Should We Sign Ty Law?

Ghost

Law talking to three teams

Posted: Sunday August 24, 2008 06:50AM ET

Ty Law, who is still a free agent, remains the top option for teams looking for cornerback help. Law visited with the Jets and has spoken with both Patriots coach Bill Belichick and Browns coach Romeo Crennel. "I'm just training and getting ready to go," Law said. "I should be out there holding it down opening week. I have not decided which team I'm going to play with yet. I have to talk to my agent and family, and will make a decision soon."

I'm not saying we should, but should we consider it? I like the play of Lowery lately and I think he's going to be an awesome player, if he avoids injuries. Unfortunately, he might hit the 'Rookie Wall' sometime this season, I think signing Ty Law would be a more safer bet. He also can learn from one of the all-time greats.

Thoughts?

Ty Law is going to demand big money and want a multi-year deal.I dont think we can afford either at this point and time. If we could cut Barrett and pay Ty Law the same or less it may not be a bad deal.Hes old and older CBs usually get burned weekly and badly.......Otis "toast" Smith in case you forgot.

not that i would want Law back, But Justin Miller did get hurt an carted off to the locker room during the Giants game.

New York Jets cornerback Justin Miller injured his left foot late in the second quarter when he tackled New York Giants 6-4, 264-pound running back Brandon Jacobs. Miller, who is battling for a starting job, got the worst of the deal. He limped to the sideline and was carted off into the locker room. He didn't return. more

We may need another corner

Yes, 2 years low bonus high incentives based on play.

You hope that Miller or Lowrey can unseat him by mid-season, if they cant you have him for another year until you find someone...

With three teams courting him, I'm thinking that the asking price will be much higher guaranteed. I'd love an incentive-laden contract, but I don't see it as an option. At this point in his career, I'd only want him if it's with that type of contract. At his age, he'll get blown by with receivers in man to man if he doesn't have a safety to help over the top.

Yes, 2 years low bonus high incentives based on play.

You hope that Miller or Lowrey can unseat him by mid-season, if they cant you have him for another year until you find someone...

At this point Im not sure if he would even be much of an upgrade over Miller/Lowery.

I dont think the JETS have room on roster especially with some young guys that have stepped up, how many DB's do jets ussually keep we know Revis, rhodes, smith, elam, miller, poteat , barrett , coleman , lowery will make team and maybe ahmad carroll or Ihedigbo.

Is Millers injury still TOP SECRET or is 1-3 weeks the true injury report

Archived