Release Mike Nugent

Ghost

No you said, he missed, like always. Even though he rarely misses.

And even though I don't really care about the point, you really don't understand why players wouldn't want to go into OT in a preseason game? You really can't figure that one out?

I don't think I've ever seen people go into such a hardcore whinebitchmoanfest after a preseason game. This is really impressive.

You just don't get it, I could careless about the outcome of the game. The only thing I'm pissed off about is how that little ****ing squirt keeps missing FG's that should be money. If he's missing now, in the pre-season with absolutely no pressure. How is he going to kick a 50 yard FG to win us the game? The answer is, he won't, he'll miss and it will be another loss to the New York Jets.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You just don't get it, I could careless about the outcome of the game. The only thing I'm pissed off about is how that little ****ing squirt keeps missing FG's that should be money. If he's missing now, in the pre-season with absolutely no pressure. How is he going to kick a 50 yard FG to win us the game? The answer is, he won't, he'll miss and it will be another loss to the New York Jets.

So you think his focus and mindset is going to be the same in a preseason game? You think he mentally prepares for a preseason kick the exact same as he does for a kick that actually COUNTS?

And from what I understand, his kickoffs are as strong as ever and he's made several 50+ kicks in camp. Please stop bitching so much about a completely irrelevant event.

He is the 8th most accurate FG kicker in history and slightly more accurate than Adam Vinatieri (9th place). So if you cut him what FA, do you intend to replace him with?

He is the 8th most accurate FG kicker in history and slightly more accurate than Adam Vinatieri (9th place). So if you cut him what FA, do you intend to replace him with?

Well going by that flawed logic we could surely replace him with the most accurate kicker of all time, Mike Vanderjagt.:shock:

Your going to compare 2nd round pick who been in the league for 3 years to Adam Vinatieri? Vinatieri has more rings than Nugent has 50 yard FG's.

This is pathetic.

So you think his focus and mindset is going to be the same in a preseason game? You think he mentally prepares for a preseason kick the exact same as he does for a kick that actually COUNTS?

And from what I understand, his kickoffs are as strong as ever and he's made several 50+ kicks in camp. Please stop bitching so much about a completely irrelevant event.

Your still not understading me, Nugent is a kicker. That's all he does.

He's not the one who marches our team down the field or the player that puts pressure on the QB. He kicks balls for a living, if he can't make 1 ****ing FG in a pre-season game how is he going to make it in a regular season game?

You think he wanted to miss? Are you ****ing kidding me. Get real man!

Well going by that flawed logic we could surely replace him with the most accurate kicker of all time, Mike Vanderjagt.:shock:

Actually Nate Kaeding is the most accurate kicker of all times. But I don't think the chargers will let you have him. Vanderjagt is second and retired. Hmm, Jets seems to be trying to build a team out of formerly retired players so maybe that is plan. :P

Actually Nate Kaeding is the most accurate kicker of all times. But I don't think the chargers will let you have him. Vanderjagt is second and retired. Hmm, Jets seems to be trying to build a team out of formerly retired players so maybe that is plan. :P

Vandy isn't retired, he's playing in canada, and absolutely dying to get a job in the NFL again

so you want a guy who's a guarantee to miss a pressure kick (vandy) over a younger guy who MIGHT miss a game winner because of one pre season miss. ghost i didn't know you were a fool

Might? Come on now, Nugent is guaranteed to miss.

I can't wait to bump this thread during the reg season.

No he didn't retire and he just sucks so bad that no-one will pick him up regardless of his 'great accuracy'.

My point, those 'most accurate' lists mean ****.

1. You dont go for the TD in that position even if its preseason. Mangini is trying to get these guys to play the way they would week 1 or week 17. FG was the right call, it just didnt happen.

2. You cannot overlook the misses because its only preseason. Guys get cut for making 1 mistake. Nuge is lucky he has no competition or he would be in some trouble. Clowney is having a great camp- Ratliff is having a great camp- should we overlook those also because its preseason? No. Im confident Nuge will come back stronger and hungrier next week. He perfoms better after he sh!ts the bed.

3. I wanted overtime. The more practice you can have to evaluate the fringe player the better. People need to stop viewing these as just preseason games and view them as preparation for the season. If anybody on that sideline wanted to go home, they should be cut. You play hard from the first whistle to last.

What do we do after releasing him? Draft another overhyped kicker in the 2nd round?

Let Nuge dust out the cobwebs, and just pray that he doesn't miss in the games that actually count.

I agree with you on this, he will snap out of it soon hopefully.

but he was one of herm's picks

He's not the one who marches our team down the field or the player that puts pressure on the QB. He kicks balls for a living, if he can't make 1 ****ing FG in a pre-season game how is he going to make it in a regular season game?

Gotta agree with Ghost here.

What else could his mind be on other than kicking a FG during any football game, whether it's pre-season, regular-season, or playoffs?

The idea that his mind wasn't into it, and that factored into his missing a chip-shot and a 40-odd yarder, is absurd.

Gotta agree with Ghost here.

What else could his mind be on other than kicking a FG during any football game, whether it's pre-season, regular-season, or playoffs?

The idea that his mind wasn't into it, and that factored into his missing a chip-shot and a 40-odd yarder, is absurd.

All he does during the week is kick balls. Hundreds and hundreds of kicks. He gets paid to boot the ball through the uprights. Pure & simple. He is expected--EXPECTED--to routinely make kicks of 45-50+ yards. That's what good NFL kickers do. Again, routinely. You don't miss 17-35 yard boots ever if you want to keep your job.

I still think he missed it on purpose.

Stop it. Nugent had his hands on his head and Mangini did not look too pleased. In sports, no one tanks anything unless the big money has paid you off. I doubt that happened during a preseason game. He shanked a kick the exhumed remains of William the Conquerer make.

So would you like to make some kind of wager out of this? I'll gladly put all my vbookie money on Nugent making his first 20-30 yard kick of the season, or his first kick of the season that will be for a win or to send the game to OT?

Is Feely still out there?

i think so, i rather have nugent tho. I know that was like one of the worst kicks i seen in a while but maybe its good for us and he gott hat out of his system quick. I rather see him miss that and then in regular season he misses it.

I just kno if jets got rid of him he will become an allstar on another team

Archived