Brady may miss next exhibition game too.

PatriotReign37

Well Santana Moss was a slot WR with the Jets but with the Skins he's not a slot WR. Moss proved he could go out and still be awesome. Welker can't do that.

Santana Moss with the Jets never put up any numbers near Welker's while he was in the slot. His big season with the Jets was on the outside. He also darts straight to the sideline all the time, fearing to go over the middle. He will either fall down immediately or make a dash to the sideline.

Wes Welker in the slot > Santana Moss in the slot.

On the outside, who knows, Welker doesn't play the outside so we'll never know.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Santana Moss with the Jets never put up any numbers near Welker's while he was in the slot. His big season with the Jets was on the outside. He also darts straight to the sideline all the time, fearing to go over the middle. He will either fall down immediately or make a dash to the sideline.

Wes Welker in the slot > Santana Moss in the slot.

On the outside, who knows, Welker doesn't play the outside so we'll never know.

No Shizzle. He didn't have Randy Moss.

No Shizzle. He didn't have Randy Moss.

Who did Wes Welker have across from him in Miami? The over-rated Chris Chambers? The man who drops easy catches like its his job? And he still managed 67 catches in 2006 alone while Moss before switching to the outside in 2003 had 32 catches in two seasons, one of which where Laveranues Coles had his breakout season and was Pennington's go-to-guy. 2 in 2001, 30 in 2002. Injuries obviously hurt his rookie season, but his second season wasn't anything to write home about either.

Who did Wes Welker have across from him in Miami? The over-rated Chris Chambers? The man who drops easy catches like its his job? And he still managed 67 catches in 2006 alone while Moss before switching to the outside in 2003 had 32 catches in two seasons, one of which where Laveranues Coles had his breakout season and was Pennington's go-to-guy. 2 in 2001, 30 in 2002. Injuries obviously hurt his rookie season, but his second season wasn't anything to write home about either.

I'm not for or against this Welker debate..but Chris Chambers is not overrated. If anything..he's underrated.

I'm not for or against this Welker debate..but Chris Chambers is not overrated. If anything..he's underrated.

Chris Chambers is as over-rated as they come. Drops easy passes on a consistent basis and has never lived up to the hype he receives, or received, out of Miami, and now San Diego.

The guy is 30 years old and has had one, count 'em, ONE, season over 1,000 yards receiving. I don't care who your Quarterback is, if you're that good you're going to have more than one year of more than 1,000 yards in 8 NFL seasons. Period.

Chambers is one of the best #2's in the league, but he is not a #1.

Chris Chambers is as over-rated as they come. Drops easy passes on a consistent basis and has never lived up to the hype he receives, or received, out of Miami, and now San Diego.

The guy is 30 years old and has had one, count 'em, ONE, season over 1,000 yards receiving. I don't care who your Quarterback is, if you're that good you're going to have more than one year of more than 1,000 yards in 8 NFL seasons. Period.

Chambers is one of the best #2's in the league, but he is not a #1.

I disagree bro. I think Chambers is a great WR with excellent hands and great route running ability. 47 TDs in 7 seasons, with two of those season playing 10 games or less.

Not to mention he is a human highlight reel:

0hWIee2P3u4

Legitimate Super Bowls:

Brady: 0

Rothlisburger: 1

yeah c'mon mike a phantom pass interference call, rothlisberger TD but he never crossed the line.

bogus holding calls.

and a penalty for trying to tackle a guy low on hasselbeck. that has never been a penalty before that play and has never been a penalty since.

aside from the fact that that was the worst game rothlisberger has ever played in his life

yeah c'mon mike a phantom pass interference call, rothlisberger TD but he never crossed the line.

bogus holding calls.

and a penalty for trying to tackle a guy low on hasselbeck. that has never been a penalty before that play and has never been a penalty since.

aside from the fact that that was the worst game rothlisberger has ever played in his life

I know of another QB who had one of his worst games in his first SB yet won too. Hey, i ain't complainin'. It's tradition. :)

but hey you still won. i point out the facts, but a win is a win

As much as i'm forced to defend Ben on message boards, i cannot defend that game. He had an off day, that simple. But i tell you, without Ben that team doesn't even reach the SB. His play during that playoff run carried that team. It felt like Ben was willing that team to victory after victory.

I disagree bro. I think Chambers is a great WR with excellent hands and great route running ability. 47 TDs in 7 seasons, with two of those season playing 10 games or less.

Not to mention he is a human highlight reel:

0hWIee2P3u4

Brandon Lloyd used to have highlight reels, they mean **** when it comes to judging a player.

LOL. Just LOL.

Theres no denying it Max.

Namath knew exactly what was going on at his establishment and he was involved with some seedy characters. Not your every day beer swilling Joe placing a bet here or there either.

The NFL/AFL merger was in its infant stages back then and it didnt need a scandal to upset the apple cart. Baseball was still the number # 1 sport in America with Pro Football competing for its share of the pie.

The moral to the story is "Jet fans that live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones."

Archived