Release Mike Nugent

Ghost

Where is he now?

You part ways with kickers when they dont perform... are overpaid.... ect

Where is Vinatieri? Are you serious? He is on the Colts as he left the Pats as a free agent for big $$

Nugent will be fine.

For the people reading this: Why is it that me, a Pats fan, is defending the Jets kicker from idiotic posters?

This is insane.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where is Vinatieri? Are you serious? He is on the Colts as he left the Pats as a free agent for big $$

Nugent will be fine.

For the people reading this: Why is it that me, a Pats fan, is defending the Jets kicker from idiotic posters?

This is insane.

You shouldn't defend an insane, overrated, garbage 2nd round pick.

If the Pats would of drafted Mike Nugent, it would of been the recarnation of Vinatieri.

It's too late to read the entire thread. I just also want to say that Nugent sucks. I said this on another--less enlightened-- site last year and got lambasted. Has anybody noticed that the guy doesn't follow through properly? He leaves his leg out in front after kicking, instead of completely swinging it around. I played soccer and did some place kicking. Even back in the stone age, we were taught to follow through. Is his technique some new way to kick? Also, no more excuses for this choke artist. Tonight: no wind, no pressure, good holds on both attempts, no issue with it being cold. What was the friggin' problem, Mikey? Just make the kicks and don't cost us games.

I bet Mangreeni told him to go out there and shank it because he didn't want to go to OT in the preseason and THEEEE NNNNUUUUGGGGGEEEEE is so good that trying to miss he still almost made it.

LOL

Throwing for the win accomplishes the same thing...

It's too late to read the entire thread. I just also want to say that Nugent sucks. I said this on another--less enlightened-- site last year and got lambasted. Has anybody noticed that the guy doesn't follow through properly? He leaves his leg out in front after kicking, instead of completely swinging it around. I played soccer and did some place kicking. Even back in the stone age, we were taught to follow through. Is his technique some new way to kick? Also, no more excuses for this choke artist. Tonight: no wind, no pressure, good holds on both attempts, no issue with it being cold. What was the friggin' problem, Mikey? Just make the kicks and don't cost us games.

Did you ever shank a ball playing soccer? I've done it before playing Aussie Rules Football under no pressure. It happens.

This is why I love JN. Some fans flipping out over a preseason game.

Did you ever shank a ball playing soccer? I've done it before playing Aussie Rules Football under no pressure. It happens.

This is why I love JN. Some fans flipping out over a preseason game.

Man, I shanked tons of balls. But, I'm not a professional place kicker who is expected--I'll say it again, EXPECTED--to make those two short kicks. That last one was flat out embarrassing. I don't think we're flipping out. We've seen this guy start out real slow before and miss plenty of simple, "gimmee" field goals.

I don't understand people downplaying missed FG's because they're in pre-season. They are not like passes or catches or blocks or reading/reacting or anything else that requires getting in game shape or practicing or getting timing down. The most confusing comments to me are the ones stating he should learn from anything done today.

This is the same kicker with the same holder for 2 years. On his home field in perfect weather.

There is nothing to learn or study or practice harder. This was just a choke job. He knows HOW to kick a FG.

Pre-season misses should alarm you just as much as regular-season misses. I'd feel the same if Graham was shanking punts in pre-season.

Feely is hardly the answer. He was let go by the Giants specifically for choking if you remember; his year-total numbers were actually good. He misses 'em when the game is on the line.

Calm down- only one preseason game. Nugent screws up in the regular season then you can go ballistic.

What if its a game the NYJETS needed to win to make the playoffs.This guy hasnt been the answer and hasnt lived up to the hype. Bring Mike Vanderjagt in and see if hes got anything left in the tank.

What if its a game the NYJETS needed to win to make the playoffs.This guy hasnt been the answer and hasnt lived up to the hype. Bring Mike Vanderjagt in and see if hes got anything left in the tank.

The reason Vanderjagt is out of the league is because he's a choke artist. When Peyton Manning & co. were blowing people away - in a dome on astroturf, no less - then he's a 90% kicker. But that hardly distinguishes him.

What distinguishes him is ripping on Peyton Manning to the media. Whether his comments were right or wrong is irrelevant; you just don't do that.

Calm down- only one preseason game. Nugent screws up in the regular season then you can go ballistic.

Nugent will be watched very closely next week by alot of people to see how he rebounds. If he has another shakey performance, don't be surprised if the Jets bring in some competition for his job.

I'll say this, at least it was the pre-season, but, another performance like that and Nugent's job could be in jeopardy.

Nugent will be watched very closely next week by alot of people to see how he rebounds. If he has another shakey performance, don't be surprised if the Jets bring in some competition for his job.

I'll say this, at least it was the pre-season, but, another performance like that and Nugent's job could be in jeopardy.

Agreed MANGINI isnt gonna let this carry over into regular season.

Lake I said before, this guy is going to make us lose games this season.

He's just not the answer at the Kicker position, he never lived up to his hype and he never will. We have a bad kicker and that's just reality. We need to change this immediatiely or at least in the off-season.

I'm also going to bump this thread EVERY time he misses a FG, just to show how terrible of a kicker he is.

Nug may have missed on purpose under pain of death from his teammates. You have to think every player said to him "miss." Nobody wants a preseason game to go into overtime.

What? Lol

That was the most idiotic post of all-time. Did you see Mangini's face after he missed it?

Get ****ing real please!

We just released Jay Feeley, I'm willing to bet that he gets a look from N.Y. He hit 92% of his kicks last year. Miami had to cut him though, because our rookie was better. Carpenter is 6 of 6 so far, has a stronger leg on kickoff and makes half as much money. Feeley would be an improvement over Nuge though.

What? Lol

That was the most idiotic post of all-time. Did you see Mangini's face after he missed it?

Get ****ing real please!

no i didn't see his face, i turned off the TV at the half... no need to watch the players that will warm the jets bench play the players that will keep the redskins bench warm. granted for a few of them it would have been my only opportunity to see them play before they go back to driving forklifts. (not a dig on either team just the preseason)

but other than managini, bet everyone else was happy he missed. nobody wants a preseason game to go into overtime. i can't believe em went for FG, go for the TD see what the qb has either way the game is over. Over time in a preseason? why?

no i didn't see his face, i turned off the TV at the half... no need to watch the players that will warm the jets bench play the players that will keep the redskins bench warm. granted for a few of them it would have been my only opportunity to see them play before they go back to driving forklifts. (not a dig on either team just the preseason)

but other than managini, bet everyone else was happy he missed. nobody wants a preseason game to go into overtime. i can't believe em went for FG, go for the TD see what the qb has either way the game is over. Over time in a preseason? why?

Nobody? These players are playing for their careers, you know, a JOB!

Everyone was counting on him making that short FG, like always, he misses.

He said nobody wanted this game to go into ovetime, just because this is pre-season.

How the **** does that make sense. Explain that too me.

No you said, he missed, like always. Even though he rarely misses.

And even though I don't really care about the point, you really don't understand why players wouldn't want to go into OT in a preseason game? You really can't figure that one out?

I don't think I've ever seen people go into such a hardcore whinebitchmoanfest after a preseason game. This is really impressive.

Archived