" Jaden....Please Let Daddy in the House!! "

Smizzy

Ok...let me paint the picture for you....

I'm in my underwear and it's about 10am....I want to listen to my Ipod but I can't find it. Then I remember it's in my car...so I open the front door...take a quick glance around the street to make sure nobody is out there....and I run to my car to get it.

Not 10 seconds pass and it's in my hand and I'm like Leon Washington , bouncing up the front lawn to get inside with the swiftness!!....but like 30 feet away I can see the front door is closed :confused0006: and I'm like "WTF" so I get to it and and I go to open it and it's locked!!!

Now I know my 3 yr old is right inside watching Wow-Wow Wubzy...I can hear it! We are home alone...

So I say " jaden....where are you? Let Daddy in the house!! " No answer.... After 1 no answer my heart starts beating and I'm worried he's inside by himself. So I run to the basement door and it's locked....run around back to the back door and it's locked!!! Now remember....I'm in my underwear carrying my ipod....I go back to the front door and now I just want him to answer me so I know he's OK...and I call his name " Jaden ...are you in there buddy? " No answer... So now my heart is in my throat and I can't figure out what to do...so I yell another time " Jaden...c'mon handsome...open the door for daddy " ...No answer.... 10 minutes go bye and if you are a parent you know how long 10 minutes can be in a situation like this... All of the sudden this little meatball is standing in the front bay window dancing and laughing at me!!

I was so thrilled he was OK and there to open the door for me...but I was also not very happy. So I ask him again.... "Bear...unlock the door for dad "....He looks me dead in the face and through the bay window yells " Say Please " ....So finally...I say "Jaden...PLEASE let daddy in the house!" and he unlocked the door for me...When I got inside he was laughing ...and hard.

I asked him why didn't he answer me and he said he didn't want to have a timeout :rl:

unreal....

I'm in my underwear and it's about 10am....I want to listen to my Ipod but I can't find it. Then I remember it's in my car...so I open the front door...take a quick glance around the street to make sure nobody is out there....and I run to my car to get it.

Not 10 seconds pass and it's in my hand and I'm like Leon Washington , bouncing up the front lawn to get inside with the swiftness!!....but like 30 feet away I can see the front door is closed :confused0006: and I'm like "WTF" so I get to it and and I go to open it and it's locked!!!

Now I know my 3 yr old is right inside watching Wow-Wow Wubzy...I can hear it! We are home alone...

So I say " jaden....where are you? Let Daddy in the house!! " No answer.... After 1 no answer my heart starts beating and I'm worried he's inside by himself. So I run to the basement door and it's locked....run around back to the back door and it's locked!!! Now remember....I'm in my underwear carrying my ipod....I go back to the front door and now I just want him to answer me so I know he's OK...and I call his name " Jaden ...are you in there buddy? " No answer... So now my heart is in my throat and I can't figure out what to do...so I yell another time " Jaden...c'mon handsome...open the door for daddy " ...No answer.... 10 minutes go bye and if you are a parent you know how long 10 minutes can be in a situation like this... All of the sudden this little meatball is standing in the front bay window dancing and laughing at me!!

I was so thrilled he was OK and there to open the door for me...but I was also not very happy. So I ask him again.... "Bear...unlock the door for dad "....He looks me dead in the face and through the bay window yells " Say Please " ....So finally...I say "Jaden...PLEASE let daddy in the house!" and he unlocked the door for me...When I got inside he was laughing ...and hard.

I asked him why didn't he answer me and he said he didn't want to have a timeout :rl:

unreal....

lol cute

Did the paparazzi get any pics before you got back in the house?

I was out there 10 minutes man....the one guy who did take my photo I had to hunt down and eat for nutrition or I might have starved to death out there...

'Time out'! That's what you get for wussifying him in the first place. My Dad just threatened to rap me in the mouth.

The last time my dad hit me,I was 5 yrs old...he hit me so hard I smashed my face into the side of our couch and put 4 of my bottom teeth threw my bottom lip. That wasn't the first set of stitches he gave me.

I try not to hit my children...I'd rather try to teach/reason with them first and if that doesn't work I'll spank their butts but I always feel terrible after.

Maybe I'm wrong...but I have 2 amazing little boys who are well behaved for the most part, polite and sweet as could be to boot. They might grow up and be wusses....but I know what I went through to make me a hard ass....they don't deserve that,no child does.

'Time out'! That's what you get for wussifying him in the first place. My Dad just threatened to rap me in the mouth.

Thanks for that amazingly heartfelt and nostalgic story of child abuse. Nothing like a grown man threatening to punch a little kid in the face to make you feel the warm and fuzzies.

unreal....

whats the moral of the story?? hmm

haha sorry I think its cute but funny the second time

unreal....

Even when you want to kill them, you can't help but love them to death. That is some funny sheet Smizz.

Thanks for that amazingly heartfelt and nostalgic story of child abuse. Nothing like a grown man threatening to punch a little kid in the face to make you feel the warm and fuzzies.
Oh, please, lighten up. I was only joking around. Of course I don't advocate abusing children. And sorry about that, Smizzy. Unfortunately a good deal of us have our horror stories. If I offended you, no offense meant.

Oh, please, lighten up. I was only joking around. Of course I don't advocate abusing children. And sorry about that, Smizzy. Unfortunately a good deal of us have our horror stories. If I offended you, no offense meant.

You did not offend me. :D

You did not offend me. :D
Cool. Really all I was saying is that a good deal of parents today coddle so much, it has the opposite effect. It destroys children and doesn't foster them at all. They won't take risks. They don't know what it means to fail and learn from it. No red pen on test papers. No scoring in soccer. My sister-in-law's kids - now in their 20's - are emotional cripples. It's very sad.

I personally never believed in hitting. It only makes children angry and insulted and act out on other children. The fact that I DON'T have children, in my mind, makes me far more objective. I opted out because I was afraid I'd be emotionally absent. It was a very unselfish act in my book. Again, we all have our own horror stories.

And, just admit that you're the Naked Cowboy in real life and be done with it. Haha, I literally ran into that guy two weeks ago. "GAH! DUDE! PUT ON SOME FREAKING PANTS!" Holy Cr*p, where's the eyewash when you need it the most? :bag:

The last time my dad hit me,I was 5 yrs old...he hit me so hard I smashed my face into the side of our couch and put 4 of my bottom teeth threw my bottom lip. That wasn't the first set of stitches he gave me.

I just wanted to explain myself here,not that I have to but I didn't like the feeling posting this left me with but you guys know I've never been one to pull any punches.

I think every parent learns from their own experiences as a child and takes away something that they won't do. My dad had his own problems and he only hit me twice. After the 2nd time my mom took care of it and that was the last time.

We all have things in our past who make us who we are today...I wouldn't be the dad I am right now I didn't grow up the way i did.

I just wanted to explain myself here,not that I have to but I didn't like the feeling posting this left me with but you guys know I've never been one to pull any punches.

I think every parent learns from their own experiences as a child and takes away something that they won't do. My dad had his own problems and he only hit me twice. After the 2nd time my mom took care of it and that was the last time.

We all have things in our past who make us who we are today...I wouldn't be the dad I am right now I didn't grow up the way i did.

This is what can be great about message boards. Honesty.

My husband's father's stepmother used to chain him to the radiator. Not feed him. Stuff like that. A total fukking witch. Why my husband's Grandfather never stepped in defies all reason. He lied about his age to get into the Navy and went to the Korean War to get away from her. He had his own host of issues, but he never laid a hand on his children.

• 2 weeks later...

I read something once, I forget where. It said something along the lines of:

"Fatherhood is not something that begins and ends with each generation of man. It is a river that winds, rages, calms, and flows forever on from father to son, and generations beyond. No matter what you do as a father, whether you are actively loving and caring, brutally vicious, or completely absent you will have an effect on how that river flows for miles and miles on down."

I believe that theory 100%, and it makes me think of how hard my father had to work to change the path of our "river" from generations of iron fisted eastern European men such as my grandfather who was very brutal to him as a child. I work like hell to continue my father's hard efforts and even improve on them with my son. When I read your stories about your kids and your own upbringing, you remind me of my father.

Cool. Really all I was saying is that a good deal of parents today coddle so much, it has the opposite effect. It destroys children and doesn't foster them at all. They won't take risks. They don't know what it means to fail and learn from it. No red pen on test papers. No scoring in soccer. My sister-in-law's kids - now in their 20's - are emotional cripples. It's very sad.

Broad generalizations totally rock.

Archived