Jeff Saturday out at least six weeks

SIX WEEKS FOR SATURDAY, OR LONGER

Posted by Mike Florio on August 27, 2008, 7:51 p.m.

Colts center Jeff Saturday is expected to miss the first six weeks of the season after partially tearing a knee ligament during Sunday night

He should have the surgery.

Indy is going to struggle a bit this year, more so than people are expecting anyhow. Peyton is right on target they keep saying. Yet a few days ago he was in street clothes.

Now Saturday is hurt. Man that is not an easy guy to replace.

This is a very big loss for them coupled with the injury to manning they might actually miss the playoffs this year... which opens it up for a lot of teams, especially the jets. If the Colts start of slow early which I think they will could helps the jets out a lot.

This is a very big loss for them coupled with the injury to manning they might actually miss the playoffs this year... which opens it up for a lot of teams, especially the jets. If the Colts start of slow early which I think they will could helps the jets out a lot.

Hard to imagine them not making the playoffs. But there has been so many issues this year for them. They usually rebound but these are all hitting right in the middle on offense. Saturday, Peyton and the offseason stuff for Harrison.

Hard to imagine them not making the playoffs. But there has been so many issues this year for them. They usually rebound but these are all hitting right in the middle on offense. Saturday, Peyton and the offseason stuff for Harrison.

That is their whole team right there. Without manning Saturday and Harrison the Colts are not a playoff team. Even if manning is playing he has to be at the top of his game to be playing with second stringers on the o-line. I fully expect them to lose some games early that they were expected to win. Especially if Peyton is getting knocked around and the new center is not able to pick up the protection schemes for all of his audibles.

That's a tough loss for the Colts--with him out for the first six weeks and Manning's status a little hazy, I can see the Colts losing a few early games they're expected to win, as Arsis said. A lot in the first few weeks of the season hinges on the replacement's play in protecting Manning (and if Manning is fully healed and can stay healthy behind a patchwork offense).

Archived