Fireman Ed? JETS chant?

gangreenman

It all depends on whether he has settled his disability situation with the FDNY

that's the way I'm reading it too Craig....how can you make a case walking all the way from your car to a seat and then getting on top of your brother's shoulders 10 times a game and doing the chant-and to have it all on National TV? The insurance adjuster is sitting there on Sundays just waiting and watching for the first J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!! chant with a DENIED rubber stamper over his paperwork

that's the way I'm reading it too Craig....how can you make a case walking all the way from your car to a seat and then getting on top of your brother's shoulders 10 times a game and doing the chant-and to have it all on National TV? The insurance adjuster is sitting there on Sundays just waiting and watching for the first J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!! chant with a DENIED rubber stamper over his paperwork

The Jets should just wheel his ass in the stadium to his seat. All he has to do is stand up and do it he doesnt have to get on his bros shoulders. Cuz that chick in the pink jersey does not do it justice.

Who gives a crap about Fireman Ed? He is not our official mascot or anything, hes a normal fan like the rest of us... I was disappointed to go to my first game at the meadowlands and not even hear one Jets chant. Why do you people need fireman ed anyway??? Whats gonna happen when he stops going to games? Is the Jets chant going to die?? For christs sake people do you really need a conductor to get up off your ass and yell at the top of your lungs J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets??? if so, thats pretty pathetic...

Who gives a crap about Fireman Ed? He is not our official mascot or anything, hes a normal fan like the rest of us... I was disappointed to go to my first game at the meadowlands and not even hear one Jets chant. Why do you people need fireman ed anyway??? Whats gonna happen when he stops going to games? Is the Jets chant going to die?? For christs sake people do you really need a conductor to get up off your ass and yell at the top of your lungs J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets??? if so, thats pretty pathetic...

Many of the fans have trouble spelling J-E-T-S if fireman Ed isn't there to assist them.

I hope the Jets know if Ed will be there or not. Last year they seemed unprepared without him. Plan B better not be the girl in the pink cowboy hat. No offense to her but they need Ed. The stadium is louder with him there.

I hope the Jets know if Ed will be there or not. Last year they seemed unprepared without him. Plan B better not be the girl in the pink cowboy hat. No offense to her but they need Ed. The stadium is louder with him there.

I think 124 should be the new Fireman Ed. have him put his hard hat on and blow his whistle like he did at the Giants game last year. I would love to see him on top of Gainzo's shoulders leading the Jets chants on opening day!!

:rl:

there were 2 guys trying real hard to get the chant going. they were sitting near sections 140 i think, close to the players tunnel. they got a couple of sections going so hopefully if Ed doesn't show up, these guys will get noticed by the cameras. it really does make a difference without Fireman Ed though. somehow he was able to unify the whole stadium in it. it would be nice to hear come week 2 against the pats.

here is a novel idea..how about Jets fans bring there own energy to the game..

It is a bit more than that though. Ed gets the camera time so he can get the chant going immediately.

Although I don't want to know what Favre is going to do the first time he hears the chant when he is at the line of scrimmage.

I think 124 should be the new Fireman Ed. have him put his hard hat on and blow his whistle like he did at the Giants game last year. I would love to see him on top of Gainzo's shoulders leading the Jets chants on opening day!!

:rl:

How strong do you think gainzo is? Jeez.;-)

here is a novel idea..how about Jets fans bring there own energy to the game..

+1. Here's a second novel idea: Why don't the Jets pay Fireman Ed a seasonal fee for running a vid of him doing the cheer from a past game? This way, we get the stadium rocking and he doesn't need to worry about the pending insurance settlement.

Archived