Fans of Brett, Not GB

drago

It's starting to bother me a bit. On the radio, TV or in the general news they are forever asking fans of their interest level in the Packers and of course, the Jets. Never have i ever heard the any news outlet mention the New York Jets this early in the season in Wisconsin. All these so called "die hard" Packer fans are streaming out of the closet as only Brett Favre fans. WTF?

People get cruicified on this board for being Pennington fans above Jets fans and it is probably worse out here, relating to favre clearly.

All the fans are asking for more and more Jets coverage, so now if i go out to a bar to catch a jets game, i'm going to be sitting amongst these rich scrubs (seems to be the demographic, IMO) that are just chearing on old Brett. I mean, screw the packers, Brett and his beauty queen antics far superseed any team loyalty that may exist.

Give me a break Cheese Nation, go back to Green Bay. Forget about the Jets already.

It's starting to bother me a bit. On the radio, TV or in the general news they are forever asking fans of their interest level in the Packers and of course, the Jets. Never have i ever heard the any news outlet mention the New York Jets this early in the season in Wisconsin. All these so called "die hard" Packer fans are streaming out of the closet as only Brett Favre fans. WTF?

People get cruicified on this board for being Pennington fans above Jets fans and it is probably worse out here, relating to favre clearly.

All the fans are asking for more and more Jets coverage, so now if i go out to a bar to catch a jets game, i'm going to be sitting amongst these rich scrubs (seems to be the demographic, IMO) that are just chearing on old Brett. I mean, screw the packers, Brett and his beauty queen antics far superseed any team loyalty that may exist.

Give me a break Cheese Nation, go back to Green Bay. Forget about the Jets already.

Well some good is coming from this, WISC CBS Ch.3 is going to be showing as many as 11 Jets games due to popular demand :D

No offense to Chad, but with Favre we are talking about a three time MVP, Super Bowl Champion, holder of virutally every NFL career passing record. The idolatry is quite understandable.

ehh, back in my younger days I ate slept and breathed basketball. I was a knicks fan but I was also a diehard Michael Jordan fan, I would even go to nets and philly games when the bulls played them. Sometimes a player just transcends a team. Favre was one of those players, he WAS the Pack no matter what anyone says. I can understand if I were a young fan in my early 20's when he was drafted and following him his whole career that I would want to support him as he moved on.

I started a thread about this shortly after we got Favre, people said I was crazy, but I totlally agree.

Anyone who who follows a player and leaves a team behind is a sorry excuse for a fan, especially to come root for the Jets.

They obviously have no idea what it means to be a Jets fan, New York Sports fans don't act like that.

I would never dawn the colors of another team period, no matter who of ours they got.

Face it. It is what is is.

Ask your non-football fan friends or fans of other teams to name players on the Jets and see how many get stumped at the second name.

Brett is the New York Jets this year.

The same could be said about the Pats. Beyond Brady, I highly doubt non-football fans can name more than 1 other player

Archived