find a job, but you know Parcells...he's not having a media darling on his team.

Nugent has been in the NFL for 3 seasons and his stats are much better than Feelys were at the same point in their careers.

What part of that don't you understand?

Vinatieri sucked balls for a long time. If you were the coach or gm of the Pats you would have run him out of town in 1999.

Your logic is seriously flawed.

LMAO. Feely is such a great kicker he was cut by the worst team in the league.

Ghost, ya just got owned.

I ju st got owned? Hop off his nuts.

Did you or did you not see Mike F'ing Nugent miss that FG? He ****ing blows, open your eyes.

I just got owned, STFU!

Nugent has been in the NFL for 3 seasons and his stats are much better than Feelys were at the same point in their careers.

What part of that don't you understand?

Vinatieri sucked balls for a long time. If you were the coach or gm of the Pats you would have run him out of town in 1999.

Your logic is seriously flawed.

Where is he now?

You part ways with kickers when they dont perform... are overpaid.... ect

Where is 124?

I can't wait til he chimes in and kicks your @#*!$&! ;)

He's prolly figuring something out to say to TRY to make Nugent look like a good kicker.

I'm going to keep on bumping this thread everytime he misses a FG.

Mike Nugent Sucks!!

Archived