If you could spend an hour with any JetNation member...

TaborJet

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NJ, Doug, Boozer and Drums to jam out with-maybe let either Verde or Borgo play bass-B-76 plays acoustic in the JN band....so many others I'd like to meet

Absolutely buddy - we gotta make that happen sometime, somewhere.

NJ, Doug, Boozer and Drums to jam out with-maybe let either Verde or Borgo play bass-B-76 plays acoustic in the JN band....so many others I'd like to meet

Forget that. I'm going old school and bringing viola into mainstream rock. John Cale couldn't do it, but I will succeed. :) As for the bass thing, I have a call in to Chris Squire about borrowing his 70s-era Rikenbacker.

Forget that. I'm going old school and bringing viola into mainstream rock. John Cale couldn't do it, but I will succeed. :) As for the bass thing, I have a call in to Chris Squire about borrowing his 70s-era Rikenbacker.

Doesn't this song have a viola? I know Vandenberg or whoever that is happens to flop the bow around on his Charvel, but somebody back in the day told me it was actually a viola. Even if it's not you get to enjoy Tawny Kitaen getting some practice in before writhing around on the hood in Here I Go Again.

Lqb5EcU65IQ

Doesn't this song have a viola? I know Vandenberg or whoever that is happens to flop the bow around on his Charvel, but somebody back in the day told me it was actually a viola. Even if it's not you get to enjoy Tawny Kitaen getting some practice in before writhing around on the hood in Here I Go Again.

Lqb5EcU65IQ

To my untrained ears, that has always sounded like a cello rather than a viola, which is pretty much an over-sized violin. After a little research, it seems that the musical "string" passage was actually played on synthesizer by keyboardist Don Airey.

What a great rock song. I've always thought that it had more riffs and hooks per square inch than any tune ever written in that idiom. I love the middle section when it changes gears into that spacey interlude. The guitar solo (unfortunately mostly buried by Coverdale or the producer) over those huge chords, at about 4;00 in, is just breathtaking. It's a solo any guitar player would give his nuts to have laid (lain?) down. BTW, the guitar work on that song--and everything except the solo on "Here I Go Again", which is by Adrian Vandenberg--is by the mostly unsung John Sykes.

#1 Smizzy. The guy has really been helpful and supportive with advice and well wishes during my wife's pregnancy complications. I owe him a beer or 20.

I was just glad to be able to help calm you guys down and keep your thoughts positive.

You don't OWE me anything my friend.

Archived