Phins Offense

drago

My point is not that Chad is doing these guys any favors, but that the team is better off with speed and Chad than size/hands and Chad. If you take the speed away from Chad everybody would line up three yards off the ball.

Moss never started a full season with the Jets, yet he had his 2nd and 3rd best seasons in yardage, most TDs and best season in ypc with the Jets. In four years with the Jets he started 27 games, in three with the 'skins he started 44. He was perennially injured which is one of the only reasons I supported that trade.

I agree that speed is a great asset for any offense. Speed will definately make you double team that guy with a safety. I guess your point is more about the WR and YAC and mine was the deficencies of Chad.

My point is that Chad does not utilize speed as much as a QB capable of utilizing the whole field. Unfortunately Moss is injury prone and not the greatest example.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will you still be LOL-ing when Ricky torches the Jets for 100+ yards in week 1?

Our recievers have been doing much better throughout camp, Derrick Hagan is displaying some really soft hands so far this year and should be the #2 reciever. We have 2 guys cut in the mold of Wes Welker, they are David Kircus and Greg Camarillo (Camarillo caught the 60 yard TD in overtime for THE win last year). Fasano for TE was a Parcells pick in Dallas who was playing behind Whitten, he's ready to break out. The O-line is really coming toghether...

"Williams, who ran for 1,853 yards in 2002, asserted this is ''definitely'' the best offensive line he has run behind with the Dolphins. ''And the intangible is Tony Sparano,'' he said of the former Cowboys offensive line

coach".

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/miami-dolphins/story/648874.html

And the defense has only allowed 33 points in 2 games. We have 2 rookies on the d-line who have been so impressive in camp that will be getting the starting nod. Overall the team is shaping up nicely.

Davone Bess is miami's best WR hagans will be 2nd until he takes that over and i wont be surprised if thats chads main man. I dont know how he went undrafted.

I love fasano hes good i hate that hes on dolphins.

The Dolphags offense is going to be a run ball control type offense. Their offensive line is much better and Ricky Williams is their best running back. All though Chad will be an upgrade at QB it will dwarf their offense because teams can cut down the field because of short comings of his arm and this will also hurt Tedd Gynn the way Santana Moss suffered with Chad. Their offense will have a tough time coming back from deficits which it will find frequently with their defense.

Nice post. Totally agree.

You don't know me, and who's fault is it that they let themselves get in that situation.

If they were not going to keep him they should have traded him out of the division, not wait for someone to sign him to an offer sheet.

Your boy saban was not satisfied royally screwing you by leaving, but he personaly told belicsum what to offer to put you in that situation.

I know it's hard to admitt that your teram is run like they are in the ray charles league, but they are.

Have fun with another season of getting owned.

He's right. New England signed him to the offer sheet, much like Washington did with Coles, their hands were tied at that point, either match the salary, or let him go to the Patriots.

I don't know what their cap situation was, but they obviously decided it wasn't in their best interest to pay that salary.

That having been said, watching that video, it's classic Chad, if the defense rushes four, and doesn't apply any pressure with those men, he can find a man open. And Ginn will get open, he's too fast not too.

Now, does anyone think that Jacksonville will only be rushing four during the regular season? Does anyone think the Jets will be week one? Do you think Miami's offensive line all of the sudden improved so much that we wont be putting Chad on his ass?

This game is only scary in the 'hype' sense, it has all the makings of a bloodbath. :box:

I agree that speed is a great asset for any offense. Speed will definately make you double team that guy with a safety. I guess your point is more about the WR and YAC and mine was the deficencies of Chad.

My point is that Chad does not utilize speed as much as a QB capable of utilizing the whole field. Unfortunately Moss is injury prone and not the greatest example.

Agreed. Thing is Ginn wasn't going to be catching too many long balls with John Beck throwing to him anyway. Chad may limit the field, but I'll bet Ginn's numbers will be better than if they started one of the other stiffs the Dolphins had in camp. Whether they had big arms or not. Chad is deficient, but not as deficient as Beck and McCown.

Archived