Brett Ratlif

jetsjets

Is Brett Ratlif a keeper or are the jets just gonna use him for drath picks? Erik Ainge isn't getting any playing time which makes me think coach isn't too happy with him. I know Clemens knows the offense but don't you guys think Ratif is more of a keeper? I know he plays against the 2nd and 3rd teams but he's leading all QBs in passer ratings. that has to count for somthing.

Is Brett Ratlif a keeper or are the jets just gonna use him for drath picks? Erik Ainge isn't getting any playing time which makes me think coach isn't too happy with him. I know Clemens knows the offense but don't you guys think Ratif is more of a keeper? I know he plays against the 2nd and 3rd teams but he's leading all QBs in passer ratings. that has to count for somthing.

I think he's a keeper. As of rignt now he's playing out of his mind. Superb job this preseason so far. He even shows that he can easily bounce back from a mistake throwing a pick and then getting in there again and throwing a touchdown.

he's showed arm strength, range, decision making, and recovery...but most of all, he's scoring points. What else does he need to show...I dont know. I was honestly pulling for clemens during the off season given that I just think Chad wasnt going to be our best choice, but seriously, this kid Ratliff looks like the QB thats pissed and out to prove something since the Jets picked up Brett Favre. Clemens this preseason is playing like a back up. Ratliff is playing like he wants his 15mins of fame, and if he earns his 15mins he may just take an hour. Cant hate, the kid got talent.

I heard somewhere yesterday about us maybe using him as trade bait-I think it was Buttle on Jets Nation last night-I think that's crazy-you don't trade away your future starter for draft picks....anybody think Atlanta didn't kick themselves in the ass after trading Schaub?

I heard somewhere yesterday about us maybe using him as trade bait-I think it was Buttle on Jets Nation last night-I think that's crazy-you don't trade away your future starter for draft picks....anybody think Atlanta didn't kick themselves in the ass after trading Schaub?

Didn't Atlanta at one time get rid of another young Qb? I think his name was Fabre or Favre, something like that. ;)

i agree. since the arrival of favre, i would think clemens would have shown us more during preseason. clemens has yet to throw a td and fumbled once already. at least when ratliff made a mistake, he came back and made up for it with a 2 play, :40 second march downfield for a td.

thats the way to bounce back! come on clemens.

The Jets have one too many QBs? And one too many WRs? Maybe even too many TEs (will Franks make the team?)? The Jets FO is doing something right in acquiring and developing football players.

IMO Franks has to make the team. He is translating Schotty's plays into GB's old plays. He is helping Brett along by saying, "Brett this is play XYZ here, it is the same play as ABC from GB".

IMO Franks has to make the team. He is translating Schotty's plays into GB's old plays. He is helping Brett along by saying, "Brett this is play XYZ here, it is the same play as ABC from GB".

I'm not for that-I want guys who can make plays not translate them Chadwick....football is football and Favre will be fine...if we need to get him a translator, well that's what coaches are for. Franks hasn't been catching the ball and Pociask has-give me the guy who is gonna help us win

I'm not for that-I want guys who can make plays not translate them Chadwick....football is football and Favre will be fine...if we need to get him a translator, well that's what coaches are for. Franks hasn't been catching the ball and Pociask has-give me the guy who is gonna help us win

great point about football being football, and i believe Brett will be fine. I didn't say i agreed with keeping Franks. I just think that the staff is going to keep Franks to ease the transition.

Archived