Rutgers = Uncompetitive

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They've beaten 3 top 20 teams in the last 3 yrs.

#3 L'ville @ home

#2 So. Fla @ home

#17 Pitt away.

I think, or at least would hope, that you would agree that the 06 Louisville team and '08 Pitt teams were and are extremely over-rated. The best win was the SoFla win. They lost a share of Top 25 games as well.

Again, their program got better, still is better than what it was, but they are not going to be an 8-10 win program every year. They are what they are, a 4-6 win program that will have the occasional 9, 10 win year, especially when they get a great NCAA RB in Ray Rice. They are up from their "back in the day" 1-3 win a season program.

I think, or at least would hope, that you would agree that the 06 Louisville team and '08 Pitt teams were and are extremely over-rated. The best win was the SoFla win. They lost a share of Top 25 games as well.

Again, their program got better, still is better than what it was, but they are not going to be an 8-10 win program every year. They are what they are, a 4-6 win program that will have the occasional 9, 10 win year, especially when they get a great NCAA RB in Ray Rice. They are up from their "back in the day" 1-3 win a season program.

Complete rubbish. At least you're consistent. We have three(3) legit haters on this thread. But are they? Where were PSU and 'Bama a couple yrs ago? Even the one who'll stick around the longest, UNC, caught a semi-recent L from us. How do you define "top program?" These teams are certainly eligible to take that step up, but they haven't yet. Will they even have that chance next year? This thread was about being competitive. I gotta say the critics here are very lame.

Complete rubbish. At least you're consistent. We have three(3) legit haters on this thread. But are they? Where were PSU and 'Bama a couple yrs ago? Even the one who'll stick around the longest, UNC, caught a semi-recent L from us. How do you define "top program?" These teams are certainly eligible to take that step up, but they haven't yet. Will they even have that chance next year? This thread was about being competitive. I gotta say the critics here are very lame.

I am not a hater..

I think they have a shot at being in the 7 to 9 win range yearly..which is basically all you can ask for,,unless you schedule unreal cupcakes with your 4 OOC games every year..

Just because I went to Rider doesnt mean I hate Rutgers ;)

Not a hater either, just a few jabs at madmike

Bama finally got a real coach!!! reason for turnaround

Franchione scewed the Tide years ago and Tide turned to Shula who

simply sucked at coaching and recruiting

Saban is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now from 2000-2004 OSU had a bad spell, but you can look at that as the ONLY prolonged dry spell for the program under Paterno. And that spans over 40 years.

Please don't compare Rutgers all-time results to PSU.

That would top all the sillyness contained within this zany thread. The point is, road bumps happen to everyone. Even with a program on the rise. Rutgers is not a top program, and may never be. They're still far better than where they've started and plenty competitive. You can all enjoy the little slump, but they'll be back, and may already be.

:character0293:

That would top all the sillyness contained within this zany thread. The point is, road bumps happen to everyone. Even with a program on the rise. Rutgers is not a top program, and may never be. They're still far better than where they've started and plenty competitive. You can all enjoy the little slump, but they'll be back, and may already be.

:character0293:

Agreed.

At least Rutgers isn't going to get shoehorned into the NCG

You actually got one thing right.

Yeah, I will be so dissapointed if PSU gets to play in the NCG. ;)

And at least I am smart enough to realize that how OSU or any other team performed in the past will have ZERO effect on how PSU may play, if they go.

PSU may win. They may lose. They may get blown out. But how other teams have fared in the past bares no consequence.

You consistently were asked to prove that point in this thread and were unable.

Joe Paterno has been the biggest advocate of a playoff system since the 70's.

If you want to talk about injustices, look at some of the undefeated PSU teams in history that did not get a chance to even play for a championship.

yup..

like some of the great bball teams of past when you had to win your league or tourney to get into NCAAs

And at least I am smart enough to realize that how OSU or any other team performed in the past will have ZERO effect on how PSU may play, if they go.

PSU may win. They may lose. They may get blown out. But how other teams have fared in the past bares no consequence.

root for texas tech

a bama/PSU rematch would be awesome

a barry krausse stop at the Goalline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course you won't be upset. You're a PSU fan. THe rest of the college football fans are the ones who are gonna get screwed by having another boring NCG.

Of course you won't be upset. You're a PSU fan. THe rest of the college football fans are the ones who are gonna get screwed by having another boring NCG.

Ok Mike, If PSU goes undefeated, and there is only one other undefeated Majoir conference team, who other than those 2 teams deserves to go and under what rationale?

let's hear what BRILLIANT idea you have.

And please explain WHY the NCG would be boriung just because of teh presence of PSU?

You seem to make a lot of statments, but none that can be backed up by sound reason

Oh Mike, one other thing, the rest of the country DOES NOT agree with you based on ratings.

Some of the all time highest reated television college football games involve PSU. They can't be that boring. The game Saturday night drew a 6.4 rating.

America, like most people on this site, don't agree with you

Oh Mike, one other thing, the rest of the country DOES NOT agree with you based on ratings.

Some of the all time highest reated television college football games involve PSU. They can't be that boring. The game Saturday night drew a 6.4 rating.

America, like most people on this site, don't agree with you

Apparently the BCS agrees with me. Tech blew right by PSU in the rankings as they should've.

An undefeated big 10 team not playing for the title would be awesome.

Apparently the BCS agrees with me. Tech blew right by PSU in the rankings as they should've.

And I won't sit here and whine and cry like you.

BTW-You NEVER said ANYTHING about what the BCS would do. That is a fabrication. You mentioned how you would throw a hissy fit. Which, really is nothing new.

If Tech can stay there, so be it.

(PSU FAN HERE)

Has rutgers won 3 games yet?

PSU, not only this year, but all time, makes Rutgers look like a ****in' group 1 high school team... a "Rutgers" fan shouldn't even say the acronym PSU without bowing prior to doing so.

So please, do us all a favor and shut the **** up.

Rutgers is terrible and is riding high on 2 decent seasons in 110 years of football.

(PSU FAN HERE)

Has rutgers won 3 games yet?

PSU, not only this year, but all time, makes Rutgers look like a ****in' group 1 high school team... a "Rutgers" fan shouldn't even say the acronym PSU without bowing prior to doing so.

So please, do us all a favor and shut the **** up.

Rutgers is terrible and is riding high on 2 decent seasons in 110 years of football.

OH shut up. This has nothing to do with Rutgers. This is about me as a college football fan not wanting to see another overrated big 10 team get destroyed in the NCG.

BTW if you want to talk about Rutgers I'll be happy to point out that we have played a top 10 schedule in the country this season and PSU has played NO ONE.

OH shut up. This has nothing to do with Rutgers. This is about me as a college football fan not wanting to see another overrated big 10 team get destroyed in the NCG.

BTW if you want to talk about Rutgers I'll be happy to point out that we have played a top 10 schedule in the country this season and PSU has played NO ONE.

Wait, wait. This should be a gem.

Rutgers playing a top TEN schedule in the country? What team have they even played that is currently in the top 20? Mike, you are pure comedy gold.

Thanks again.

What are the GBE Ratings?

The site's abnswer-The GBE are a fan's view of how college football teams should be rated.

Great. Straight from teh horses mouth :).

So Mike, who are all these top 20 schools Rutgers has played?

Except what I linked WAS NOT the rankings. It was the SOS which is the same formula that the BCS uses. Nice spin.

Archived