Umenyiora likely to miss entire 2008 season - Star Ledger

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/08/source_umenyiora_to_undergo_su.html

An MRI today revealed that Giants DE Osi Umenyiora suffered serious ligament damage Saturday night against the Jets and will be forced to undergo surgery, which will probably knock him out for the entire season.

There was some talk about whether to do the short-term rehab or the surgery, but in the end, the Giants opted for surgery to make sure Umenyiora will be better off in the long run.

Much more on this to come.

Paging Michael Strahan

My thoughts exactly. How much do you want to bet the Giants are on the phone with Strahan right now talking about one more year. Who will be the DE opposite Tuck now if they don't move Kiwanuka back to end? I could very well see a return to the Giants in Strahan's near future.

man that blows..i feel really bad for him...as much as i love giants vs jets too many hardcore injuries have occurred from these games...Get well soon..

Yeah I was pretty worried about something happening to one of our guys. Thank god it didn't, but it still sucks for giants fans.

Yeah, I immediately feared that would be the case when I first saw it.

This really hurts the Giants. Their pass rush was the main reason they won the SB, it was everything to that D. Now that Osi and Strahan are both gone, they are relying completely on Justin Tuck and Mathias Kiwanuka to step up in a big way. As much as I like Tuck as a player, I doubt they'll be able to pick up the slack for Strahan and Osi to be honest. In other words, the G-Men are ****ed!

Didn`t they lose a CB in a preseason game against us one year?

That makes it 2-1:D

THats right Jason (pretty boy)Sehorn -- Too bad for Osi but that was a freak accident reminicent of Testaverdi -- Thats the nature of the game --

Being a football fan you hate to see something like this happen. Tough break for him.

I personally wouldnt give a sh*t if it were someone from another team, I'd chalk it up to "its a part of the game" and keep it moving...but I happen to like the GIants, this sucks!

This is a huge hit for the Giants.

Outside of Eli Manning, I'd say there's not a player they wouldn't want to lose less.

It may sound dramatic, but I'd say this is the difference between playoffs and no playoffs for them this season. NFCE is going to be tough again.

This is a huge hit for the Giants.

Outside of Eli Manning, I'd say there's not a player they wouldn't want to lose less.

It may sound dramatic, but I'd say this is the difference between playoffs and no playoffs for them this season. NFCE is going to be tough again.

I agree, Eli will need to play like he played in the playoffs all season long for them to stand a chance. I really like Philly this season, and although I think the Cowboys are slighlty overrated, they still be a tough outfit.

I agree, Eli will need to play like he played in the playoffs all season long for them to stand a chance. I really like Philly this season, and although I think the Cowboys are slighlty overrated, they still be a tough outfit.

Only slightly?

The Cowboys are overrated every year.

Ive never seen such a collection of c.ocky personalities that have yet to win a freaking playoff game in my life. They're all swagger, not much substance ( in the playoffs where it counts at least). They're living vicariously through their past glory.

Only slightly?

The Cowboys are overrated every year.

Ive never seen such a collection of c.ocky personalities that have yet to win a freaking playoff game in my life. They're all swagger, not much substance ( in the playoffs where it counts at least). They're living vicariously through their past glory.

I'm talking about reg. season in terms of competing for the division.

That sucks. Injuries like that seem so friggin random. You never want to see anyone go out like that. On the human interest side of things, you think of how much work these guys put in during the off-season. Only to have it end before they reach the field for a game that counts.

That sucks. Injuries like that seem so friggin random. You never want to see anyone go out like that. On the human interest side of things, you think of how much work these guys put in during the off-season. Only to have it end before they reach the field for a game that counts.

well that's just depressing when you put it that way.

Paging Michael strahan, that's a good one. What a blow to the Giants not only loosing Osi for the year thats an injury that could tag OSI as damaged goods the rest of his career. Alot of players are never the same after such an injury. Giants fans must be sensing another Mark Bavaro classification.

Archived