New Metallica Single

McGraw38

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59928

Lars is overrated. Dave Lombardo from Slayer is the best thrash metal drummer out there, in my opinion. The first five minutes of the song were pretty lame, but the last 2:45 were pretty good. It's still not what I envisioned when they said they were going back to their roots.

Totally agree. I hear hints of original metallica, but not enough to say they've gone back.

Lombardo is hard to beat, personal favorite of mine would John Boecklin from DevilDriver, by no means the best but I enjoy his work.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59928

Lars is overrated. Dave Lombardo from Slayer is the best thrash metal drummer out there, in my opinion. The first five minutes of the song were pretty lame, but the last 2:45 were pretty good. It's still not what I envisioned when they said they were going back to their roots.

I'd rate Gene Hoglan over Lombardo.

And Lars' drums are more Pro Tools than Lars.

Metallica hasn't been relevant since 1987.

That all depends on your definition of relevent. Continuing to sell millions of albums and sell out large venues on world tours is pretty relevent IMO. I don't think that disliking a band because they decide to show some range instead of churning out the same exact sound for 20 years makes them irrelevent. Again, JMO.

That all depends on your definition of relevent. Continuing to sell millions of albums and sell out large venues on world tours is pretty relevent IMO. I don't think that disliking a band because they decide to show some range instead of churning out the same exact sound for 20 years makes them irrelevent. Again, JMO.

I agree they are relevant for all the reasons you stated. And I'm not saying change isn't good. I gotta say though, they have gotten quite "ballady" in their songs. I listened to this song and quite frankly to me it sounds more Chris Daughtry'ish than Metallica. If that's what they're going for, good for them. But they will lose some love from fans who liked them angry.

Archived