Stop looking past

4HCrew

Barton had a good game and this kid Kenwin Cummings (#54) had a great game.

I really like Cummings. He seems to have that special "nose" for the ball that is rare. Kassell getting injured may help him make the team. I hope so.

I really like Cummings. He seems to have that special "nose" for the ball that is rare. Kassell getting injured may help him make the team. I hope so.

Exactly right. Cummings doesn't have great speed (similar to Eric Barton) but his instincts make up for it and always seem to get him to the ball in time to make plays.

the play of Eric Barton...the man continues to make plays just like he did last year. He is a very solid under appreciated LB

With the addition of Jenkins, how could he NOT have a better year? He's making plays at camp, and made some last night. He could very well be the Mike Mussina of the Jets this year.

With the addition of Jenkins, how could he NOT have a better year? He's making plays at camp, and made some last night. He could very well be the Mike Mussina of the Jets this year.

Seeing Jenkins play live makes you realize how much of a runt Robertson was...

Huh? Let me guess. You are a Herm Edwards guy? Wonderful. :baby:

Not a bit of it. But this crowd has a (short) history of trying to pound square pegs into round holes, ala Vilma. They want players to "conform," no matter what individual skills they may have.

Not a bit of it. But this crowd has a (short) history of trying to pound square pegs into round holes, ala Vilma. They want players to "conform," no matter what individual skills they may have.

OK, but they inherited Vilma. And DRob. And Hobson. They had to put them in those roles until they could get the right guys. And they have (Harris, Jenkins, Pace). Rather quickly, I might add.

Before you say they should have stayed in a 4-3, the reality is that Vilma, DRob and Hobson were not nearly as good in that as people like to think. Certainly not as good as Harris, Jenkins and Pace will be in this 3-4.

Many times he takes a beating because of his salary but continues to be consistent and a vocal leader on the D

I watched the 1st PS game and indeed he did look very good, very consistant. It's ALWAYS best to have a blend of young talent and cagy veterans.

I didn't think he played well at all last season TBH but he has looked very impressive so far, it's hard to look good at LB playing behind D-Rob.

Barton's an even-numbered year guy, just like the Jets as a whole. We should get all we can out of him this year, then see what we can get for him in a trade next March. :-P

I want to see much more from Pace.

I've been very impressed with Pace. I warned people off expecting a lot off of him in terms of pass rushing, that's not where he really excells. I watched a lot of him for the Cardinals last season and he was great for them, should have made the pro-bowl with his play. He was solid in coverage and just great vs the run. I've been impressed with him so far, can't wait to see him in the regular season when the serious stuff starts.

Archived