Warner wins starting job in ARZ

InstantClassic

Relevant because we play them...source: espn.com

The Arizona Cardinals are expected to name Kurt Warner as the team's starting quarterback, a team source said Sunday.

Matt Leinart's poor performance Saturday night against the Oakland Raiders probably sealed the decision.

Leinart had three interceptions in the first half and completed just 4 of 12 passes for 24 yards. His passer rating was 2.8. The Cardinals won the game 24-0.

The source said Leinart's training-camp performance has been uneven, and the Cardinals are concerned about his arm strength and consistency.

After the game, coach Ken Whisenhunt said Leinart was still in the running for the Cardinals' starting job.

"I know Matt's down because he didn't play as well as he would have liked," Whisenhunt said. "This competition, being pushed by Kurt, has made Matt tougher. It's one of the things you have to be as a quarterback."

Warner will be on IR by the time the Jets play them.

Yeah he will Craig and Leinie can step on his member all night and probably will.

Peter North - should we still pick this guy up if he's cut next camp? I know you wanted to trade up #1's for the next decade to get him.

Peter North - should we still pick this guy up if he's cut next camp? I know you wanted to trade up #1's for the next decade to get him.

A lot of Jet fans were dying to get this guy. I called him a left handed Chad Pennington. I guess I was wrong. He doesn't appear to be that good. :D

Matt Lienhart sucks. He lost his job to a relic.

A relic who's a year younger than Brett Favre.

But yeah, Leinart sucks. I was so happy the Jets passed on him. Of course, I was happy they drafted Clemens, so what do I know?

He may be a year younger on the calendar but he has had multiple concussions and assorted other injuries. On that alone, Favre is younger in football years.

True, although Warner when 100% is pretty dman good QB. He's had his issues but there was a time when he was seen as one of the best if not the best QB in the league. I would much rather have faced Leinart in week 4 than Warner, who IMO could cause us a lot of problems. The Cardinals are not a team I'm looking forward to seeing. They should really be able to exploit our weaknesses in the secondary by getting either Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin matched up vs Barrett/Miller/Lowey. That will not end well IMO.

True, although Warner when 100% is pretty dman good QB. He's had his issues but there was a time when he was seen as one of the best if not the best QB in the league. I would much rather have faced Leinart in week 4 than Warner, who IMO could cause us a lot of problems. The Cardinals are not a team I'm looking forward to seeing. They should really be able to exploit our weaknesses in the secondary by getting either Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin matched up vs Barrett/Miller/Lowey. That will not end well IMO.

It's tough to complete passes when you are lying on your back.

Archived