Greatest game ever last night!

GangGreen

And, no, I'm no talking about the Jets. The high school team I play for won it's first game in 3 years yesterday! I know it's kind of embarrasing that we haven't won a game in such a long time, but it really means something to the whole school. Finally, all the hard work, blood, and sweat that we gave paid off with some great coaching. The final score was 18-0 barring 7 touchdowns brought back by dimwitted holding and other sorts of penalties. I only had 2 tackles (1.5 sacks), and I'm fine with that. Hopefully, we can put some more wins on the board and turn this program around. With some more hard work and dedication, I believe that we will do so. If you want to see a very small story they wrote about it, just go to PalmBeachpost.com. Forest Hill Falcons all the way this year, baby!!!!!!!!!!

We will, I watched our next opponent's game yesterday, and they honestly look worse that we did last year when we were 0-13. I think that we have a real legite chance of beating them, and that we will be recognized for it when we do. All we have to do is work on our penalties and learn to control the line of scrimmage. I was supposed to play on both sides of the ball, but I only got to play on defense. Bad call in my opinion. The kid that started over me on the O-Line can't even squat with no weights on, he can't even bench 100 pounds, and he can barely get down in his stance. Once he does, it takes him like 2 seconds to get up, and he doesn't even try to block. The coaches just put him in because of his size, and size doesn't matter (in football, that is). If we just work on those two things, though, we could honestly be one of the best teams in Palm Beach County. But, since the O-Line commited alot of penalties and weren't blocking, and I'm a lineman, when we watched the film, the coach told us that he was going to run the lineman until we all puke. Knowing these coaches, they probally will. If they just actually put people in based on their skill and not their size, the game would've had a much better outcome.

Okay, our next game versus a school called "Suncoast" is on Friday. We'll be having a pep-rally at school for opening kickoff (not sure if I mentioned last week was a preseason classic). We watched film on them, and I'm pretty confident that we can beat them. Their special teams are horrid, and they spend at least 5 seconds in the backfield almost every play (which means alot of sacks for me). I also played a little offense this past week and my coach completely changed up our blocking schemes. I don't think I want to play offense anymore, too confusing. I just want to play the simple defense: on strong left, go in a 3 technique, on strong right, go in a 1 technique, and every play kill the guy with the ball. I'll update you guys after the game.

Okay, our next game versus a school called "Suncoast" is on Friday. We'll be having a pep-rally at school for opening kickoff (not sure if I mentioned last week was a preseason classic). We watched film on them, and I'm pretty confident that we can beat them. Their special teams are horrid, and they spend at least 5 seconds in the backfield almost every play (which means alot of sacks for me). I also played a little offense this past week and my coach completely changed up our blocking schemes. I don't think I want to play offense anymore, too confusing. I just want to play the simple defense: on strong left, go in a 3 technique, on strong right, go in a 1 technique, and every play kill the guy with the ball. I'll update you guys after the game.

please do & best of luck. based on what i've read sounds like you have a future either in nose tackle or a moderator at jetnation ;)

Congrats GangGreen.

Enjoy every minute of it. Once you're done, you're done, and you'll be 33, a disgruntled cop living in Michigan, and wishing you could play just one more time.

Actually, being a cop and in the National Guard are the other options, so that actually could be a possibility. But, anyways, we had a huge pep rally at school today, and we found out after it that the field was flooded and they had cancelled the game. 30 minutes later, all the rain drained, but it's still cancelled. We were going to re-schedule it for tomorrow, but the administration says that we don't have enough Security Guards (which we don't need, and we have more than enough anyways). Also, we have a bye week next week, so maybe this game can be re-scheduled for sometime next week. I was kind of bummed since it was the regular season kickoff, and now I have to wait 2 weeks till our next game. We're playing one of the best teams in the county, Park Vista, so it won't be easy. Hopefully, we can do it though. At least I'll get to watch the Jets rape the Dolphins on Sunday, though.

The game was on Monday and we lost 19-0 to Suncoast due to 4 fumbles in the red zone and 7 turnovers overall (6 fumbles, 1 int). I only played two plays, but made the most of it. Hopefully, when we watch the film, they can point out who's doing their job and who's not, and I might actually become the starter again. There's no game this Friday, and next week we will beat Park Vista!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I haven't posted here for a while due to my schedule for football being 6 days a week. We played Park Vista and lost badly, 42-0. Again, we fumbled it alot and they embarrased us on our own field. After that loss we constantly watched film for our next opponent, William T. Dwyer, one of the best schools in the state, possibly the best. Although we lost badly again, 33-0, we really came together the 2nd half of the game and shut them out. We had 3, or 4 drives in the 2nd half where we would've scored had it not been for turnovers. If we play all our next games like that second half, I believe we can easily win the rest of our games.

Okay, I haven't posted here for a while due to my schedule for football being 6 days a week. We played Park Vista and lost badly, 42-0. Again, we fumbled it alot and they embarrased us on our own field. After that loss we constantly watched film for our next opponent, William T. Dwyer, one of the best schools in the state, possibly the best. Although we lost badly again, 33-0, we really came together the 2nd half of the game and shut them out. We had 3, or 4 drives in the 2nd half where we would've scored had it not been for turnovers. If we play all our next games like that second half, I believe we can easily win the rest of our games.

When you haven't won a game in 3 1/2 years NOTHING is easy. :P

I think shutting out a top-ranked team in the state for 2 1/2 quarters with a runningback who is the #1 rated high school player prospect in the nation proves something.

Where you getting this info from? I just checked scout.com and there's no running back from William T. Dwyer on the Top 25, and that's on the running back list.

And, by the way, I'm just being a dick here, but their backup QB threw 5 TD passes in one half on you. And you shut out their second team...

That sucks you didn't get anything at the goal line, to spend a drive that took up a whole quarter to get nothing out of it is tough...

The #1 running back might be Alk's neighbor, he's from Wichita...

Where you getting this info from? I just checked scout.com and there's no running back from William T. Dwyer on the Top 25, and that's on the running back list.

And, by the way, I'm just being a dick here, but their backup QB threw 5 TD passes in one half on you. And you shut out their second team...

That sucks you didn't get anything at the goal line, to spend a drive that took up a whole quarter to get nothing out of it is tough...

The #1 running back might be Alk's neighbor, he's from Wichita...

Especially when we got to the 2 frickin' yard line!

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I completely forgot about this thread and haven't been updating it. We lost against Cardinal Newman and Boca after my last post in this thread. We didn't score any points and were so far shutout the entire season by scoring no points. On Friday, we played Suncoast. I'm pretty sure there was a Boise State scout in attendence looking for players, so I played my heart out. I finally started a game and made the best of it. I showed the coach that I was the right choice when I got 4 pancakes in the first drive (I stopped counting after those 4) and I opened up a huge hole that led to a 73 yard TD run. We scored our first points of the season with 20 points, but lost 34-20 due to an interception in the endzone on a 1st down and 2 or 3 kickoffs returned for TDs. I think we've finally gotten into our groove and will win our first game in 3 years! Right now, I'm probally playing the best football of my life and I'm showing it on the field. We watched film and my coach told me that in a year, I could probally be all-county or all-state and go to a D-1 school if I keep it up. And by the way things are going, I really wouldn't doubt it. Also, the day after the game we had an easy practice and the coaches recorded our 40-yard dash times. I got a very slow 5.5, but I jogged the last 10 yards. It's not great time, but I don't care as long as I keep filling my stomach up with all my pancakes!

I found out that there was a Boise State scout at the last game.....Hopefully, he noticed all my pancakes.....Also, I have a game tomorrow, we're playing West Boca away...If anyone here lives in the area and wants to see a great game (SFJ or BBJ maybe) I'm #63. I know most people don't care, but I care.

Archived