Favre's First act of Kindness...

InstantClassic

After the game, Favre left the football for Keller with the inscription: "Dustin, congratulations on your first touchdown. Brett."

Keller was then asked if he's putting the souvenir in his trophy case.

"I don't have one yet, but I think I'll build one just for that."

Pretty nice gesture from Brett.

Source: Espn.com

Sounds to me like Favre is just stroking his own ego once again. Wants to make sure that kid remembers for the rest of his life that he wouldn't have ever scored that TD if it weren't for Brett Favre. At least that's how this impartial Patriots fan sees it. ;)

Sounds to me like Favre is just stroking his own ego once again. Wants to make sure that kid remembers for the rest of his life that he wouldn't have ever scored that TD if it weren't for Brett Favre. At least that's how this impartial Patriots fan sees it. ;)

No joke, at first glance I thought you wrote "Imperial" Patriots fans.

91844240iz6.png

And I doubt that is what happened.

More likely someone gave Brett the ball after the game and said "this is the ball in which you threw your first Jets TD." He was probably like, what the heck do I need a ball from a preseason game for? Put it next to the one from the SB, I don't think so. The rook on the other hand, he might appreciate having the first TD he caught in the NFL.

So Favre did a nice thing and signed the ball and gave it to the kid. It was a nice thing to do and things like this help build teamwork. It is, however, not that rare either. So I would not read too much into thinking this is great leadership, it is normal leadership.

Talk about taking something 100% out of context.

Archived