OK, admit it. Who is worried.........

SouthernJet

I am actually not worried. I think this Jets team is going to be special.

Oh hell ya,,I agree,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT,,,,,,,,,

I have been with this team more than most, and this is the wierd type of crap that bites us,,ex QB plays us in week one,,

how many david Kreig moments do we have left in our archives?

Even if we lose week 1 I still think team will get better and better and make playoffs,,I just worry about that on the road, ex QB, has or playbook, knows our defense, and farve stil learnin jet folklore biting us........

hell i am a jets fan,, that means being ahead by 17 with 2 minutes to go AND still worryin we may not win (sound familiar GreenBeans)

I have been with this team more than most, and this is the wierd type of crap that bites us,,ex QB plays us in week one,,

Even if we lose week 1 I still think team will get better and better and make playoffs,,I just worry about that on the road, ex QB, has or playbook, knows our defense, and farve stil learnin jet folklore biting us........

hell i am a jets fan,, that means being ahead by 17 with 2 minutes to go AND still worryin we may not win (sound familiar GreenBeans)

SJ, are you tryinhg to say Chad can lead a 4th quarter comeback?!?!](*,)

I'm worried that ricky and ronnie get the ball moving on the ground and we are on our heals the rest of the game with Favre trying to bring us back.

History shows, when brett is down he tends to get you down even more. Although that is usually against good teams...all intents and purposes we should win by double digits.

Here's to hoping.

I am concerned. Not as much though after watching the defense come up with 8 sacks this past weekend against the Giants.

I still think though this is a down to the wire game. The Dolphins are going to be alot better than alot of people think.

Not playoff better, but better.

You know what Max...I used to be the biggest of optimists, but the past few years have taught me to have low expectations, so it wont hurt as much if we fail.

But I'm beginning to believe in this team again, and I think I'm starting to agree with you.

Brady is hurt(granted we dont know how serious, and it could really be nothing), Manning isnt the same(nor is Harrison), LT is getting up to that magical age for RB's and who knows if Gates will be the same as before, and even the Browns, everyones pick to really move up this year, have a little problem with Anderson's concussion...although he should be good to go week 1.

Im not saying the Jets are better than any or all of them....but I'm starting to believe if Favre learns this system, and Jenkins stays healthy, that the Jets can and will beat anyone.

It's a good feeling to have back, isn't it?

I'm worried that ricky and ronnie get the ball moving on the ground and we are on our heals the rest of the game with Favre trying to bring us back.

History shows, when brett is down he tends to get you down even more. Although that is usually against good teams...all intents and purposes we should win by double digits.

Here's to hoping.

Ricky Williams is like the bad guy in a horror movie for Jets fans. He's always run all over us, and because of that we always worry he'll do it again. However, the last time Ricky Williams was the starter in Miami, they were a much better team than they are now...and Ricky was in his prime.

I do agree though, if we've got anyone to worry about it's him. I still think this defense, which again, is VASTLY different from the last time we were talking about Ricky Williams on a regular basis, will be able to contain him better than in years past.

i am sayin crap like this is part of our soul, sadly

That is the problem Jet brother. We need to take ourselves seriously if we expect anyone else to. Buying into the 2nd class status and allowing the media to shovel truckloads of gloom and doom to us is our own fault. Steelers/Boys/VaGiants all those fanbases still remain proud even when their teams were abysmal. Jets fans wory about losing as soon as the first piece of good news sets in. It's part of the culture because we let it be part of the culture.

Imagine if we ignored the negative press and let the idiots like Cimini and his ilk peter out due to poor readership, perhaps if we as a fanbase demanded that the press follow the Jets in a positive light and by our actions forced them to sell us positive/constructive news about the team, there might be a culture shift, and then the loser tag might get lifted and the perceptions regrding the team could change.

Be proud boys. This Jets FO is going to win us a SuperBowl. BELIEVE IT!

That is the problem Jet brother. We need to take ourselves seriously if we expect anyone else to. Buying into the 2nd class status and allowing the media to shovel truckloads of gloom and doom to us is our own fault. Steelers/Boys/VaGiants all those fanbases still remain proud even when their teams were abysmal. Jets fans wory about losing as soon as the first piece of good news sets in. It's part of the culture because we let it be part of the culture.

Imagine if we ignored the negative press and let the idiots like Cimini and his ilk peter out due to poor readership, perhaps if we as a fanbase demanded that the press follow the Jets in a positive light and by our actions forced them to sell us positive/constructive news about the team, there might be a culture shift, and then the loser tag might get lifted and the perceptions regrding the team could change.

Be proud boys. This Jets FO is going to win us a SuperBowl. BELIEVE IT!

uh ok..

u have to be a youngin :(

nuthin to do with loyality,,its facts,,we have been somewhat snakebit

There is 1 factor that is being overlooked... It's hot as hell down here, I hope the Jets are getting plenty of fluids. One of our biggest advantages in the early part of the year is the heat and humidity, and this year is no exception. The last several years the Jets have been here late in the year when the weather is nice (minus the X-Mas game, that was a rainy mess).

All in all, I just hope that it's a good game with no injuries. After all, it is just a game.

There is 1 factor that is being overlooked... It's hot as hell down here, I hope the Jets are getting plenty of fluids. One of our biggest advantages in the early part of the year is the heat and humidity, and this year is no exception. The last several years the Jets have been here late in the year when the weather is nice (minus the X-Mas game, that was a rainy mess).

All in all, I just hope that it's a good game with no injuries. After all, it is just a game.

Yeah, there's no way that we'll ever be used to the heat after 3 weeks of TC in the midst of summer. :confused:

I really believe that this team is going to get to the passer. Harris, Pace, Gholston, even Jenkins, are going to get their shots. I am not even mentioning the BT Local. If they can do that, the Chads of this league, with their slow feet and slower releases, do not worry me. Also, who do they have to catch the doggone ball?

You got that right. But I am confident Week One. Week Two, that is another story. Don't know why this defense is so passive in NY and so aggressive in NE. Probably had something to do with Mangini jumping all over Sutton. We shall see if they come out no holds barred. Knocking Brady down is the only way to beat those guys.

Archived