Keyshawn Johnson

JETSFAN5180

I wish he would come back and play for the NYJETS this season.This guy has so much more to prove in the NFL. On ESPN they joked him about a return and he said NO WAY he likes his life the way it is.

#19 Shoulda coulda woulda.

Keyshawn is the man. I've always liked the guy.

The panel on ESPN right now is cringe worthy. Berman is way past his expiration date, Tom Jackson is a prick, and Emmitt Smith & Chris Carter are borderline retarded.

ESPN is awful.

Keyshawn is impressed with Favre and the NYJETS he mentioned for Mangini to give him a call...........:)

I'm impressed with Favre as well. He has looked good throwing the ball.

Getting back to the Monday Night Countdown crew........They were talking about Brady and how the Pats would suck without him. Why no mention of the Colts without Manning?

I'm impressed with Favre as well. He has looked good throwing the ball.

Getting back to the Monday Night Countdown crew........They were talking about Brady and how the Pats would suck without him. Why no mention of the Colts without Manning?

Good question, actually. What about San Diego with their injuries? All three offensive "stars" were hurt at the end of the year, no?

Bottom line is...the Pats without Brady wouldn't be pretty, and the Colts without Manning even worse, considering Freeney and Sanders are also pretty banged up.

How soon we forget...

This is the guy who constantly ripped on Chrebet. Basically yapped his way out of New York and yapped his way out of Tampa.

KJ never lived up to his billing. He was good WR. Never a great one.

Nope and when he played in Dallas and Carolina he was simply a shadow of his former self. He would not offer this team much at this stage, if anything.

Except maye 'ATTITUDE AND BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Nope and when he played in Dallas and Carolina he was simply a shadow of his former self. He would not offer this team much at this stage, if anything.

Key was always the man. The amount of crap he took in the old Foxboro Stadium walking down the ramp between the endzone and my section was unbelievable.

The only thing that separated the visiting team from Pats fans was a chain link fence.

Keyshawn said it was the most intimidating place to play in the NFL.

He would offer ALOT more than you do to this forum....:)

ATTITUDE and BALLS something you know nothing about and never will.

Keyshawan Johnson has alot of game left in him.LIKE IT OR NOT.

The panel on ESPN right now is cringe worthy. Berman is way past his expiration date, Tom Jackson is a prick, and Emmitt Smith & Chris Carter are borderline retarded.

ESPN is awful.

They now have 3000 talking heads for football. Sean Salisbury and Joe Theirman were the worst. Now Berman has the title. They are almost all terrible.

I wish he would come back and play for the NYJETS this season.This guy has so much more to prove in the NFL. On ESPN they joked him about a return and he said NO WAY he likes his life the way it is.

#19 Shoulda coulda woulda.

Hahaha, dude, just shut up.

That sums it up beautifully.

Take a look at his stat sheet. Does this look like a receiver who was drafted first in the draft? Who found it necessary to write his autobiography at 23? 11 seasons, 4 of them over 1000 yards.

KeyshawnStats.jpg

This is a guy who wanted Shockey..BTW, who is hurt again
Keyshawn Johnson wasted his own talent. To this day, I will NEVER get why Fat Bill didn't kick him in his lazy ass. He coddled him. That's right. They 'understood one another'. So much potential, such a big mouth, so little time. Whatever.

The best thing that fool did for the Jets before he got bowled over by professional jealousy was tear off his helmet on his first TD. I thought it was great, even though he got lambasted for it in the press. And I tend to hate those things.

He never lived up, and totally screwed us. His game vs. Jax, SEE WHAT I MEAN?! See Key block! See Key tackle! A monster game that he should have brought to the field every week of his career. This is precisely why Randy Moss is the biggest turd the NFL will ever see.

Keyshawn, an egotist; but he didn't deliver on the world stage of NEW YORK. How dumb is that for HIM?! "I want out of New York." "The Jets are disrespecting me." Dude, get a clue. New York, world stage, big ego, duh... The Jets mishandled it, no question; but he gets 'fired' in TB. Why? Running team, a bigger cup of duh? Lazy much? He deserved it. And I will always stick by what I said.

The idea of Keyshawn coming out of retirement is hilarious. Once he got past the age of 30, he didn't even perform like a number one receiver.

He went to the Cowboys in 2002 with much noise as an "elite" receiver. There were no other healthy WRs on the team, the second best WR that year had 400 yards. Keyshawn caught 70 passes for a scant 981 yards-with no other WR getting thrown to. He was outplayed by tight end Jay Witten. Keyshawn caught 70 passes for 981 yards. Witten caught 87 passes for 980 yards-a tight end gains one yard less passing than a so-called "elite" WR! And the following years were even worse.

I was watching a game during Keyshawn's last year and they showed a shot where Keyshawn was out on a pattern obviously running as fast as he could-visibly straining to do so. The CB covering him was just loafing effortlessly-the CB only needed to run three quarter speed to keep up with Keyshawn running full speed. Even the announcers were cracking up at the shot. You've heard of tight ends with WR speed? Well, the last few years Keyshawn was a WR with tight end speed.

Coming back is out of the question.

How soon we forget...

This is the guy who constantly ripped on Chrebet. Basically yapped his way out of New York and yapped his way out of Tampa.

Thank you.

I will never forgive him for that. He is a P.O.S.

I think it's kind of ridiculous talking about the guy coming back at this point. He hasn't played since '06 and there's less than two weeks of prep before opening day. OTOH, I think it's silly to bash his production. They guy put up 70 catches and 850 yards like clockwork. If we get that out of both our starters we'd be ecstatic. Deion Branch got a pretty big contract from numbers like that. Problem is that Keyshawn has a quality resume, but a HOF ego. Better off sticking with guys with some upside like Clowney, Stuckey and Henry. They may not give as much production, but you don't want to cut the wrong one.

OTOH, I think it's silly to bash his production. They guy put up 70 catches and 850 yards like clockwork. If we get that out of both our starters we'd be ecstatic. Deion Branch got a pretty big contract from numbers like that. Problem is that Keyshawn has a quality resume, but a HOF ego.

I would not be ecstatic at all if the best receiver on our team ended up with 70 catches for 850 yards this year. Those would be nice numbers for our second best receiver, but I would expect our best to be somewhere in the 1100-1200 yard range at least.

Keyshawn had some nice years there, but he was under 30 for all of them. Over 30, he put up numbers like a second receiver, while somehow maintaining a reputation as an elite receiver almost to the end. "Good but not great" sums up his career nicely.

I would not be ecstatic at all if the best receiver on our team ended up with 70 catches for 850 yards this year. Those would be nice numbers for our second best receiver, but I would expect our best to be somewhere in the 1100-1200 yard range at least.

Keyshawn had some nice years there, but he was under 30 for all of them. Over 30, he put up numbers like a second receiver, while somehow maintaining a reputation as an elite receiver almost to the end. "Good but not great" sums up his career nicely.

I said BOTH receivers. If we get 140 catches and 1,700 yards from the top two I think we'll be satisfied. You're right. Ecstatic is a bit much. I agree he was "good but not great". However, his last three seasons were 70 for 981, 71 for 830 and 70 for 815. All after the age of 30. He wasn't dominant, he never was, but he certainly wasn't washed up when he quit.

And Dewayne Jarrett let's not forget.

I remembered the draft day when he was speaking so highly of Jarrett because he was going to be able to mentor him and let him develop an "elite" receiver that Key thought he was...

...then 2 days later he got released. A mediocre WR at best, not worthy of unrolling the red carpet and want to have him back.

ESPN is awful.

yeah because just like you he has homo erotiq fanatasies about TOM BRADY

Archived