Is Leon Washington our future at RB?

jetfan4hire

Im interested in opinions on Washington this year and into 09. My opinion is that he isnt too small to be a feature back for the jets and that other backs of similar size, like Tiki Barber, and Brian Westbrook have had huge success on their teams both as rushers and recievers out of the backfield. Will we see more of a RBBC approach this year, and will T.Jones be back for another season in 09? Did anybody find it interesting that Washington was in for a lot of plays with the first team last night while jones was on the sideline? That included a carry on 1st and goal at the 8.

He is so much better than Thomas Jones it isn't funny. Mangini better not waste him on special teams again this year.

I agree, but Jones and Washinton are like two diff players.

I want Washington to start but I think it's better for him to come off the bench. Don't forget, we got Jones for pretty much nothing.

I want Washington to start but I think it's better for him to come off the bench. Don't forget, we got Jones for pretty much nothing.

Jones can start but no way in hell should he still be getting 90% of the carries like he did last year.

To Jones' credit, and i am not a fan of his, he hit the hole very hard on the 4th down play. If he plays like that then i have no problem with a 50-50 split between the two. Infact that would be a tremendous change of looks for the defense to go against, hard hitter and the slippery back.

I love how poeple keep saying Leon is too small and will crumble during the year. The guy hasn't been hurt once, that i've heard of, in his entire pro career.

I completely agree, I definitely think Washington should get more snaps and not be limited to a 3rd down or special package back....but I think we should definitely play Jones while we have him. I think we might be pleasantly surprised by TJ this year....he still has pretty low mileage considering how long he has been in the league and he has shown flashes of some pretty exciting skills behind a bad line. With the improved line play I'm really hoping (read; expecting) him to step it up.

Once Jones decides to call it quits we should look for another back to compliment Wahsington and let the little big guy start. :D

To Jones' credit, and i am not a fan of his, he hit the hole very hard on the 4th down play. If he plays like that then i have no problem with a 50-50 split between the two. Infact that would be a tremendous change of looks for the defense to go against, hard hitter and the slippery back.

I love how poeple keep saying Leon is too small and will crumble during the year. The guy hasn't been hurt once, that i've heard of, in his entire pro career.

im with you i love the two runningback system it always is better. Jones looked better then ever in that preseason game i was really liking it.

With favre as QB now we should have a good running game expecially up the middle thats were jones comes in.

This is the year jones has to do good, he got a QB that opens up the defense, new and improved line, and one of the best fullbacks in the league if jones doesnt do good then hes off the team.