How Many Of You...

Vudu

YAY my first serious thread. :P

Ok I've been perusing the internet all day reading articles on Predications for the '08/'09 NFL season and they havent been good for our boys in Green. I never listen to these so called " NFL EXPERTS" because they always end up eating crow at the end of the season.

Let me ask you guys this, how many of you think we have a LEGITIMATE chance of actually WINNING the AFC EAST? Im not trying to be premature, but I really like what I see from the JETS, I think we have the capacity to be a "SLEEPER TEAM" this year.

Your thoughts?

It's possible. There is a Super Bowl hangover, the losing team from the Super Bowl usually won't make the playoffs, and usually won't even win 5 games. Why would the Patriots buck this trend?

Good point, but History doesnt always dictate bad play the next season. They may have laid an egg in Superbowl but I dont think they'll be garbage this year.

On paper there is no way to make up a 12 game difference in one year. But they don't play the games on paper.

Not sure if they can pull off an upset as big as winning the division. But the Jets are going to be good. They will be efficient on offense and have the ability to pass and run.

On defense they are going to get to the QB. That will allow them to take some chances.

I feel good about this team. Go Jets. Go Bronzey. Go Jets though.

On paper there is no way to make up a 12 game difference in one year. But they don't play the games on paper.

Not sure if they can pull off an upset as big as winning the division. But the Jets are going to be good. They will be efficient on offense and have the ability to pass and run.

On defense they are going to get to the QB. That will allow them to take some chances.

I feel good about this team. Go Jets. Go Bronzey. Go Jets though.

I keep saying that this is the deepest Jets team we've had in a generation-as you said a few days ago Max, and I quote; "This team is going to be special"

I keep saying that this is the deepest Jets team we've had in a generation-as you said a few days ago Max, and I quote; "This team is going to be special"

Man I sure hope your right, I'm tying to keep my excitement down so I don't get crushed!

The intangible in any team's chance at winning a championship (no matter what sport), is being the hot team going into the playoffs, where anything can happen. If the Jets can keep the race close and just make the playoffs, they will--especially with a proven QB like Favre--have as good a chance as anyone.

The intangible in any team's chance at winning a championship (no matter what sport), is being the hot team going into the playoffs, where anything can happen. If the Jets can keep the race close and just make the playoffs, they will--especially with a proven QB like Favre--have as good a chance as anyone.

the biggest intangible every successful year is who stays healthiest-and when injuries DO occur (as they always do) who has the depth to overcome them-this is where I am confident in this years' unit

the biggest intangible every successful year is who stays healthiest-and when injuries DO occur (as they always do) who has the depth to overcome them-this is where I am confident in this years' unit

That statement sums up why I like you as a fan.

A few months ago you were down on the Jets. Now? You are talking Super Bowl.

I don't see us overcoming New England this year.

What I will say is, unlike last year, and many years in the past, I don't think ANYONE is looking forward to playing us, and I don't think ANYONE is marking us down as a W right now.

No, neither di I.

This is a team was 16-0 last year in the regular season. They may have this Superbowl hangover, but at worst that'll make them 12-4 IMO. They're just too good on offense for us to consider ourselves better right now.

We'll have a better idea after week 2.

We'll have a better idea after week 2.

When me, Garb and thousands of Pats fans will be in the Meadowlands for week 2?

Its cracking me up that madmike is begging for a ticket to this game while I have a guaranteed spot in the stadium.

Man I sure hope your right, I'm tying to keep my excitement down so I don't get crushed!

as a long suffering die hard jets fan, I hope for the best and expect the worst. Everybody is exited about this years JETS because of all the moves and money woody has spent to get better quick, but jets running game is still not respectable. and you know what they say about this league especially up north " you need to run the ball and stop the run to win in this league"

When me, Garb and thousands of Pats fans will be in the Meadowlands for week 2?

Its cracking me up that madmike is begging for a ticket to this game while I have a guaranteed spot in the stadium.

It's just funny to see Madmike begging for a ticket anyways.

Theres no reason - now - we cant split with the Patsies regular season and slip by them in the playoffs. I still see them as the dominant conference team but with an offense that can put points on the board and a defense that can apply some major pressure we are poised to do some stuff that 3 weeks ago seemed out of the question.

It's very possible that we could run up 10 wins and even if NE chalks up 12 or 14 wins - I cant be convinced we couldnt beat them in the play-offs and advance.

I'm stating this solely from the components that are currently in place. Not that we are a cinch to do it. We could open the season with 5-6 8 penalty games and struggle with getting both sides of the ball clicking for awhile. I'm just say the ingredients already exist to be a very good football team this year. Thats only going to get better for next year.

I was watching ESPN at work before and the dudes on NFL live had us at a respectable 9-7. Which I don't think is unfair of them and I don't think it is bias of them. I think that we have an easy schedule but they did bring up a good point about the possibility of us starting slow early and the impact that could have on our season. They had us just missing the wildcard. I think a lot of people are underestimating how easy our schedule is this year. We play a lot of ****ty teams where if we win one or two that we're not supposed to we could end up winning 11 games this year. I think something like 9-7 or 10-6 is much more likely. I don't think we're good enough to win the AFCE but I think we're a playoff team. If Tom Brady is really hurt than, yeah, we win the AFCE by a mile.

Archived