Desperate Fan in Eagleland

Old Rogue

For whatever stupid reason, all of my TV comes from Philly. I have begged DirecTV to change me over to NYC stations, but they refuse. I am an annual subscriber to NFL Sunday Ticket, and most years I don't care that they don't show Jets Preseason. But I really, really want to see tonight's Giants game, and I am stuck at home without any transportation. I know it's on again tomorrow at 4:00 on the NFL Network, but I just can't wait. Does anyone here know of a website that streams these games live? PPV is fine too.

Find a friend or relative in the NY/NJ area and give DTV that billing address (for all they know, you own two homes and travel to & fro). You just need to install the equipment yourself. Then get electronic billing.

I know several people who do this. In fact, I know someone who watches NY sports teams in the bahamas! :)

I really think DTV knows of this loophole but turns a blind eye.. they would not be the ones breaking the law, afterall!

Find a friend or relative in the NY/NJ area and give DTV that billing address (for all they know, you own two homes and travel to & fro). You just need to install the equipment yourself. Then get electronic billing.

I know several people who do this. In fact, I know someone who watches NY sports teams in the bahamas! :)

I really think DTV knows of this loophole but turns a blind eye.. they would not be the ones breaking the law, afterall!

Whoever thought of this: Genius.

For whatever stupid reason, all of my TV comes from Philly. I have begged DirecTV to change me over to NYC stations, but they refuse. I am an annual subscriber to NFL Sunday Ticket, and most years I don't care that they don't show Jets Preseason. But I really, really want to see tonight's Giants game, and I am stuck at home without any transportation. I know it's on again tomorrow at 4:00 on the NFL Network, but I just can't wait. Does anyone here know of a website that streams these games live? PPV is fine too.

You realize that direct tv carries sny right? And SNY carries the jets game.

You need to rid yourself of the mentality of helplessness. It is what is making this country into a third world nation. ONly true self made men and risktakers can pull us out of this. I am proud to be one of them. I welcome you to reexamine yourself and join us.

You need to rid yourself of the mentality of helplessness. It is what is making this country into a third world nation. ONly true self made men and risktakers can pull us out of this. I am proud to be one of them. I welcome you to reexamine yourself and join us.

Yeah, I always heard the "intimate message" racket really takes off in troubled economic times. Kudos for your visionary reading of the market trends and swift foray into the "hand release" game.

That other guy was right...Here is what you do...I used to live down in South Jersey and had the exact same problem....Call directv and tell them that you moved to Somewhere in central or northern jersey for instance 125 Main St in Woodbridge NJ or something. Tell them that you installed it yourself and are already there. Tell them that your Eagleland address is your mom's house and you still want the bills sent there. You will soon receive NY local channels. I have done this for awhile. If all else fails watch the game on channelsurfing.net

Interesting... But they know I have equipment already installed at this address for several years. How could I talk my way around that? If I say I moved, then wouldn't they come here and physically disconnect everything?

Yup. And the game is on, but starting at 11:00 after Mets-Astros. So if comes to that, it's a toss-up between watching the game tonight, but half asleep, and tomorrow, but keeping myself oblivious to news headlines, and staying off the Net (hard to do, brother) until 4 PM.

Interesting... But they know I have equipment already installed at this address for several years. How could I talk my way around that? If I say I moved, then wouldn't they come here and physically disconnect everything?

Hell no....they want the next person who moves in to want directv as well. If you tell them you already moved then your fine....The equiptment is yours to do as you wish.

Archived