Syracuse Fans...

gangreenman

The bandwagon left the building many years ago. There are no Syracuse fans outside of upstate New York.

Well, I'm in upstate NY and I'm a casual Orange fan. I have a friend with season tix, and I go to at least a game each year.

Well, I'm in upstate NY and I'm a casual Orange fan. I have a friend with season tix, and I go to at least a game each year.

Yeah, basketball has become the big thing in SYR. Im feeling a good year from SU basketball, a lot of returning talent and some good recruits coming in. Looking forward to it.... I see Vitale has us ranked 26th. Good place to be IMO.

Gerry McNamara is a national champion.

And nobody except Syracuse fans will ever remember him 5+ years from now. Nobody really cares about College Basketball except the South and Midwest (although they're both mainly about Football unless you have a team like Kansas, Duke or UNC).

And nobody except Syracuse fans will ever remember him 5+ years from now. Nobody really cares about College Basketball except the South and Midwest (although they're both mainly about Football unless you have a team like Kansas, Duke or UNC).

You've obviously never spent time in Central NY during the winter if you believe that to be true.

You've obviously never spent time in Central NY during the winter if you believe that to be true.

Because people care about Central and Upstate New York. :lol:

Like I said, Syracuse fans will remember him and other great Cuse greats. Nobody outside of Cuse fans will very soon. The only time you'll ever hear his name again outside of Syracuase is when the Big East tournament comes around and they show the highlights of that great run Cuse made a few years ago.

Does Gerry still do car commercials? I haven't seen him on one in a while.

There have been more competitive games played in the Carrier Dome by High School teams in the last few years than the Orange. They just cannot recruit. Heck, Mike Hart grew up a stone's throw from Syracuse and he went to Michigan (can't blame him though.)

• 2 weeks later...
Syracuse could have one of the worst teams in college ball this year- along way from their glory days.

How GROB still has a coaching job here is beyond me.

According to the latest rankings, Syracuse is 113 out of 119 D1A teams, and since taking over G-ROB has averaged 2.5 wins per year. Absolute embarrassment. Chancellor Cantor and AD Gross need to get their sh** together, and worry about the success of our team instead of focusing on making our mascot non-gender affiliated.

Pathetic...

Thank goodness JB is still around, the entire Syracuse campus, and the entire City of Syracuse, if not all of Central New York, would be in complete meltdown if it weren't for basketball.

Archived