I think Stuckey was playing defense...

slats

...because Mangini likes his WR's a lot better than his DB's. I think he keeps six - and that's with Clowney on the PUP. Marcus Henry is #6. When Clowney's ready to come back, they make a decision about Henry vs. Wright.

Carroll looked absolutely lost on that one long pass. Completely unaware. But he may've made up for it with his heads up recovery on that muffed punt.

I mention him, because I think Wright and Carroll are in contention for the same roster spot.

Maybe Mangini was throwing Stuckey out there because of the injury to Miller for shiggles? He wasn't completely awful, considering. They put him in at CB. I did a double take misself. I held my breath, though. Didn't want him getting hurt after being lost last year.

i'm of the belief that stuckey was out there playing CB because the CS and FO are trying to maximize roster versatility so they can maybe keep 4 QBs. maybe if stuckey can pull a troy brown, they'd have the extra spot (stuckey would assume one spot, but add depth to two positions) to keep a 4th QB. well, that's as logically as i can figure it.

...the CS and FO are trying to maximize roster versatility so they can maybe keep 4 QBs.

No doubt they like versatility, but I have to think they'll have an easier time cutting Danny Ainge than they would Wallace Wright, Marcus Henry, or Marques Murrell. The CB's are weak, the TE's, WR's, and LB's look particularly deep.

When they interviewed Tannenbaum and he mentioned "unorthodox numbers," four QB's definitely isn't what came to my mind.

Archived