Brady Rumor - Missing 2 to 4 weeks

Maxman

Anyone see this? I was reading thejetsblog.com and they linked to this article.

http://www.nfljuice.com/2008/08/29/breaking-tom-brady-to-miss-2-4-games/

My official prediction was that Brady would miss 6 games this year due to injury. Not wishing it on him, just pure speculation. At any rate, this is probably not true but I thought it was worthy of passing on.

Weird, considering they cut Gutierrez (sp)... if they knew this, its hard to believe they'd cut him.

Well there best looking QB in camp was O'connell. What sucks is I think O'connell will be a great QB in the future, and of course the Pats get him.

Heres my prediction. Brady misses 3 games, and O'connell wins those 3 games. its just bound to happen.

I hope he's ok. I'm excited to play them week two and it wouldn't be the same satisfaction [if we were to win] without him at qb.

That is true, but i'll be fine winning the division with or without Brady playing the first few games.

Basically teams beating them without Brady will prove the Pats arent a great team, and that there QB is the only brightspot.

Weird, considering they cut Gutierrez (sp)... if they knew this, its hard to believe they'd cut him.

Agreed. I don't put much value in this myself. The writer did say the last time this source gave him info it was balls on. :-P

Balls on or not, I don't think it is true.

I doubt it. I want to believe, but if he was injured, there is no way in hell Matt Cassell would be lined up to start in any situation because that could be the difference maker and the only shot for the Jets to win the division. Its all pipe dreams though.

I do <3 Kevin O Connell though, but what the ***** do I know, I remember <3ing Omar Jacobs (idiot shouldve stayed his senior yr).

I doubt it. I want to believe, but if he was injured, there is no way in hell Matt Cassell would be lined up to start in any situation because that could be the difference maker and the only shot for the Jets to win the division. Its all pipe dreams though.

I do <3 Kevin O Connell though, but what the ***** do I know, I remember <3ing Omar Jacobs (idiot shouldve stayed his senior yr).

Only shot? We're winning the division whether or not Brady is playing. Last year was a complete fluke, and they choked at the end anyway. If anything, they'll be competing with the Bills for third place.

If Brady is at 100%, how do you expect him to lose?

Three reasons.

1. Brady can't play defense. The Pats defense will be quite mediocre this year and the Jets will be outstanding.

2. After blowing it in the SB, the Pats are no longer the NFL's "us against the world story". That means no more free passes on o-line holding penalties that gave Brady all day to throw last year.

3. The gap between the Pats and Jets QBs has closed about as much it could have short of the Jets getting Peyton Manning.

WTF is "NFLJuice.com"? I think a webmaster is looking for some extra hits on his site. Tom Brady is fine. This **** lately with him and Peyton Manning have been ridiculous. Until they miss a regular season game, they'll be ready to go. They're both practicing and have been for over a week. Aside from Favre they're the most reliable Quarterbacks in the NFL.

WTF is "NFLJuice.com"? I think a webmaster is looking for some extra hits on his site. Tom Brady is fine. This **** lately with him and Peyton Manning have been ridiculous. Until they miss a regular season game, they'll be ready to go. They're both practicing and have been for over a week. Aside from Favre they're the most reliable Quarterbacks in the NFL.

That definitely was the biggest hole in the story. Um, Brady has practiced. Rusty he might be, but I don't think he would be practicing if he was going to be out for 4 weeks.

Three reasons.

1. Brady can't play defense. The Pats defense will be quite mediocre this year and the Jets will be outstanding.

2. After blowing it in the SB, the Pats are no longer the NFL's "us against the world story". That means no more free passes on o-line holding penalties that gave Brady all day to throw last year.

3. The gap between the Pats and Jets QBs has closed about as much it could have short of the Jets getting Peyton Manning.

I know what you're saying, but remember: this is a guy who came just short of his 4th ring and a perfect season. He's a future HOF with insane skills, and oh yeah, he still gets to throw to Randy Moss. In other words, if Brady is playing at 100%, the guy is unstoppable.

Let's just hope the Jets can pick up on what the G-men did to him in Glendale.

Three reasons.

In summary:

1 - After pre season, its quite clear that the Jets have an outstanding defense. Tops in the AFCE since Buffalo and Miami arent through rebuilding. And, the Patriots lost every preseason match even though Belichick didnt gameplan for meaningless games.

2 - The media, 31 other NFL teams and their fans admire NE and will welcome them with open arms. The press isnt ready and waiting to bash the Patriots. Not in the least. NE has nothing to prove after last season.

3 - Farve and Manning are just about equal. Even though Farve is on the down slope of his career and Manning in his prime.

In summary:

1 - After pre season, its quite clear that the Jets have an outstanding defense. Tops in the AFCE since Buffalo and Miami arent through rebuilding. And, the Patriots lost every preseason match even though Belichick didnt gameplan for meaningless games.

the bills should have a much improved defense. on paper the jets have a good defense that should be comparable to the pats, but whereas the pats def has proven itself the jets and their whole chemistry thing has yet to.

2 - The media, 31 other NFL teams and their fans admire NE and will welcome them with open arms. The press isnt ready and waiting to bash the Patriots. Not in the least. NE has nothing to prove after last season.

nobody likes the pats outside of their fanbase. if only they wore skulls and crossbones they'd probably be the most hated franchise in the nfl. on the other hand belichick and brady get a ton of respect and rarely get bashed (outside of jets fans). and i'd agree the pats have nothing to prove after last season. fate was not on their side and probably won't be for the next 100 years.

3 - Farve and Manning are just about equal. Even though Farve is on the down slope of his career and Manning in his prime.

it's ironic how everyone was saying pennington was on the down slope of his career before he got traded to the phins and he's younger than manning and about the same age as brady.

In summary:

Like I coached someone else, pre-season can indicate individual improvements - you never put any meaning on game results. Jenkins will be an outstanding NT. Pace will be a solid OLB. Revis and Harris will elevate to Pro Bowl levels and Lowery looks like a find. Can't wait for week two to validate.

In case you didn't notice the mighty Patriots were sliding tpwards the end of the season, almost losing to some crappy teams. Then they lost the SB to a 10-6 wild card team. Then they lose Samuel, Gay. Their LBers are a year older and they are scrapping the bottom of the barrell with pickups like Hobson, Clement, Lynch, etc.

The league is sick of them and their day is done.

If on a scale of 1 to 10, let's assume Brady is 10 and Pennington is 5. Coming off the year favre had last year and the motivation he will be playing with, I think it's safe to say he is 8 or 9. A heck of a lot closer than Chad.

That definitely was the biggest hole in the story. Um, Brady has practiced. Rusty he might be, but I don't think he would be practicing if he was going to be out for 4 weeks.

The Pats are practicing this afternoon and Brady is on the field. This rumour is ridiculous.

I think we're a lot closer to the Pats than a lot of people think. Favre even on the downward slope of his career is a great QB. The Jets have a very good OL in place, and 2 very good WRs, with Keller showing some good things as well. Our RBs aren't really great, but you have to admit Leon can run a good screen and is perfectly suited for at least being a secondary RB. TJ is not good.

Revis blanketed Randy the last time, and now with Jenkins and Pace, and honestly Lowery, the defense should be even tougher.

This is not going to be the huge mismatch it has been for years. The game will be a tossup, it will come down to who executes a few plays and who doesn't. With Favre there, we finally have the quick strike and offensive capability we have not had for years. The Patriots probably have the edge in offense, but I think we have an edge in defense so it balances it out. This is going to be a great game, and probably will become the national game.

I think we're a lot closer to the Pats than a lot of people think. Favre even on the downward slope of his career is a great QB. The Jets have a very good OL in place, and 2 very good WRs, with Keller showing some good things as well. Our RBs aren't really great, but you have to admit Leon can run a good screen and is perfectly suited for at least being a secondary RB. TJ is not good.

Revis blanketed Randy the last time, and now with Jenkins and Pace, and honestly Lowery, the defense should be even tougher.

This is not going to be the huge mismatch it has been for years. The game will be a tossup, it will come down to who executes a few plays and who doesn't. With Favre there, we finally have the quick strike and offensive capability we have not had for years. The Patriots probably have the edge in offense, but I think we have an edge in defense so it balances it out. This is going to be a great game, and probably will become the national game.

How great would it be to beat the Pats twice this year? I can't even describe it.

I has to be the national game as it's a 4:15 start and CBS has the double header in week 2.

Here are the other 4:15 match ups on CBS that day:

Miami @ Arizona

San Diego @ Denver

Baltimore @ Houston

Jets/Pats will be shown in the majority of the Country.

Archived