Phins Offense

drago

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the deal down south? Run heavy offense? I don't mean to make this a penny thread, just curious how your O-line is shaping up and if you have a usable TE...things like that.

Fasano, another Parcells gut from Dallas, is their TE..Their #1 WR is Ginn Jr...a speedster but I don't know what good that will be.. Ronnie Brown is coming off an ACL and is looking only OK at the time..They are relying heavily on Ricky Williams (LOL) and their defense's 2 big names are Joey Porter, who has been injured all camp and isn't even practicing, and Jason Ferguson, our lost lost NT...O-line is better then last year but young and now have to protect Chad who, as we all know isn't the most mobile guy in the league..

all in all, they will suck again, but Pennington is making believers out of the locals very quickly becuase of his study habits and leadership skills...he is a definite improvement over what they had 3 weeks ago

Fasano, another Parcells gut from Dallas, is their TE..Their #1 WR is Ginn Jr...a speedster but I don't know what good that will be.. Ronnie Brown is coming off an ACL and is looking only OK at the time..They are relying heavily on Ricky Williams (LOL) and their defense's 2 big names are Joey Porter, who has been injured all camp and isn't even practicing, and Jason Ferguson, our lost lost NT...O-line is better then last year but young and now have to protect Chad who, as we all know isn't the most mobile guy in the league..

all in all, they will suck again, but Pennington is making believers out of the locals very quickly becuase of his study habits and leadership skills...he is a definite improvement over what they had 3 weeks ago

I think their defense will be run over this year...in bad, bad way. Fergy was good as a jet but not nearly as affective after his big payday. Porter was done last year, now he isn't practicing? yikes.

I have been hearing good things about ginn but then again i heard those things about santana moss and it took him leaving to washington to be noticed. Chad kills speed receivers. This will be a rough season for them.

Whats the scoop on Brown? i heard he might be shopped?

The Dolphags offense is going to be a run ball control type offense. Their offensive line is much better and Ricky Williams is their best running back. All though Chad will be an upgrade at QB it will dwarf their offense because teams can cut down the field because of short comings of his arm and this will also hurt Tedd Gynn the way Santana Moss suffered with Chad. Their offense will have a tough time coming back from deficits which it will find frequently with their defense.

I think their defense will be run over this year...in bad, bad way. Fergy was good as a jet but not nearly as affective after his big payday. Porter was done last year, now he isn't practicing? yikes.

I have been hearing good things about ginn but then again i heard those things about santana moss and it took him leaving to washington to be noticed. Chad kills speed receivers. This will be a rough season for them.

Whats the scoop on Brown? i heard he might be shopped?

I don't know about that , that seems to be the strongest part of thier team right, Lead by Crowder (LB spelling?) they stopped the Jags running game in the first half of that game.

But to add to what AL said them seem to be real high on Chad ,thier offense sorta looked like ours did in 2006, let Chad throw the dink and dunks and then have Ricky run like crazy. Ronnie Brown did not look good at all,which is wierd because before his injury his was running pretty damn good. I feel bad for Ted Ginn ,he ran alot of plays over the middle and nearly got himself killed. I hope for his sake that they back off that play for the season cuz if not he will be on the IR before the season is up.

This is coming from a guy who is force to watch the Dolfags play cuz I live down here! :bag:

I don't know about that , that seems to be the strongest part of thier team right, Lead by Crowder (LB spelling?) they stopped the Jags running game in the first half of that game.

But to add to what AL said them seem to be real high on Chad ,thier offense sorta looked like ours did in 2006, let Chad throw the dink and dunks and then have Ricky run like crazy. Ronnie Brown did not look good at all,which is wierd because before his injury his was running pretty damn good. I feel bad for Ted Ginn ,he ran alot of plays over the middle and nearly got himself killed. I hope for his sake that back off that play for the season cuz if not he will be on the IR before the season is up.

This is coming from a guy who is force to watch the Dolfags play cuz I live down here! :bag:

Im feeling ya, Mike

Will you still be LOL-ing when Ricky torches the Jets for 100+ yards in week 1?

Our recievers have been doing much better throughout camp, Derrick Hagan is displaying some really soft hands so far this year and should be the #2 reciever. We have 2 guys cut in the mold of Wes Welker, they are David Kircus and Greg Camarillo (Camarillo caught the 60 yard TD in overtime for THE win last year). Fasano for TE was a Parcells pick in Dallas who was playing behind Whitten, he's ready to break out. The O-line is really coming toghether...

"Williams, who ran for 1,853 yards in 2002, asserted this is ''definitely'' the best offensive line he has run behind with the Dolphins. ''And the intangible is Tony Sparano,'' he said of the former Cowboys offensive line

coach".

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/miami-dolphins/story/648874.html

And the defense has only allowed 33 points in 2 games. We have 2 rookies on the d-line who have been so impressive in camp that will be getting the starting nod. Overall the team is shaping up nicely.

What are the carries going to be? 50/50? 60/40? I ask because i have brown...sigh...

It should be 50/50, but who knows. Sparano said he was trying to figure out the 2 backs intangibles, like who does better starting and who's better coming off the bench. It wiil probably be similar to what Dallas did last year with Barber and Jones. Ronnie will be good this year, I think he has only had like 7 carries so far this pre season, so it's hard to say. He strained his thumb last week so they took him out. Ricky though, looks amazing. He stiff armed one of Jacksonvilles DB's last week for like 10 yards. He's picking his holes and setting up his blocks like he used to. As a Miami fan it is great to see him returning to his old form.

You guys had Welker, Saban should be executed for what he did. Trading the teams best offensive player to the division leader and rival, before he split. Another joke in the never ending circus that is the dolfags. :rl:

Well well, looks like Jade is WRONG again. I know, nobody is suprised. Saban did not trade Welker, Randy Mueller did. We got a 2nd and 7th round pick for him, the 2nd turned into Samson Satele, our center who started all 16 games his rookie season and will be a stud center for years.

Close, Notre Dame. He was Dallas' 2nd round pick in 2006.

well mr. phins fan, BC and bosco are both high schools in north jersey, notre dame was his college

and he went to Verona HS in Jersey, so i was off.

Well well, looks like Jade is WRONG again. I know, nobody is suprised. Saban did not trade Welker, Randy Mueller did. We got a 2nd and 7th round pick for him, the 2nd turned into Samson Satele, our center who started all 16 games his rookie season and will be a stud center for years.
I stand corrected, so it was some other clown, I'm sure he could have got the same picks without trading inside the division.

They are a mickey mouse operation, excuse me for getting the mousekateers confused. :Nuts:

Are you stupid or something? Notre Dame is a COLLEGE. Bosco and BC are HIGH SCHOOLS.

Sorry, my knowledge of Northeast High Schools is very limited, being that I live a thousand miles away :rolleyes:. I don't think that's a reason for slinging a personal attack my way. What are you mad?

I stand corrected, so it was some other clown, I'm sure he could have got the same picks without trading inside the division.

They are a mickey mouse operation, excuse me for getting the mousekateers confused. :Nuts:

If you want to learn the details of restricted free agent offer sheets, I'll be happy to show you. The Patriots kinda forced our hand to trade him. But you wouldn't know about those kinds of things.

If you want to learn the details of restricted free agent offer sheets, I'll be happy to show you. The Patriots kinda forced our hand to trade him. But you wouldn't know about those kinds of things.
Whatever they were stupid to let them selves get in that position, and your boy Saban who you drooled over, before he totally screwed you, personally told beliscum to get Welker, that's why they made the offer.

Maybe you should not worry about what I know and worry about what your front office knows, you guys have been a laughing stock joke for years.

They forced your hand?????LMAO.... Your teams management back then sucked. just say that so we can move on.
You would think he would since he loves to flip-flop.

I guess he only flips one way, since he praised them first he won't trash them now, but he has no problem praising QB's he trashed for years.

YAY CHAD YAY!!!:cheergal:

They forced your hand?????LMAO.... Your teams management back then sucked. just say that so we can move on.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2788847

In exchange for Welker, the Patriots sent their 2007 second- and seventh-round draft picks to Miami.

After the trade, Welker agreed Tuesday to a five-year, $18.1 million contract includes a $9 million signing bonus, ESPN.com's John Clayton reported.

ESPN.com first reported Saturday that the Patriots planned to sign Welker to a restricted free agent offer sheet. But the two teams obviously decided to avoid the red-tape and uncertainty that accompanies such a transaction and opted for a trade instead.

The Dolphins last week made Welker a qualifying offer of $1.3 million.

Had the Patriots officially executed the offer sheet to Welker, the Dolphins would have had seven days to either match it or pass on it. Under that scenario, if Miami matched the offer sheet, it would have retained Welker at the terms of the deal New England negotiated with him. If the Dolphins did not match the offer sheet, they would have received a second-round pick in the 2007 draft from the Patriots as compensation.

You would think he would since he loves to flip-flop.

I guess he only flips one way, since he praised them first he won't trash them now, but he has no problem praising QB's he trashed for years.

YAY CHAD YAY!!!:cheergal:

He is like the rest of the fans down there. I just moved from miami and the fans down there are some of the most uninformed fans in this country. I had so much fun down there putting them in there place. I can't wait to move back in a couple of years.

Will you still be LOL-ing when Ricky torches the Jets for 100+ yards in week 1?

Our recievers have been doing much better throughout camp, Derrick Hagan is displaying some really soft hands so far this year and should be the #2 reciever. We have 2 guys cut in the mold of Wes Welker, they are David Kircus and Greg Camarillo (Camarillo caught the 60 yard TD in overtime for THE win last year). Fasano for TE was a Parcells pick in Dallas who was playing behind Whitten, he's ready to break out. The O-line is really coming toghether...

"Williams, who ran for 1,853 yards in 2002, asserted this is ''definitely'' the best offensive line he has run behind with the Dolphins. ''And the intangible is Tony Sparano,'' he said of the former Cowboys offensive line

coach".

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/miami-dolphins/story/648874.html

And the defense has only allowed 33 points in 2 games. We have 2 rookies on the d-line who have been so impressive in camp that will be getting the starting nod. Overall the team is shaping up nicely.

Where to start...

Hagans hands are terrible...Kircus & Camarillo will both be cut...Fasano is a #2 TE at best...The O-Line is still a big liability...

"Williams, who ran for 1,853 yards in 2002... THAT IS 6 YEARS AGO DUDE, AND HE HAS ONLY PLAYED 6 DOWNS IN THE LAST 2..just keeping holding your breath on that one..

And the defense has only allowed 33 points in 2 games...that is 16.5 per game

in the pre-season against 2nd, 3rd & 4th stringers...you are a mental case

And like I said, your management sucked and let him go. So c'mon admit it.

Obviously our front office was not the best last year, we were 1-15. That's why Bill Parcells is here and everybody else was given their pink slips. As far as the Welker deal goes if we had kept him we would be carrying a huge salary for a slot reciever. At the time we still had Chambers, Booker, Zach and Taylor and we really didn't have the cap room for Welker, the Ptriots tender offer was too high. As the deal worked out we got a 2nd and a 7th pick. What else do you want me to say, the deal was made and there was nothing I as a fan could do.

Archived