FB J Caulcrick

WR P Raymond

OT N Garner

DE R Pitoitua

LB K Cummings

LB B Rankart

DB R Burgess

What are the suprising cuts Bit

for me, Barrett was the "surprising" one altho it seems obvious. I just don't know why they would restructure a guy just to cut him. seems like extra paper work but that's a cap question i guess. Carroll is mistake prone but interesting. getting tackled by David Akers gives me pause on him however. Stuckey covers better than both of em.

Garner could make the team outright, Caulcrick, Cummings could as well - or could get scooped up before waivers clears. Bender was pretty putrid in pass protection tonight, his roster spot could be in jeopardy.

JMO Bubba Franks probably deserves to get cut based on preseason game performance, but he probably stays b/c of #4.

Clowney I guess could be considered a surprising move to the IR but Henry has been coming on strong and if Westoff were here he'd stay up all night fighting for Wallace Wright's roster spot. that would be a dumb cut ST wise. Imagine if Westoff came back and he found out they cut his ST captain from 07?

so clowney is on PUP or IR? because his injury "probably" isn't that bad

he goes on IR b/c he played in camp hence no PUP

I don't know the health status of David Clowney but I question the thinking of keeping a guy inactive for a few weeks, throw him back out there and maybe he gets hurt very badly. he's a serious deep threat and if his injury is better than I am assuming then he makes the team. Im no Neil Patrick Harris but it looked like a pretty bad injury.

Generally, I believe you are spot on; however, I think Cummings over Chatham at LB; Ihedigbo in the mix, probably PS; and a vet O-line pickup because to my unprofessional eyes these backups do not seem to be coming along, though I could see Garner making the roster.

I don't know the health status of David Clowney but I question the thinking of keeping a guy inactive for a few weeks, throw him back out there and maybe he gets hurt very badly. he's a serious deep threat and if his injury is better than I am assuming then he makes the team. Im no Neil Patrick Harris but it looked like a pretty bad injury.

Is he injury prone? he sure seems to be. I like HENRY. One area I disagree with your final 53 is keeping BUBBA FRANKS and exposing AINGE. No way that will work. Franks would not be a loss for us but AINGE possibly could be. DUMP Franks!

Nice post bit.

2008 New York Jets in my eyes:

Offense: 26

QB: 3

1. Favre

2. Clemens

3. Ratliff

RB: 3

1. Jones

2. Washington

3. Chatman

FB: 1

1. Richardson

WR: 7

1. Coles

2. Cotchery

3. Smith

4. Stuckey

5. Wright

6. Henry

7. Clowney

TE: 4

1. Baker

2. Keller

3. Franks

4. Pociask

OL: 8

1. Ferguson

2. Faneca

3. Mangold

4. Moore

5. Woody

6. Hunter

7. Bender

8. McChesney

Defense: 24

DE: 4

1. Ellis

2. Coleman

3. DeVito

4. Brown

NT: 3

1. Jenkins

2. Pouha

3. Mosley (also could play DE)

LB: 9

1. Thomas

2. Pace

3. Gholston

4. Harris

5. Barton

6. Murrell

7. Spencer

8. Bowens

CB: 6

1. Revis

2. Poteat

3. Lowery

4. Miller

5. Coleman

6. Barrett

S: 3

1. Rhodes

2. Elam

3. Smith

Special Teams: 3

K - Nugent

P - Graham

LS - Dearth

Practice Squad: 8

QB Ainge

WR Raymond

FB Caulcrick

OT Garner

LB Cummings

DL Johnson

DB Ihejedbo

DB Burgess

- Clowney will remain inactive until Week 6 when he returns from injury. At that point either Wright or Henry could be released. If the Jets choose not to keep Clowney it will be a mistake unless they come to an agreement that he will resign with them when healthy. And if they let him go it opens up a roster spot for Cummings on the 53 man roster.

The jets have injury status of players under Classified information, dont you know jets players could get fined by the team for talking about there injury lol.

so you aint alone when you dont know the health status of Clowney, Im surprised we heard J Miller is out for 1-3 weeks.

The jets have injury status of players under Classified information, dont you know jets players could get fined by the team for talking about there injury lol.

so you aint alone when you dont know the health status of Clowney, Im surprised we heard J Miller is out for 1-3 weeks.

All i can go by is what I saw - and what I saw was either a severely dislocated shoulder or a broken clavicle - neither injury is the type of thing where you can rehab it and stay in football shape at the same time. if he was TO or Randy Moss instead of Clowney then yes you wait it out but he's not those guys he's a 4th or 5th WR type.

If Clowney goes onto the PUP, which he most certainly will, he doesn't count as a roster spot until he comes off.. Now is he eligible for that since he was hurt playing football? I'm not sure.

2008 New York Jets in my eyes:

Offense: 26

QB: 3

1. Favre

2. Clemens

3. Ratliff

RB: 3

1. Jones

2. Washington

3. Chatman

FB: 1

1. Richardson

WR: 7

1. Coles

2. Cotchery

3. Smith

4. Stuckey

5. Wright

6. Henry

7. Clowney

TE: 4

1. Baker

2. Keller

3. Franks

4. Pociask

OL: 8

1. Ferguson

2. Faneca

3. Mangold

4. Moore

5. Woody

6. Hunter

7. Bender

8. McChesney

Defense: 24

DE: 4

1. Ellis

2. Coleman

3. DeVito

4. Brown

NT: 3

1. Jenkins

2. Pouha

3. Mosley (also could play DE)

LB: 9

1. Thomas

2. Pace

3. Gholston

4. Harris

5. Barton

6. Murrell

7. Spencer

8. Bowens

CB: 6

1. Revis

2. Poteat

3. Lowery

4. Miller

5. Coleman

6. Barrett

S: 3

1. Rhodes

2. Elam

3. Smith

Special Teams: 3

K - Nugent

P - Graham

LS - Dearth

Practice Squad: 8

QB Ainge

WR Raymond

FB Caulcrick

OT Garner

LB Cummings

DL Johnson

DB Ihejedbo

DB Burgess

- Clowney will remain inactive until Week 6 when he returns from injury. At that point either Wright or Henry could be released. If the Jets choose not to keep Clowney it will be a mistake unless they come to an agreement that he will resign with them when healthy. And if they let him go it opens up a roster spot for Cummings on the 53 man roster.

I also think if Ainge is cut (which he has to be to go to the PS), he may land on someone else's PS.

that rarely happens - usually players on a PS have to get taken to the 53 man or it's not worth the hassle of leaving town, finding a new place to live, learning a new play book etc.

Clowney is not elig for PUp.

that rarely happens - usually players on a PS have to get taken to the 53 man or it's not worth the hassle of leaving town, finding a new place to live, learning a new play book etc.

Clowney is not elig for PUp.

For a QB it would be though... Think about it. He's not playing this year regardless, BUT with the Jets, he's behind Clemens AND Ratliff and they're both young. Another team may be interested in him as a 3rd QB.

If I'm the Jets, I'd be concerned he'd be snagged. I'd consider keeping him for week 1 and sliding him to the PS after week 1...

For a QB it would be though... Think about it. He's not playing this year regardless, BUT with the Jets, he's behind Clemens AND Ratliff and they're both young. Another team may be interested in him as a 3rd QB.

If I'm the Jets, I'd be concerned he'd be snagged. I'd consider keeping him for week 1 and sliding him to the PS after week 1...

i wouldn't be shocked if they kept Ratliff and Ainge and cut Clemens. #11 has been that bad.

1 hour after preseason game 4

25 Offense

3 QB

QB Brett Farve

QB B Ratliff

QB K Clemens

4 RB

RB T Jones

RB L Washington

RB J Chatman

FB T Richardson

6 WR

WR L Coles

WR J Cotchery

WR B Smith

WR C Stuckey

WR W Wright

WR M Henry

4 TE

TE C Baker

TE B Franks

TE D Keller

TE J Posciak

8 OL

OT D Ferguson

OG A Faneca

OC N Mangold

OG B Moore

OT D Woody

OT W Hunter

OT J Bender

OC R Turner

25 Defense

4 DE

S Ellis

K Coleman

M DeVito

K Brown

3 NT

K Jenkins

S Pouha

C Mosely

9 LB

D Harris

B Thomas

C Pace

V Gholston

E Barton

D Bowens

M Chatham

M Murrell

C Spencer

6 CB

D Revis

D Lowery

J Miller

H Poteat

D Coleman

A Carroll

3 S

K Rhodes

E Smith

A Elam

3 Specials

P B Graham

K M Nugent

LS J Dearth

IR

WR D Clowney

LB B Kassell

LB J Trusnik

8 P-Squad

QB E Ainge

FB J Caulcrick

WR P Raymond

OT N Garner

DE R Pitoitua

LB K Cummings

LB B Rankart

DB R Burgess

That's a good list---a "no" to Chatham and Carroll. Neeither of them will make a positive play all year.

i wouldn't be shocked if they kept Ratliff and Ainge and cut Clemens. #11 has been that bad.

I doubt that happens, even though it probably SHOULD. If you think they're scared to lose Ainge and admit a 5th rounder was bad this year, they are DEATHLY SCARED to cut a 2nd rounder in yr 3.

Archived