Favre: Thompson wanted me "to get my ass out the door"

They had a QB of the future in place and they needed to get on with it. It's better to get rid of someone a year early than a year late.

For us, we had nothing. KC and Chad are both awful. If Ratliff develops, we'll ditch Favre within 2 years as well at the latest.

STOP Favre never wanted to retire G.B wanted him to retire.

He came out and said he was done.

Green Bay cannot 'force' a player to do that.

Gainzo is right, it was Favre who made a mess of the situation by changing his mind despite being approached by the Packers twice.

When he couldn't commit at that point, they simply had to move on.

They had a QB of the future in place and they needed to get on with it. It's better to get rid of someone a year early than a year late.

For us, we had nothing. KC and Chad are both awful. If Ratliff develops, we'll ditch Favre within 2 years as well at the latest.

I agree with that100%, but Favre is a special case and should have been welcomed back. Hopefully he plays with a huge chip on his shoulder this year for us.

STOP Favre never wanted to retire G.B wanted him to retire.

I guess you missed his tearful press conference when he said that he had lost his love for the game and hated meetings and studying.

The Packers did what they had to do.

I hope for your sake that Favre gives a crap this season. His mind is all about Green Bay, not the Jets.

He came out and said he was done.

Green Bay cannot 'force' a player to do that.

Gainzo is right, it was Favre who made a mess of the situation by changing his mind despite being approached by the Packers twice.

When he couldn't commit at that point, they simply had to move on.

I thought you were BANNED............:rl:

I sided with Favre from the get go. Well except for the part that the damn story just wouldn't go away for what seemed like forever. Brett wanted to play but the Pack wanted him to retire so they could move on and not have to suffer in their fans eyes. Brett blew it all up in their face.

If Favre gave me that locker, I'd feel like a kid again.

You have the I.Q. of a milkshake with half of the culture. ;) Ohh, and ******* your video games keeps ****ing freezing on me in the middle of a game. I get one day off a week I don't want to spend it playing the same game in my franchise over and over again.

You have the I.Q. of a milkshake with half of the culture. ;) Ohh, and ******* your video games keeps ****ing freezing on me in the middle of a game. I get one day off a week I don't want to spend it playing the same game in my franchise over and over again.

Then go buy ESPN 2K9. Oh wait... BOOM! EA stole that from you.

*orders 55 drumsticks, one for every dollar you paid for my game*

His mind is all about Green Bay, not the Jets.

I don't think that's a better than half true statement G-zo. And whatever part of it might be true will get cured pretty quickly if the Jets are a play-off team with him throwing this year.

Archived