Phins Offense

drago

Obviously our front office was not the best last year, we were 1-15. That's why Bill Parcells is here and everybody else was given their pink slips. As far as the Welker deal goes if we had kept him we would be carrying a huge salary for a slot reciever. At the time we still had Chambers, Booker, Zach and Taylor and we really didn't have the cap room for Welker, the Ptriots tender offer was too high. As the deal worked out we got a 2nd and a 7th pick. What else do you want me to say, the deal was made and there was nothing I as a fan could do.

What's funny about all this, is that there were numerous threads of jets fans bashing the pats for giving up too much for 'just a slot receiver'.

Both teams made out like bandits. Miami is a team that was building last year and had no use for what they, and now everyone, considered one of the best slot receivers in the NFL. So they got draft picks for it. Good for them. That AND they didn't have to carry his salary.

Ask Alk or Gainzo about them defending the Pats' offer to Miami...so funny how we jet fans jump side to side. Give it a rest, it was a good, if not great deal, for both teams.

• Upvote 1

He is like the rest of the fans down there. I just moved from miami and the fans down there are some of the most uninformed fans in this country. I had so much fun down there putting them in there place. I can't wait to move back in a couple of years.
I know, they are the biggest jokes in all of sports.

What's funny about all this, is that there were numerous threads of jets fans bashing the pats for giving up too much for 'just a slot receiver'.

Both teams made out like bandits. Miami is a team that was building last year and had no use for what they, and now everyone, considered one of the best slot receivers in the NFL. So they got draft picks for it. Good for them. That AND they didn't have to carry his salary.

Ask Alk or Gainzo about them defending the Pats' offer to Miami...so funny how we jet fans jump side to side. Give it a rest, it was a good, if not great deal, for both teams.

That was never the point, a good organization would have not let him go with in the division, that was a freaking joke, and it was saban that told beliscum to offer that much for him.

Speak for yourself, I wasn't here for that. Are you a phins fan in disguise or something?

That was never the point, a good organization would have not let him go with in the division, that was a freaking joke, and it was saban that told beliscum to offer that much for him.

You must be the most bull headed person I've ever run into. Listen to what I'm saying and then shut up... The Patriots made the offer, they were the only team to do so. Therefore we had to either deal with them or eat the huge salary and put us in cap hell. All credit for this move goes to Scott Pioli who is a shady but brilliant GM.

You must be the most bull headed person I've ever run into. Listen to what I'm saying and then shut up... The Patriots made the offer, they were the only team to do so. Therefore we had to either deal with them or eat the huge salary and put us in cap hell. All credit for this move goes to Scott Pioli who is a shady but brilliant GM.

So what exactly are you trying to say?

You don't know me, and who's fault is it that they let themselves get in that situation.

If they were not going to keep him they should have traded him out of the division, not wait for someone to sign him to an offer sheet.

Your boy saban was not satisfied royally screwing you by leaving, but he personaly told belicsum what to offer to put you in that situation.

I know it's hard to admitt that your teram is run like they are in the ray charles league, but they are.

Have fun with another season of getting owned.

Edited by Jade Green

You don't know me, and who's fault is it that they let themselves get in that situation.

If they were not going to keep him they should have traded him out of the division, not wait for someone to sign him to an offer sheet.

Your boy saban was not satisfied royally screwing you by leaving, but he personaly told belicsum what to offer to put you in that situation.

I know it's hard to admitt that your teram is run like they are in the ray charles league, but they are.

Have fun with another season of getting owned.

You're really not a very bright person are you. Go back and read my posts. I laid out what happened in a very clear and concise manner. Miami could not have traded Welker anywhere else because New England was the first team to put out an offer for him. So, we would either keep him, therby shelling out 9 million dollars in bonuses to a slot reciever, or trade him to New England and recieve multiple draft picks.

Also, you've repeated yourself 3 times about Saban telling Belichick about Welker, I got it the first time, it did not need to be repeated. Belichick coached agains Welker 3 years in a row, I don't think he needed anybody to tell him how good of a player he was

In all fairness you just commented for the first time on the belicheat comment.

It was such a stupid comment that I didn't feel the need to respond. You're fairly new here so you don't know this, but Jade is ignoramus maximus, I wouldn't put to much into what he posts. You'll see what I mean as time goes on.

You're really not a very bright person are you. Go back and read my posts. I laid out what happened in a very clear and concise manner. Miami could not have traded Welker anywhere else because New England was the first team to put out an offer for him. So, we would either keep him, therby shelling out 9 million dollars in bonuses to a slot reciever, or trade him to New England and recieve multiple draft picks.

Also, you've repeated yourself 3 times about Saban telling Belichick about Welker, I got it the first time, it did not need to be repeated. Belichick coached agains Welker 3 years in a row, I don't think he needed anybody to tell him how good of a player he was

Your so bright, you mean they could not have traded hime before the offer, I guess I should have repeated that too.

And this, if they could not keep him they should have moved him, waiting for someone to come in a sign him to an offer they could not match was stupid.

They ended up giving him over to a the divison leading rival, again STUPID!!! They let themselves fall into the situation, because they are run like a joke.

beliscum coached against him but it was your boy saban who convinced him that they neeeded him and to make the offer.

Edited by Jade Green

It was such a stupid comment that I didn't feel the need to respond. You're fairly new here so you don't know this, but Jade is ignoramus maximus, I wouldn't put to much into what he posts. You'll see what I mean as time goes on.
Right that's why there are 3 threads of you flip flopping like your in the olympics, your mouth has 4 sides and you speak different sh*t out of all of them.

You are the last person here that should be calling anybody anything, this whole place knows what a clown you are.

My posts are not in any Mod's sigs but your ridiculous comments are, FLIPPER!!!

Your so bright, you mean they could not have traded hime before the offer, I guess I should have repeated that too.

And this, if they could not keep him they should have moved him, waiting for someone to come in a sign him to an offer they could not match was stupid.

They ended up giving him over to a the divison leading rival, again STUPID!!! They let themselves fall into the situation, because they are run like a joke.

beliscum coached against him but it was your boy saban who convinced him that they neeeded him and to make the offer.

You are truly a...

th_broken-record.jpg

I tried explaing this to you. Welker was a restricted free agent. We would have had to match... You know what F*** it, I'm not wasting anymore time on your dumb a$$

did i respond directly to you? And no, i'm not a phins fan, i just think its funny when people flip flop all the time.

Felt like it. I just find it funny that you didn't join in on the phin bashing especially when there was a phinFan replying to the thread.

O.K. Jade. Since you don't understand anything about restricted free agents, I'm going to school you so you'll stop looking like an ill informed fan...

In the National Football League, a restricted free agent (RFA) is one with three accrued seasons of service, who has received a "qualifying" offer (a salary level predetermined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the league and its players) from his current club. He can negotiate with any club through a certain date. If the restricted free agent accepts an offer sheet from a new club, his old club has "right of first refusal," a seven-day period in which it may match the offer and retain him, or choose not to match the offer, in which case it may receive one or more draft picks for the upcoming draft from the player's new club. If an offer sheet is not executed, the player's rights revert to his old club the day after negotiations must end.

Miami offered Welker a "qualifying offer" to stay with the team in early March, we really had no intention of trading him, however New England jumped in and upped our offer right away forcing us to trade him. My last 40 posts in this thread explain this, go back and look. Now, go get your skateboard and go work on your ollies before mommy calls you in for dinner.

Felt like it. I just find it funny that you didn't join in on the phin bashing especially when there was a phinFan replying to the thread.

sorry if i didn't join in on the phin bashing. Some people think that gets old after a while.

O.K. Jade. Since you don't understand anything about restricted free agents, I'm going to school you so you'll stop looking like an ill informed fan...

In the National Football League, a restricted free agent (RFA) is one with three accrued seasons of service, who has received a "qualifying" offer (a salary level predetermined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the league and its players) from his current club. He can negotiate with any club through a certain date. If the restricted free agent accepts an offer sheet from a new club, his old club has "right of first refusal," a seven-day period in which it may match the offer and retain him, or choose not to match the offer, in which case it may receive one or more draft picks for the upcoming draft from the player's new club. If an offer sheet is not executed, the player's rights revert to his old club the day after negotiations must end.

Miami offered Welker a "qualifying offer" to stay with the team in early March, we really had no intention of trading him, however New England jumped in and upped our offer right away forcing us to trade him. My last 40 posts in this thread explain this, go back and look. Now, go get your skateboard and go work on your ollies before mommy calls you in for dinner.

You are so retarded, if they were not so MICKEY MOUSE they would have seen the situation coming and made a move before the offer was made, but what should I expect they way that team is run.

Obviously they all had their heads up their asses, they were not going to be able to keep him once an offer was made, and there was no way he was going to resign with their sorry asses again.

So they should have moved him before they got stuck, what were they holding on to him for to go 1-15?

If they had any brains they could have moved him, outside of the division, before the offer was made, effectively controlling where he ended up and getting him out of the division.

There dumb asses did nothing and allowed their selves to be put in the positon the ended up when saban's snake ass convince beliscum to make the offer.

Just go back to telling us how nothing you said about Chad the last 3 years is true any more.

Edited by Jade Green

You are so retarded, if they were not so MICKEY MOUSE they would have seen the situation coming and made a move before the offer was made, but what should I expect they way that team is run.

Obviously they all had their heads up their asses, they were not going to be able to keep him once an offer was made, and there was no way he was going to resign with their sorry asses again.

So they should have moved him before they got stuck, what were they holding on to him for to go 1-15?

If they had any brains they could have moved him, outside of the division, before the offer was made, effectively controlling where he ended up and getting him out of the division.

There dumb asses did nothing and allowed their selves to be put in the positon the ended up when saban's snake ass convince beliscum to make the offer.

Just go back to telling us how nothing you said about Chad the last 3 years is true any more.

This guy is an idiot oh is this not the definition of Dolphag fan any way, sorry that was an oxymoron. All the Dolphags had to do is match the Pathetics* offer and Welker would not have gone anywhere.

Must be the aqua

This guy is an idiot oh is this not the definition of Dolphag fan any way, sorry that was an oxymoron. All the Dolphags had to do is match the Pathetics* offer and Welker would not have gone anywhere.

Must be the aqua

If they knew they were not going to match an offer like that, and they would have to be crazy to think he would resign with that disater, then they should have never let it come to that.

They should have moved him before any offers were made, ensuring that a division rivial would not make an offer and steal him.

The reason they did not is because they all had their heads up their asses and their coach saban wanted to see him on the patsies.

They hired and drooled over a guy who screwed them so bad and made sure his boy beliscum got welker, then he left them high and dry and they defend it.

saban had them set up a whole press confrence to say good bye and then he called them from his jet as he was flying out of town and said see ya suckers!!!

MORONS!!!

Edited by Jade Green

If they knew they were not going to match an offer like that, and they would have to be crazy to think he would resign with that disater, then they should have never let it come to that.

They should have moved him before any offers were made, ensuring that a division rivial would not make an offer and steal him.

The reason they did not is because they all had their heads up their asses and their coach saban wanted to see him on the patsies.

They hired and drooled over a guy who screwed them so bad and made sure his boy beliscum got welker, then he left them high and dry and they defend it.

saban had them set up a whole press confrence to say good bye and then he called them from his jet as he was flying out of town and said see ya suckers!!!

MORONS!!![/quote] They resemble their fans:confused0082:

They could have moved him like you say or match the Pathetics* offer sheet

I have been hearing good things about ginn but then again i heard those things about santana moss and it took him leaving to washington to be noticed. Chad kills speed receivers.

Their #1 WR is Ginn Jr...a speedster but I don't know what good that will be..

All though Chad will be an upgrade at QB it will dwarf their offense because teams can cut down the field because of short comings of his arm and this will also hurt Tedd Gynn the way Santana Moss suffered with Chad.

I don't buy the Chad kills speed receivers theory. I used to, but not anymore. He's not doing them any favors, but I don't think they suffer more than anybody else. Moss had some good years with Chad and I think the only reason he didn't have better seasons was because he was constantly hurt. Before the peanut gallery gets started about concussions, the guy barely took a hit and it was usually his hamstrings, IIRC.

Speed comes in different packages. Straightaway, kick returner speed (think Jonathan Carter) is a total waste with Chad. Punt returner speed is what Chad needs. Guys that can get some separation, catch the ball short and do something with it. Take that little Bob Hayes receiver screen and go.

If I were building a team around Chad I would load up with punt returner types. Not only do you get yards after the catch, but Chad seems to prefer to throw to them. I think that his weak arm and risk averse nature make it hard for him to throw to size (maybe why TEs never get that many balls) because he can't just rip it in there when there isn't separation. Trouble with the theory is that, while there are worse QBs, Chad is far from being worth building around.

Ironically, Welker would be just the type of hard-nosed YAC WR I'd want. I don't think the 'phins could trade him because he wasn't under contract and that crazy deal the Pats offered was too much for them to match with all the cap $$ they had wasted. Their FO sucked, but by the time they offered Welker the tender their hands were tied.

Edited by #27TheDominator
  • Upvote 1

I don't buy the Chad kills speed receivers theory. I used to, but not anymore. He's not doing them any favores, but I don't think they suffer more than anybody else. Moss had some good years with Chad and I think the only reason he didn't have better seasons was because he was constantly hurt. Before the peanut gallery gets started about concussions, the guy barely took a hit and it was usually his hamstrings, IIRC.

Speed comes in different packages. Straightaway, kick returner speed (think Jonathan Carter) is a total waste with Chad. Punt returner speed is what Chad needs. Guys that can get some separation, catch the ball short and do something with it. Take that little Bob Hayes receiver screen and go.

If I were building a team around Chad I would load up with punt returner types. Not only do you get yards after the catch, but Chad seems to prefer to throw to them. I think that his weak arm and risk averse nature make it hard for him to throw to size (maybe why TEs never get that many balls) because he can't just rip it in there when there isn't separation. Trouble with the theory is that, while there are worse QBs, Chad is far from being worth building around.

Ironically, Welker would be just the type of hard-nosed YAC WR I'd want. I don't think the 'phins could trade him because he wasn't under contract and that crazy deal the Pats offered was too much for them to match with all the cap $$ they had wasted. Their FO sucked, but by the time they offered Welker the tender their hands were tied.

The reason it hurts speed receivers is because the DB can cheat, by not biting on the long routes and the DB is able to concentrate and play the shorter routes and the run. Yes the little slant and other short patterns is what these fast WR will try to do and yes YAC is going to be their way to make big gainers. But taking away the long pass id taking a big part of their game away and shortning the field for the defense. This is what has killed the Jets offense with Chad and I was a huge Chad suppoter when he wore the green and white. Santana Moss had moderate results with the Jets but when he went to Washington he became a more multi-diverse WR because he was able to go deep.

The reason it hurts speed receivers is because the DB can cheat, by not biting on the long routes and the DB is able to concentrate and play the shorter routes and the run. Yes the little slant and other short patterns is what these fast WR will try to do and yes YAC is going to be their way to make big gainers. But taking away the long pass id taking a big part of their game away and shortning the field for the defense. This is what has killed the Jets offense with Chad and I was a huge Chad suppoter when he wore the green and white. Santana Moss had moderate results with the Jets but when he went to Washington he became a more multi-diverse WR because he was able to go deep.

My point is not that Chad is doing these guys any favors, but that the team is better off with speed and Chad than size/hands and Chad. If you take the speed away from Chad everybody would line up three yards off the ball.

Moss never started a full season with the Jets, yet he had his 2nd and 3rd best seasons in yardage, most TDs and best season in ypc with the Jets. In four years with the Jets he started 27 games, in three with the 'skins he started 44. He was perennially injured which is one of the only reasons I supported that trade.