Release Mike Nugent

Ghost

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol @ all you idiots ****ting your pants already. It's the second preseason game. All it is is practice against a different opponent.

Okay so supposing this was just in the middle of practice, you don't think doinking the equivalent of an extra point is cause for concern? Espeicially from a 2nd. round kicker?

I'm sick and tired of this scrub, he F'ing blows.

Release this douche.

I never liked Nugent and I always thought he was a waste of a high pick but at this stage of the game cutting him doesn't make sense. Who would we get to replace him? Is Mike Vanderjagt available? Vanderjagt is a choke artist.

Sad part is he seemed to have all the goods and looked like a solid move at the time. Kicker awarded a captains role in a major program like OS. Good grades, solid citizen and leader - don't mean jack schit if he can't put it between the uprights. It will come back to kill us at some point when it counts. They need to at least look at a plan B - best of my knowledge there ain't one.

Sad part is he seemed to have all the goods and looked like a solid move at the time. Kicker awarded a captains role in a major program like OS. Good grades, solid citizen and leader - don't mean jack schit if he can't put it between the uprights. It will come back to kill us at some point when it counts. They need to at least look at a plan B - best of my knowledge there ain't one.

Vinatieri sucked his 1st 4 years with that Pats. Missed a few game winners. He turned out OK.

Its preseason and its a kicker. Relax mate.

I never liked Nugent and I always thought he was a waste of a high pick but at this stage of the game cutting him doesn't make sense. Who would we get to replace him? Is Mike Vanderjagt available? Vanderjagt is a choke artist.

Why not Jay Feely? Why can't we be like the Cowboys who drafted a kicker in the 6th round and he's a Top 3 kicker already.

Feely can't kick off and sucks in the clutch. There is a reason he doesn't have a job.

So Adam V sucked when you guys released him? No.

There's something behind the releasing of Feely, the organization had problems with him or something like that.

Why not Jay Feely? Why can't we be like the Cowboys who drafted a kicker in the 6th round and he's a Top 3 kicker already.

Feely isn't good in clutch situations. He killed the Giants a couple years ago. I never liked Nugent but I don't see the point of cutting him over one bad kick in preseason to make room for someone who isn't really an upgrade.

Jets have bigger concerns at Cb with Justin Miller (why the hell is he starting?).

Okay so supposing this was just in the middle of practice, you don't think doinking the equivalent of an extra point is cause for concern? Espeicially from a 2nd. round kicker?

I don't think it would be cause for concern at all, especially considering it hit the upright. What do you think NFL players are, robots?

So Adam V sucked when you guys released him? No.

There's something behind the releasing of Feely, the organization had problems with him or something like that.

Patriots didn't "release" Adam V. Team/BB wanted him back and offered him a good chunk of money. He was a free agent AV wanted to play in a dome instead of outside (to improve stats) and Colts offered him more money. Feely on the other hand sucks at kick offs.

You realize he just got CUT BY THE DOLPHINS right? You think a better option at kicker is a guy who can't make it on the worst team in the NFL? Do you actually think that or do you just want attention?

You realize he just got CUT BY THE DOLPHINS right? You think a better option at kicker is a guy who can't make it on the worst team in the NFL? Do you actually think that or do you just want attention?

You really don't know what your talking about, there was something behind the Feely release.

I'm also pretty sure Jay Feely can make a F'ing 23 yard FG. You on the other hand, can't even count to 23.

You really don't know what your talking about, there was something behind the Feely release.

I'm also pretty sure Jay Feely can make a F'ing 23 yard FG. You on the other hand, can't even count to 23.

I'm the one who doesn't know what I'm talking about, but you want the Jets to pick up Jay Feely.

Nuff said.

And seriously? I can't count to 23? HAHAHAHA. What a weak attempt at an insult.

I'm the one who doesn't know what I'm talking about, but you want the Jets to pick up Jay Feely.

Nuff said.

And seriously? I can't count to 23? HAHAHAHA. What a weak attempt at an insult.

Did you see the pre-season game? He can't make ****. I'll take you as our kicker right now, come on man get real.

Pout?

Whatever you want to do boss.

So would you like to make some kind of wager out of this? I'll gladly put all my vbookie money on Nugent making his first 20-30 yard kick of the season, or his first kick of the season that will be for a win or to send the game to OT?

I would use all of my vcash, but you have next to none. Perhaps a sig bet? If you're so sure of yourself about Nuge, then obviously it won't bother you to risk having a sig praising the greatness of Nuge if by some chance you're wrong about him?

I would use all of my vcash, but you have next to none. Perhaps a sig bet? If you're so sure of yourself about Nuge, then obviously it won't bother you to risk having a sig praising the greatness of Nuge if by some chance you're wrong about him?

Sig bet? I'm down.

Did you see the pre-season game? He can't make ****. I'll take you as our kicker right now, come on man get real.

Did you miss last season? If it wasn't for the kicker you hate so much the Jets may have gone 2-14.

Steelers at Jets: Nugent was 4-4 and kicked a 38 yard FG in OT.

Chiefs at Jets: Nugent was 2-2 and kicked a 43* yard FG in OT.

*Nugent hit a 38 yard FG the play before but it was called back because of a holding penalty.

Did you also forget about the 30 yard FG he kicked against the Dolphins in 2006 with 10 seconds left that basically sewed up a playoff berth?

Nugent has won 3 games for the Jets in the last 2 seasons. I can't believe you are flipping out so bad over a missed FG in preseason.

Nugent has to be accountable but to slam him over a pre season miss is ludicrous IMO.

If Nugent didn't make that kick in the monsoon against Miami in 2006 the Jets wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Of course he should have made the kick on Saturday. He missed. It happens.

Archived