Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

TaborJet

I don't think it's that great. I love the Euphoria Engine, but I'm not a big fan of the controls (they seem rather clunky) and the force stuff just feels like a gimmick. Granted, all you get to see is the first level so I'm hoping that it gets more exciting when you get more force powers. I don't like the character you play either, but I don't mind that too much. I still think that Star Wars:Shadows of the Empire for the N64 was the best ever, followed by the Gameboy Star Wars. I'll probably rent the game and go from there.

What did you think of the demo, Tabor?

I don't think it's that great. I love the Euphoria Engine, but I'm not a big fan of the controls (they seem rather clunky) and the force stuff just feels like a gimmick. Granted, all you get to see is the first level so I'm hoping that it gets more exciting when you get more force powers. I don't like the character you play either, but I don't mind that too much. I still think that Star Wars:Shadows of the Empire for the N64 was the best ever, followed by the Gameboy Star Wars. I'll probably rent the game and go from there.

What did you think of the demo, Tabor?

I like it. Great graphics, storyline. You're right about the clunkiness. Takes time to get used to.

My favorite was the Battlefront series. Just pick a player and jump into a battle.

I like it. Great graphics, storyline. You're right about the clunkiness. Takes time to get used to.

My favorite was the Battlefront series. Just pick a player and jump into a battle.

I'll try it again later before I head off to the Jets game. I was playing it at like 2:00 AM so maybe it was just I was tired. I didn't get the storyline at all, I must've unknowingly skipped it. I dislike having a non-Star Wars movie character set in the Star Wars universe as a hero, though. I don't know why. Battlefront was great though, I had the first one for the PS2. Third favorite Star Wars game. :)

EDIT: I just looked and Shadows of the Empire has to be one of the most underrated games ever. It got a freaken 7.1/10! Blasphemy!

I just played the demo again. My first thought was that I absolutely hate the Havok Engine. Character models, especially the main character's, look incredibly unrealistic. Every Havok game has that for characters, I don't like that cartoony look. It's better than the Unreal Engine, but I'm more a fan of proprietary enginenes developed in-house. 99% of the time they look way better than whatever the companies buy off others. Some of the stuff is fun but gets boring. I like how dynamic the environment is. I watched that little bit in the beginning and the end about the storyline, and I guess it's decent. It didn't really disclose much information at all. Still going to rent it though.

Archived