SJ Reviews: Tropic Thunder'..Sorry, couldnt hold 2 hours

SouthernJet

I wanted this comedy to hit a Home Run, but sadly it fell into the usual comedy trap of several hilarious jokes/short scenes and then tedious strectches of filler in between. This is the age old curse of comedies in that a they cant hold 2 hours of story, like a drama or thriller as example.

This story of a spoiled film crew shooting a Vietnam era flick today and then actually finding themselves being attacked in the jungle is kind of , yawn, boring. It wa sterribly slow in 1st half, but did pick up in 2nd half to keep it out of 1 star territory.

Its not good when a Downet flicks best actor is Tom Cruise. But in truth, Cruises character wa sthe funniest part of this film. Save your money.

2stars_002.gif's

'50'

(on a 4 star scale)

I wanted this comedy to hit a Home Run, but sadly it fell into the usual comedy trap of several hilarious jokes/short scenes and then tedious strectches of filler in between. This is the age old curse of comedies in that a they cant hold 2 hours of story, like a drama or thriller as example.

This story of a spoiled film crew shooting a Vietnam era flick today and then actually finding themselves being attacked in the jungle is kind of , yawn, boring. It wa sterribly slow in 1st half, but did pick up in 2nd half to keep it out of 1 star territory.

Its not good when a Downet flicks best actor is Tom Cruise. But in truth, Cruises character wa sthe funniest part of this film. Save your money.

2stars_002.gif's

'75'

(on a 4 star scale)

Wait do you mean Tropic Thunder? Pineapple Express is with James Franco and Seth Rogen

Everyone I've heard from besides alk and sj had a similar review to this. I want to see it.

I am tough on comedies. Thay have trouble sustaining interest in between the gag scenes..

The average nationwide average reviewer score is 70,,which is a tad under 3 stars,,,

Its OK as far as comedies go,,its just toiugh to get GREAT comedies...In my opinion...

I enjoyed Wedding Crashers much more as there was more consistent funny scenes as opposed to filler in between gags,,

but thats why they have horse races,,everyone has a different opinion ;)

I am tough on comedies. Thay have trouble sustaining interest in between the gag scenes..

The average nationwide average reviewer score is 70,,which is a tad under 3 stars,,,

Its OK as far as comedies go,,its just toiugh to get GREAT comedies...In my opinion...

I enjoyed Wedding Crashers much more as there was more consistent funny scenes as opposed to filler in between gags,,

but thats why they have horse races,,everyone has a different opinion ;)

not as tough as you are on moderators though :)

Everyone I've heard from besides alk and sj had a similar review to this. I want to see it.

Don't bunch me with SJ. :lol: I didn't hate the movie by any means just felt a little let down based on the reviews I had been hearing.

• 1 month later...

i dont know why.. and it kinda frightens me a bit ;) .. but i agree with 124.. i liked this movie and thought that it was funny.. gross at places but funny.. i am not a blood and guts kinda gal.. so those parts were a little much for me, and the ending was predictable.. but i still thought it was funny.

and yes.. tom cruise was awesome in this movie.

Archived