Big test for D'Brick

DMaynard

against the Giant DEs. This should give us an indication of how far he has progressed. And D'Brick's progress will have a big impact on how far the Jets go this year.

I am looking forward to the line battles in the first half.

It will be good test and I'm looking forward to see how the battles at the LOS go, on both sides of the ball. Like I said before, you could tell from last seasons pre-season game just how much better the Giants were in the trenches than we were. They were in our backfield on just about every play and Eli had all the time in the world to throw.

Last week the Giants absolutely dominated the Browns 1st team, they are going to be an incredibly tough test for this group. If we can give Favre enough time to throw and create running lanes, I'll be incredibly excited about this offense for the coming season.

It will be good test and I'm looking forward to see how the battles at the LOS go, on both sides of the ball. Like I said before, you could tell from last seasons pre-season game just how much better the Giants were in the trenches than we were. They were in our backfield on just about every play and Eli had all the time in the world to throw.

Last week the Giants absolutely dominated the Browns 1st team, they are going to be an incredibly tough test for this group. If we can give Favre enough time to throw and create running lanes, I'll be incredibly excited about this offense for the coming season.

I think youre going to see just that, IJ. Plus Favre doesn't need alot of time to find the open guy. I look for a real good first half. Hopefully i can watch it, if not i'll try the sopcast thing.

I think youre going to see just that, IJ. Plus Favre doesn't need alot of time to find the open guy. I look for a real good first half. Hopefully i can watch it, if not i'll try the sopcast thing.

I actually disagree, I think Favre is a QB who will need a lot of time. Over the years in Green Bay he has always, ALWAYS had great protection. A lot of people fail to take that into consideration with Favre. If our line fails to gel this season and it falls apart, IMO our season is dead regardless of who's at QB.

We will have a much better idea after the game tomorrow as to just how far our O-line has came along. Brick is not the only guy who is in for a tough test.

I actually disagree, I think Favre is a QB who will need a lot of time. Over the years in Green Bay he has always, ALWAYS had great protection. A lot of people fail to take that into consideration with Favre. If our line fails to gel this season and it falls apart, IMO our season is dead regardless of who's at QB.

We will have a much better idea after the game tomorrow as to just how far our O-line has came along. Brick is not the only guy who is in for a tough test.

Dude ya got Brick, Faneca and Mangold. Mangold might just be the best of em' too.

I don't think Favre has enjoyed great protection all those years, i think alot of times the QB makes the OL look better.

Lines work as a unit. Thus with the new additions, we have to see how they are gelling. This is a huge test, that is not to say that D'brick is not the only one with a battle but he will get his share of Osi which is huge test for any LT.

Wow, you've been pretty edgy lately man. First blasting JN over at JI and now mocking players who are out for the season.

i don't remember blasting JN anywhere

and I'm not really mocking OSI - but it could have gone either way, Brick shut him down.

Osi could have shoved Brick and he could have blown out his knee and then we'd be sitting here panicking about 2008

instead it went the other way - and not for the first time - I remember watching Brick turn Mathias Kiwaunka from a top 10 pick to a barely first round pick by crushing him in Senior Bowl practices.

I just think Brick is a fantastic player who doesn't get nearly enough credit - and remember he's a black belt in Karate, that means he's got way above average balance and less likely to go down with an injury like what happened to OSI.

Archived