****THE OFFICIAL WEEK 4 PRESEASON JETS VS EAGLES THREAD****

gangreenman

Okay, its the last week of preseason, and fans, players, and coaches throughout the NFL begin to start focusing on the upcoming season opener, which is right around the corner.

Don't expect to see too much of the starters, if at all. This week is about the 2nd-4th stringers, as players need to secure their role as teams have to cut down their rosters from 75 to 53 by the end of the week.

One player that Im particularly interested in seeing is rookie LB Vernon Gholston, and I also expect to see a lot of reps from Dwight Lowery, David Barrett, Ahmed Carroll, and Justin Miller as well, as the #2-5 cb spots are still ver much up in the air.

As for QB, my guess is KC and Ratliff will split series's in qtrs 1-3, before Ainge takes over in the 4th.

Anyway, thats all for now...Lets hope for a clean, injury free game, and, of course, a W for the JETS!!!

GO JETS!!!

::GoJets:

GAMETIME: 6:30 PM

TV: CBS

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, its the last week of preseason, and fans, players, and coaches throughout the NFL begin to start focusing on the upcoming season opener, which is right around the corner.

Don't expect to see too much of the starters, if at all. This week is about the 2nd-4th stringers, as players need to secure their role as teams have to cut down their rosters from 75 to 53 by the end of the week.

One player that Im particularly interested in seeing is rookie LB Vernon Gholston, and I also expect to see a lot of reps from Dwight Lowery, David Barrett, Ahmed Carroll, and Justin Miller as well, as the #2-5 cb spots are still ver much up in the air.

As for QB, my guess is KC and Ratliff will split series's in qtrs 1-3, before Ainge takes over in the 4th.

Anyway, thats all for now...Lets hope for a clean, injury free game, and, of course, a W for the JETS!!!

GO JETS!!!

::GoJets:

GAMETIME: 6:30 PM

TV: CBS

First off, Im saying it now. I've called WFAN New York Radio Station about 2 months ago and told them that Dwight Lowery will be Defensive ROTY this year. Im just putting it out here on the forums. Now, for your topic. I think that Erik Ainge will be cut given the excellent play of Ratliff. Dwight Lowery will have an interception tomorrow and he will win the Starting CB job after tomorrows game. Vernon Gholston will have his best game tomorrow, but it will still be under par given that I honestly believe that he's better as a Defensive end. I think he needs not to be in coverage, he needs to have a consistent rush on the QB. Kerry Rhodes will be a probowler this year as well as one of the three Eric Barton, David Harris or Calvin pace. I think we can get two of those linebackers into the bowl.

We will have a 12-4 record. We will win our division as well. We will make it to the superbowl and will win against the LOSERS...lmao.

Sorry, I just wanted to talk alittle **** and get it off my Chest.

You know what? I have a bold prediction. We will have both the defensive and offensive ROTY as well as Defensive player of the year in either Dwight Lowery or Kerry Rhodes. I know ima catch some heat about all this Lowery "love", but if anyone has Tivo'd or DVR'd the 3 preseason games and still have it then i ask you to do this. Look at every single play that Lowery had a play on. He runs the routes as good as the WR's and if the WR did make the completion they didnt have time to make a football move before they were tackled. the best example was against the Giants game. i looked at every play that was around Lowery and he ALWAYS made the play. He can read a WR like an elementary book....and he's a professional. This kid is the f-ing future and will go down (barring injury) as the best damn CB we've ever had and one of the best of all time. I bet my Jet fanaticness on that one!

First off, Im saying it now. I've called WFAN New York Radio Station about 2 months ago and told them that Dwight Lowery will be Defensive ROTY this year. Im just putting it out here on the forums. Now, for your topic. I think that Erik Ainge will be cut given the excellent play of Ratliff. Dwight Lowery will have an interception tomorrow and he will win the Starting CB job after tomorrows game. Vernon Gholston will have his best game tomorrow, but it will still be under par given that I honestly believe that he's better as a Defensive end. I think he needs not to be in coverage, he needs to have a consistent rush on the QB. Kerry Rhodes will be a probowler this year as well as one of the three Eric Barton, David Harris or Calvin pace. I think we can get two of those linebackers into the bowl.

We will have a 12-4 record. We will win our division as well. We will make it to the superbowl and will win against the LOSERS...lmao.

Sorry, I just wanted to talk alittle **** and get it off my Chest.

You know what? I have a bold prediction. We will have both the defensive and offensive ROTY as well as Defensive player of the year in either Dwight Lowery or Kerry Rhodes. I know ima catch some heat about all this Lowery "love", but if anyone has Tivo'd or DVR'd the 3 preseason games and still have it then i ask you to do this. Look at every single play that Lowery had a play on. He runs the routes as good as the WR's and if the WR did make the completion they didnt have time to make a football move before they were tackled. the best example was against the Giants game. i looked at every play that was around Lowery and he ALWAYS made the play. He can read a WR like an elementary book....and he's a professional. This kid is the f-ing future and will go down (barring injury) as the best damn CB we've ever had and one of the best of all time. I bet my Jet fanaticness on that one!

You are right about Lowery. This is not your ordinary 4th round pick rookie CB. He has exceptional instincts and poise. SFJ has been raving about him from day 1 too. I think you guys are right.

As far as Gholston, I think they should use him just like the Giants used LT. Put him at OLB in the 3-4, but he should rush the passer on virtually every pass play. Having him stand up and moving him around gives him the ability to use his speed more than a hand down DE. Pace is secure at one OLB spot and Thomas will probably start at the other this year with Gholston getting a lot of situational plays. By next year I expect Pace and Gholston to be our LT and Carl Banks.

Favre is NOT going to play any snaps. The Jets and Eagles since the days have Herm have an agreement that no team will play any starter. This will stay true. It would be moronic for the Jets to play Favre (and the entire 1st team because they would have to do that if they played Brett) and risk injury less than two weeks before the start of the regular season.

Favre is NOT going to play any snaps. The Jets and Eagles since the days have Herm have an agreement that no team will play any starter. This will stay true. It would be moronic for the Jets to play Favre (and the entire 1st team because they would have to do that if they played Brett) and risk injury less than two weeks before the start of the regular season.

I remember Chad playing one series against the birds when he came back from shoulder surgery.

Archived