Peter King hates Jets fans

Bugg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/08/17/august/3.html

4. I think I don't want to hear what great fans the Jets have. Not for a long time. That crowd Saturday night was a disgrace. At least half the stadium was empty for Favre's debut in a Jets' uniform. I expressed my amazement to a few fellow scribes Saturday night -- emphasizing that N.Y. traded for an all-time-great quarterback, not a broken-down one -- and they gave varying reasons for the poor turnout. Like it's the middle of vacation month for New Yorkers, and it's a preseason game. Horsefeathers. If you really love your team, and you have season tickets, you should have been at that game unless you were in Tibet. Ridiculous.

No knock on anyone who went. Good for you. We are the easiest fans to dump on in the NFL.

Yeah, sorry Pete-we should all interrupt an August weekend to watch Brett Favre play 2 series in a meanginless preseason game. And not sell full price exhibition tix on ebay(which is what we did) to try to defray some of the costs. 8 Sundays isn't enough; we MUST show up for glorified practices at regular season prices. What a clueless douchebag.

PHVCK YOU, PETER! Has your cum dumpster daughter graduated from Colgate already? Go ingest 45 cups of Starbucks overpriced faggot juice iced latte.And stop trying to get into #4's jock, you patheitic conventional wisdom-spouting zero.

4. I think I don't want to hear what great fans the Jets have. Not for a long time. That crowd Saturday night was a disgrace. At least half the stadium was empty for Favre's debut in a Jets' uniform. I expressed my amazement to a few fellow scribes Saturday night -- emphasizing that N.Y. traded for an all-time-great quarterback, not a broken-down one -- and they gave varying reasons for the poor turnout. Like it's the middle of vacation month for New Yorkers, and it's a preseason game. Horsefeathers. If you really love your team, and you have season tickets, you should have been at that game unless you were in Tibet. Ridiculous.

No knock on anyone who went. Good for you. We are the easiest fans to dump on in the NFL.

Yeah, sorry Pete-we should all interrupt an August weekend to watch Brett Favre play 2 series in a meanginless preseason game. And not sell full price exhibition tix on ebay(which is what we did) to try to defray some of the costs. 8 Sundays isn't enough; we MUST show up for glorified practices at regular season prices. What a clueless douchebag.

PHVCK YOU, PETER! Has your cum dumpster daughter graduated from Colgate already? Go ingest 45 cups of Starbucks overpriced faggot juice iced latte.And stop trying to get into #4's jock, you patheitic conventional wisdom-spouting zero.

It wasn't half empty.

Who gives a crap what that fat a$$hole (no offense mods) has to say. Let's all give up a nice mid August Saturday night to cross bridges and tunnels and wait in traffic to watch Brett Favre take 15 snaps in a glorified practice? Fat turd. Let him show up to the first home game against the Patriots and see how that works out for his BS angle. The place will be packed and rockin'. Friggin dickwad.

:rl: Well somebody touched a nerve.

I really dont care what Peter King thinks about Jet fans. He doesnt know what people have to do to go to games. Who wants to give up an entire day to watch a preseason game...

And i've never thought Jets fans were great fans. There are some die hard kooks out there who get tortured every year by this team. But most fans only want to be there when things are going good.

Who gives a crap what that fat a$$hole (no offense mods) has to say. Let's all give up a nice mid August Saturday night to cross bridges and tunnels and wait in traffic to watch Brett Favre take 15 snaps in a glorified practice? Fat turd. Let him show up to the first home game against the Patriots and see how that works out for his BS angle. The place will be packed and rockin'. Friggin dickwad.

traffic was a nightmare. almost 2 hours to get from Hicksville to 5H.

It was the biggest crowd i've seen for a preseason game. it was at least 3/4 full which i think is really good for a preseason game. King is a douche.

King is a douche? You're being generous. Pater King is a virgin. He probably hasn't been anywhere near a woman's vagina since the day he was born.

Yea we suck as fans only 10,500 of us showed up to watch Brett practice in the African Heat two weeks ago.

Peter is always ripping the NFL teams for charging regular season prices to these games. Now he wonders why Jets fans didnt show up. Yea thats not hypocritical.

Go check the season ticket waiting list and then get back to us Pete.

I purposely CANCELLED my subscription to SPORTS ILLUSTRATED because of Peter Kings continued mockery of the NYJETS organization and its fan base. I urge all JetNation members and JETS fans to do the same.

Sports Illustrated? When was the last time that rag was relevant? 1987?

Yeah John Madden already has a PSL there!

Isn't this clown a Pats homer?

I haven't read SI in years anyway. Lame rag of a magazine.

A liitle further down in the same article he's giving Belicheat the credit for inventing a pressure situation to end practice earlier... Is he freaking kidding....

I think this would be a good category for MMQB: Like Father, Like Estranged Son Dept. And this would be my first entry: On Wednesday, Belichick told his players he would cancel night meetings and waive curfew if nose tackle Vince Wilfork caught a punt while holding a football in either arm. Wilfork caught the punt, and the players, smelling freedom, went wild. On Thursday, New York Jets coach Eric Mangini told his players he would cancel night meetings and waive curfew if kicker Mike Nugent made a 53-yard field goal. Nugent made the field goal, and the players, smelling freedom, went wild.

8. I think I wonder where Mangini learned that one.

He's got to be kidding

Peter King has sex with dead bodies. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Wait a minute. There is something wrong with that. Terribly wrong.

Expect a call from the APAN* very soon to chastise you on your myopic world vision.

* Association of Practicing American Necrophiliacs

Expect a call from the APAN* very soon to chastise you on your myopic world vision.

* Association of Practicing American Necrophiliacs

I am always offending somebody. I really do need to take some political correctness classes.

........PHVCK YOU, PETER! Has your cum dumpster daughter graduated from Colgate already? Go ingest 45 cups of Starbucks overpriced faggot juice iced latte.And stop trying to get into #4's jock, you patheitic conventional wisdom-spouting zero.

lol, that is spitting fire right there!!!

Hey, btw, is his daughter hot?

Peter King has been following around Brett Favre and apparently he was contrasting the fans in Green Bay (who sell out the stadium for an intersquad practice and never leave early from a preaseason game) and the Jets customers.

He was amazed that many Jets customers were unfamiliar with Brett Favre's greatness and their lack of excitement.

It will take a few more touchdown passes before Jet fans start cheering for Favre.

It may never reach the Favre Fervor and euphoria of Lambeau Field when the capacity crowd would erupt in orgasmic celebration of another record breaking TD from the mighty arm of Brett Favre.

Maybe by next year Jet customers will begin to accept and even like the greatest player in NFL history.

Peter King has been following around Brett Favre and apparently he was contrasting the fans in Green Bay (who sell out the stadium for an intersquad practice and never leave early from a preaseason game) and the Jets customers.

He was amazed that many Jets customers were unfamiliar with Brett Favre's greatness and their lack of excitement.

It will take a few more touchdown passes before Jet fans start cheering for Favre.

It may never reach the Favre Fervor and euphoria of Lambeau Field when the capacity crowd would erupt in orgasmic celebration of another record breaking TD from the mighty arm of Brett Favre.

Maybe by next year Jet customers will begin to accept and even like the greatest player in NFL history.

Green Bay- 1 football team. nothing else.

New York- 2 football teams, 2 basketball teams, 3 hockey teams, 2 baseball teams.

Sorry we dont get a bigger hard-on for Brett. Maybe we are such cynical bastards that we will wait to give fellatio to Favre.

Exactly.

No offense to you and Jetophile, but the term "bite me" does not have the same negative connotation when said by a woman. Most guys would reply: "Sure! Where? Assuming the bitee has the requisite level of attractiveness for that male, of course.

New York- 2 football teams, 2 basketball teams, 3 hockey teams, 2 baseball teams.

Sorry we dont get a bigger hard-on for Brett. Maybe we are such cynical bastards that we will wait to give fellatio to Favre.

It was a poor crowd. I would say maybe, maybe 40,000. There were a ton of empty seats when the camera panned the crowd.

Didn't Lord Favre have an audience with the Mayor last week? I would say thats kind of a big deal. What other players have been invited to City Hall when joining a New York/New Jersey sports team?

that was the biggest crowd I have seen at a jets preseason game in 15 years. I mean it is not like he was playing a half or anything.. talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill

Don't take this the wrong way as I know you are a diehard fan, but when Parcells was named the coach of the Pats in 2003 and then drafted Bledsoe, Foxboro was packed to the rafters for preseason games.

Stop it. There's at least as much to do on a Saturday night in Green Bay, WI as there is in the NY metro area. And none of those things compare to going to watch Brett Favre throw 6 passes. Jets fans just suck is all.

Archived