joewilly are u ok

afosomf

He lives in the Cayman Islands, which is being hammered right now by that hurricane.

I can't believe these candy a$$es are scared over some pansy Category 5 hurricane with 155+ mile per hour winds. Come on, surfs up, motherf**ker. :) Seriously, stay safe, JW.

I'll tell ya what BG-these things are friggin scary

Did you not see the smiley face? After three months on JN, do you not feel my sarcasm in the post? Do you really believe that I think 155+ mile per hour winds are minor occurrences? Come on, SFJ. Get with the program.

Glad you are ok. What did the winds top out at in your area?

nothing yet but early predictions had it turning our way -- not out of the woods yet but looks alot better -- wind charts show littel to no effect to Houston right now - now as long as Hanna does not disrupt next weeks tailgate I will be happy

A statement from His Excellency the Governor, Mr. Stuart Jack:

"It is essentially business as usual in the Cayman Islands. We are still assessing damage, but initial reports indicate that Gustav caused little damage to our country. There are no reports of any serious injuries or fatalities.

The All Clear has been issued for Grand Cayman, and the Owen Roberts International Airport has reopened as of 1:00 p.m. EDT today. Major businesses also will resume operations shortly.

Since the devastation of Hurricane Ivan in 2004, the Cayman Islands has continued to systematically improve its capacity to withstand hurricanes, as well as other hazards that have the potential to affect us.

Gustav is now a strong category four hurricane, as it moves away from the Cayman Islands. The people of Cuba, the Florida Keys, and the entire Gulf Coast are in our thoughts and prayers as we monitor this powerful storm."

Hopefully jw didnt have more trouble than power outage and everything is fine.

A statement from His Excellency the Governor, Mr. Stuart Jack:

"It is essentially business as usual in the Cayman Islands. We are still assessing damage, but initial reports indicate that Gustav caused little damage to our country. There are no reports of any serious injuries or fatalities.

The All Clear has been issued for Grand Cayman, and the Owen Roberts International Airport has reopened as of 1:00 p.m. EDT today. Major businesses also will resume operations shortly.

Since the devastation of Hurricane Ivan in 2004, the Cayman Islands has continued to systematically improve its capacity to withstand hurricanes, as well as other hazards that have the potential to affect us.

Gustav is now a strong category four hurricane, as it moves away from the Cayman Islands. The people of Cuba, the Florida Keys, and the entire Gulf Coast are in our thoughts and prayers as we monitor this powerful storm."

Hopefully jw didnt have more trouble than power outage and everything is fine.

that is good news, i thought i saw a report where caymans took a direct hit

thanks for the concern & wellwishing all. we're fine. it came thru pretty strong bringing wind & flooding. 2 ft of water in our driveway/street but not in the house. we didn't catch it as flush though. little cayman is screwed bigtime with both major ports washed away , airport is trashed so it's very difficult to get help & supplies there.

overall everyone was well prepared & I don't think we got more than 75mph winds here in grand cayman which this island handles easily. power was restored quickly to all but a few spots.

I feel bad for the gulf coast though

thanks guys, It's a major pain when the track is this close but most here are well prepared with well built homes & shutters etc. So glad we don't have to think about going to shelters even with a major one coming right at us.

can you imagine being 1 of the millions bussed out of NO and having to go to a shelter?

that must really suck. we hated having to relocate our cars to higher ground.

Looks like Hannah is coming to say hello

Today I will be pulling out the generator, and getting the essentials

I thik Hannah is going to get pretty bad

084912W_sm.gif

That thing must be picking up speed. whew, my flight leaves 7am Friday for FT Lauderdale. looks like I'm in the clear and so is the game.

Good luck Jon.

Archived