Rocket Arm Favre

gangreenman

I watched the game the other night, and I realized how nice it was to have a QB that can actually throw something thats not a lob. I think Favre, combined with our new additions, will make for a much improved offense this season. The defense is also much better, and if they can just work on the delay/draw plays, they have top 5 potential...

Cant wait for Sept. 7th to get this season under way, should be fun!

I watched the game the other night, and I realized how nice it was to have a QB that can actually throw something thats not a lob. I think Favre, combined with our new additions, will make for a much improved offense this season. The defense is also much better, and if they can just work on the delay/draw plays, they have top 5 potential...

Cant wait for Sept. 7th to get this season under way, should be fun!

lol, how does it feel to see the light? It's what a lot of us have been trying to tell you for years now!!!

Some of you guys only watch Jets games and became fans in 2002, so you've never known what it's like to have a real QB.

ggm, put 4s around the game threads, for good luck!

lol, how does it feel to see the light? It's what a lot of us have been trying to tell you for years now!!!

Some of you guys only watch Jets games and became fans in 2002, so you've never known what it's like to have a real QB.

ggm, put 4s around the game threads, for good luck!

LOL...

First of all, I've been a fan since Parcells took over the season of '97. My dad didn't grow up in the area, and tried for about 10 years to become a fan of his team (Denver), but when the Jets got Parcells, that did it for me. I have since become easily the most die hard of all my friends, and have followed every offseason move and watched every game ever since.

On a somewhat different note, I do recall being an advocate for K.Clemens in several of my posts this offseason before we acquired Favre. However, I 'm glad we did got Favre as Clemens has proven again and again that he's incapable. Also, forgive me for being a little pessimistic about us actually getting that trade done... After all, we haven't actually gotten anybody we were going after that hard, since, well....Yeah.

Anyway, as I've said, I've been watching for 11 years now, and I've seen good QB play from us twice ('98 w/ Vinny and '02 with Penny). Thats a good idea with the 4's around the gamethreads, I'll definitely consider that!:Nuts:

Favre last night brought an energy to the team and stadium that I havn't seen in a long, long time. Each rocket ball completion was cheered on loudly by the fans and you could see the team just was excited to be out there and you could see Brett was looking pretty comfortable as well. Leon Washington missed a blitz and one of Brett's throws was a little off, but so what? All in all almost a perfect night.

5-6, 48yds, TD.

Can't ask for too much more than that after seven practices and a whole nother offense for 16 previous years.

Favre last night brought an energy to the team and stadium that I havn't seen in a long, long time. Each rocket ball completion was cheered on loudly by the fans and you could see the team just was excited to be out there and you could see Brett was looking pretty comfortable as well. Leon Washington missed a blitz and one of Brett's throws was a little off, but so what? All in all almost a perfect night.

5-6, 48yds, TD.

Can't ask for too much more than that after seven practices and a whole nother offense for 16 previous years.

Too bad Nugent f'd it up for him.:rl:

Yeah, just deflect the blame. If Nuge hadn't missed that 43 yarder, we wouldn't have needed a score to force OT.

Therefore, its all his fault. :rl:

And you deflect the fact that Raymond dropped a wide open pass. Unbelievable. :rl:

You people look into a single Preseason game, the second one nonetheless, way too much. Take it way too seriously.

Take a deep breath, take the dick out of your arse and relax. All that matters is when the starters left the field the Jets were ahead. That is the only thing that matters in the Preseason. No injuries and successful games from the STARTERS. Mike Nugent missed two field goals, yes, it has happened before the NFL and I would bet anything that it will happen again to not just him but any kicker.

Rather him miss now than when it matters.

And you deflect the fact that Raymond dropped a wide open pass. Unbelievable. :rl:

You people look into a single Preseason game, the second one nonetheless, way too much. Take it way too seriously.

Take a deep breath, take the dick out of your arse and relax. All that matters is when the starters left the field the Jets were ahead. That is the only thing that matters in the Preseason. No injuries and successful games from the STARTERS. Mike Nugent missed two field goals, yes, it has happened before the NFL and I would bet anything that it will happen again to not just him but any kicker.

Rather him miss now than when it matters.

Well, there is a difference... I never had a mon-crush on Paul Raymond.

Oh, and Raymond also was NOT a 2nd round pick of ours.

BTW, Im an OSU fan, so I am a Nuge fan as well, just not as much as you are, LOL.

5-6, 48yds, TD.

This is what I liked the most---when we got to the 6 yard line, I was thinking a TD was coming. With Chad, I never thought that. It was always a surprise--particularly the last 2 or 3 years.

Archived