3rd Row

Maxman

behind the Red Sox dugout today. Right where the players come in and out. Had a blast telling the Sox to go screw. Youk was funny because he would comment back on stuff.

One thing -- Terry Francona is a class act. I really like the way he carries himself. Great game. Great comeback.

behind the Red Sox dugout today. Right where the players come in and out. Had a blast telling the Sox to go screw. Youk was funny because he would comment back on stuff.

One thing -- Terry Francona is a class act. I really like the way he carries himself. Great game. Great comeback.

Sitting behind the visiting team dugout is always a blast. What was Youk saying?

Sitting behind the visiting team dugout is always a blast. What was Youk saying?

The only player I gave a real hard time to was Pedroia. When he struck out in the 1st inning he was whining about the call. As he walked back I kind of snapped and just started screaming at him. Whah the ump called me out, whah I didn't like the call. He gave me a dirty look but didn't say anything.

My friend used to classic line on Youk -- good to see you in men's clothing again. :-P Ironically he didn't comment on that. The guy in back of me was giving Youk a hard time about his dome. It was shiny and the glare was bad. He kept yelling at him to cover up his head, we can't see the game.

Youk turned around and said, go home then.

Kotsay was looking in the stands an awful lot. I think he was just getting used to the Sox\Yankees thing.

Youk is big but he is farm boy big. I was actually more impressed with Varitek. He would look into the crowd (after the Giambi HR, when he walked off I asked him if he wanted to rethink what pitch he picked). But Varitek wouldn't say anything back. He would give anyone razzing him a dirty look as if to say -- I ain't afraid of you but I have better things to do right now.

It was a lot of fun, can't imagine having better seats. $250 face value. Unreal.

That's awesome. The only player I've had talk back to me is Vlad Guerrero. I kept yelling at him to cut his hair because I couldn't see the game. He likes to stand at the rail . He actually turned around and laughed and said " good one "..... I think I would have intersting things to say to Youk that would make him respond for sure !! :rl:

You were lucky Max. Good for you !....I would've been yelling at Arod more than anyone else though.

Damn, you're lucky. I'm still waiting for those pics though. Best seats I've ever gotten to the Stadium were the Bleachers. (Which are way better than the 19$ upper decks, by the way).

Good for you, giving the players a hard time.

Hopefully the new stadium doesn't price me out too much with buying random tickets. I doubt I'll get the 15$ bleachers though. :(

That's great, Max. I've had decent seats at Yankee Stadium once in my life. Sat in the Mezz, next to the press box, a long time ago when I worked for a Yankees affiliate radio station and had connections.

In the early 90's I had box 62 every Sunday that they were home. Those seats were very good. Then I got priced out. Ironically I kept my Jets tickets as the Yankees went on to win 4 World Series.

Lots of great memories of that stadium. Sitting in row 3 was definitely a nice farewell.

As much as I will miss that stadium, I am looking forward to the new one.

Archived