No Soda August

drago

I have had a sip of the stuff since august began. I don't have a real reason as to give it up, because i really do like it in the afternoons sometimes, I just don't want to become a fatty-fat-fat.

So i gave it up. Anyone care to join in for the last third??? :biggrin:

it's getting tougher as the days go on, i really want a flippin coke right now.

I have had a sip of the stuff since august began. I don't have a real reason as to give it up, because i really do like it in the afternoons sometimes, I just don't want to become a fatty-fat-fat.

So i gave it up. Anyone care to join in for the last third??? :biggrin:

it's getting tougher as the days go on, i really want a flippin coke right now.

Good for you. I gave it up about 4 years ago. I was still working out in the field sweating me a$$ off every day and drinking noting but soda. It got to the point where it just didn't taste any good anymore so I just up and quit. In just the past couple years I have loosened up a little and will have maybe one every month or so but I really don't miss it at all.

gatorade is way overpriced. I don't know why they gouge the **** out of people on the price. I'd think they'd make just as much if not more if they dropped the cost and went on bulk instead of margin. The stuff can't cost but pennies to make.

anyway, the whole soda thing only really effects me when it's time for a rum and coke or whiskey and mt. dew. It's painful. I won't be an alcoholic for much longer if i keep this **** up.

My wife has gone on a serious healthy kick since January. So by default so have I.

I don't buy soda any more for the house,except Christmas and vacation. And even then, I get Coke Zero. I still will buy a Zero or 2 during the course of a day. I don't remember the last time I had a fully-sugared soft drink of any kind. Now, caffeinated stuff like Zero, coffee,etc. aren't good for you, butg at least less bad than sugared up versions. You can get decaf sugare free iced tea(4C and Crystal Light are both very good). But the amount of sugar in most regular soft drinks is criminal.A 20 oz. bottle of Arizona Iced Tea has the equal of 12 packets of sugar. I'd suggest if you are going for Gatorade, go for G2, which tastes the same, is made by Gatorade and has less than half the sugar.

G2 doesn't taste the same but it's still good. My most often-used choice for caffeine is home-brewed Irish tea, it tastes good, gives me that warm kick, goes with anything, and is cheap. Away from home I mostly drink soda or apple juice. I can't stand the price of Gatorade, it's ridiculous.

As for energy drinks, the only one of those I can drink is Lucozade. All the others are disgusting, in my opinion. And I drink Lucozade for the taste more than for the energy.

G2 doesn't taste the same but it's still good. My most often-used choice for caffeine is home-brewed Irish tea, it tastes good, gives me that warm kick, goes with anything, and is cheap. Away from home I mostly drink soda or apple juice. I can't stand the price of Gatorade, it's ridiculous.

As for energy drinks, the only one of those I can drink is Lucozade. All the others are disgusting, in my opinion. And I drink Lucozade for the taste more than for the energy.

they are all pretty raunchy (energy drinks). I have seen some commercials calling them out for their sugar content, sort of puts it in perspective.

my dad use to cringe at energy drink commercials, i guess it kept him in business though (dentist).

honestly i have up soda/any drink with calries like January, February(was my new years resolution)I either drank just water or i would get sparkling water. I love sparkling water is really cheap like 70 cents a bottle and it has nothing in it iits just very carbonated and kind is like soda but better for you.

they are all pretty raunchy (energy drinks). I have seen some commercials calling them out for their sugar content, sort of puts it in perspective.

my dad use to cringe at energy drink commercials, i guess it kept him in business though (dentist).

I love the taste of energy drinks just i hate drinking them bc they are so bad for you. i wish there was a drink that can taste like them but not be so bad. They would never make that tho bc most people don't even like the taste.

If I gave up soda, I'd go back to drinking Gatorade, which is more expensive. So either way I'm screwed.

I can go fine without soda but it doesn't seem to affect me too much anyways. I refuse to buy water bottles because I down those things in seconds.

Gatorade is not good for you either... a lot of sugar just like soda.

No soda for 10+ years now.

Doesn't interest me.

Beer does.

I don't think I've had anything but water or unsweetened tea or coffee for almost a year now. The only caloric beverage I drink is beer.

BEER!

See no matter what the diet.... beer is needed!

I never understood soda! Didn't grow up on the stuff, was always water, milk, grape or apple juice. LOL. Just never had it in the house and only at birthday or pizza parties and then it was root beer, birch beer or cream soda. (Yup, I'm a product of the 70's)

Anyway, never buy it, never have it in the house... but maybe once or twice a year I'll crave a Pepsi... the real deal, loaded with sugar and caffeine. Sometimes that tastes so good.

Other than that my beverages are... unsweetened iced tea, white wine, water, red wine, water, beer. :cheergal:

Gatorade is not good for you either... a lot of sugar just like soda.

I know, the only time I'll drink Gatorade (most of the time I'd even use G2 instead) is when working out. If you drink Gatorade without working out/using those electrolytes, you're just going to gain weight without burning the sugars. The only other time I drink Gatorade is when I'm sick and need the fluids. I don't know of a drink that works as good as Gatorade for that.

Archived