Kris Jenkins in the 3-4 D

Irish Jet

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great point he does have the size for it.

The fact that he trimmed down to 360 from 396 I believe it was really tells me that this guy is motivated and ready for the challenge. I've seen a lot of other fans from other teams give the Jets abuse about this move but I really believe he will turn out to be one of the steals of the off-season.

Like you guys have said he has all the physical tools to be a dominant 3-4 lineman and has shown in the past that when healthy he can destroy O-lines.

I genuinely think he was our most important pickup. Yes that includes the HOF QB.

I sense an ecurb posting frenzy about to occur.

On an unrelated side note, Kris Jenkins is a monster.

CTfnL1cZU6c

I have an idea....

Can you guys imagine if Chad Pennington had Kris Jenkins on defense as a JET?

The JETS would have won a superbowl with Chad Pennington and Kris Jenkins..... Dont ya think?

Please elaborate on why or why not Chad would have done well with a great D led by Jenkins ....

(this shoud get a few thousand posts.... thanks Chad)

I have an idea....

Can you guys imagine if Chad Pennington had Kris Jenkins on defense as a JET?

The JETS would have won a superbowl with Chad Pennington and Kris Jenkins..... Dont ya think?

Please elaborate on why or why not Chad would have done well with a great D led by Jenkins ....

(this shoud get a few thousand posts.... thanks Chad)

Chad was a great QB, and was never given a fair chance with the Jets. He will win a SB for the Miami Dolphins.

Discuss.;-)

I like the way he has looked in TC and preseason.

He gives me a feeling I havent felt in a long time.....

No, not love, but hope. Hope that this team can produce to the levels that are expected. There is no reason to think he will disappoint us.

It's strange not seeing our line collapse with every running play. We're really able to hold our own now in the trenches, something we haven't been able to do in a long time.

I wouldn't say we're going to be dominant defensively yet, but we're going to be pretty damn good.

A-ha, here we go:

Kris Jenkins

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Kris Jenkins

New York Jets — No. 77

Nose tackle

Date of birth: August 3, 1979 (1979-08-03) (age 29)

Place of birth: Ypsilanti, Michigan

Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 349 lb (158 kg)

National Football League debut

2001 for the Carolina Panthers

Career history

College: Maryland

NFL Draft: 2001 / Round: 2 / Pick: 44

Teams:

* Carolina Panthers (2001-2007)

* New York Jets (2008-present)

Current status: Active

Career highlights and awards

* 2x All-Pro selection (2002, 2003)

* 3x Pro Bowl selection (2002, 2003, 2006)

Selected NFL statistics

(through Week 17 of the 2007 NFL season)

Tackles 215

Sacks 20.5

INTs 0

Stats at NFL.com

Kristopher Rudy-Charles Jenkins (born August 3, 1979 in Ypsilanti, Michigan) is an American football defensive tackle for the New York Jets of the National Football League. He was originally drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the second round of the 2001 NFL Draft. He played college football at Maryland.

A two-time All-Pro and three-time Pro Bowl selection, Jenkins played seven seasons for the Panthers before being traded to the Jets in 2008. He is the older brother of Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins.

I'm sensing some sort of surgery involved. My guess is Mangini cut off 30 pounds of fat off Kris' belly and put em on D'Brick's legs. Quite effective, if you ask me.

Yup, Kris needs to introduce D'Brick to whatever the Hell ballooned him up to 400lbs!!!

Professional career

Carolina Panthers

Jenkins was selected in the second round of the 2001 NFL Draft by Carolina. He started his rookie campaign slowly, but in his second season turned into a bona-fide superstar.

Jenkins finished the 2002 season with 60 tackles and 7 sacks, en route to an alternate appearance on the NFC's Pro Bowl team, where he replaced an injured Warren Sapp. The following season, he helped the Panthers on their way to Super Bowl XXXVIII. In one game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jenkins blocked two kicks: a field goal attempt by Martin Gramatica, and an extra point attempt that would have won the game. Jenkins' second block marked the first time that an extra point was blocked to send a game into overtime (Carolina later won the game). Jenkins was rewarded with his first Pro Bowl start, and joined Rucker as half of the NFC's defensive front line.

However, the 2004 NFL season saw Jenkins suffer a shoulder injury in the second game against Kansas City, and he spent the latter half of the season on injured reserve. His injury misfortunes continued during the first game of the 2005 NFL season when he tore his anterior cruciate ligament and was once again placed on injured reserve.

Professional career Cont'd

New York Jets

On February 29, 2008, the Carolina Panthers traded Jenkins to the New York Jets for third- and fifth-round draft picks in the 2008 NFL Draft.[1] The Jets signed Jenkins to a 5-year, $35 million contract extension the same day.

Archived