This hatred towards Clemens is becoming absurd

TNJet

Why cant we just be fans of all qb's on this team and support them through the good times and bad?They all wear the green and white so pull for them all to succeed for christs sake. I personally think all the qb's we have here can win us some games and none are terrible/suck as everyone seems to keep on saying about Kellen. Yeah he was the least productive in the preseason big deal,someone has to finish last...that doesnt mean he wouldnt look better in a REAL game than the new greatest jet qb since Namath Brett Ratliff,please! The guy might look like complete garbage when it matters on Sundays. We dont have to bash Kellen,he's been through enough with the battle between he and Chad early on,then having that hope of playin this year shot down in an instant with the learning of Favre to ny,the boy probably wonders if he'll ever get to see the field again for this team which he probably loves and wants to play for,yet most people on here just dawg him and talk about his flaws and simply ignore any upside he has,and yes he has upside.Emotions like that can stay in a young qb's head effecting the way he performs under pressure. Just lay off the kid he is probably going through alot with Favre in town. Go Jets! I love you all!

So you made a thread whining that people should like all the QBs on this team where you bash Ratliff and whine that people like Ratliff? Do you not see the irony in that?

Maybe Ratliff won't look great in real games, but there is no maybe with Clemens, he's proven he is terrible. Why are you giving Clemens a free pass but immediately assuming Ratliff is going to suck, and then not giving Ratliff that same leeway you're giving Clemens on top of that?

You're just whining because you are a Clemens fan. It's like now that Chad is gone, everyone has to hang on Clemen's jock. You people couldn't even hang on Favre's jock, you had to pick Clemens. Is there some rule that the fanbase has to like a ****ty QB each time?

Why cant we just be fans of all qb's on this team and support them through the good times and bad?They all wear the green and white so pull for them all to succeed for christs sake. I personally think all the qb's we have here can win us some games and none are terrible/suck as everyone seems to keep on saying about Kellen. Yeah he was the least productive in the preseason big deal,someone has to finish last...that doesnt mean he wouldnt look better in a REAL game than the new greatest jet qb since Namath Brett Ratliff,please! The guy might look like complete garbage when it matters on Sundays. We dont have to bash Kellen,he's been through enough with the battle between he and Chad early on,then having that hope of playin this year shot down in an instant with the learning of Favre to ny,the boy probably wonders if he'll ever get to see the field again for this team which he probably loves and wants to play for,yet most people on here just dawg him and talk about his flaws and simply ignore any upside he has,and yes he has upside.Emotions like that can stay in a young qb's head effecting the way he performs under pressure. Just lay off the kid he is probably going through alot with Favre in town. Go Jets! I love you all!

So damn emotional. I hear you though homie. :penguin:

So you made a thread whining that people should like all the QBs on this team where you bash Ratliff and whine that people like Ratliff? Do you not see the irony in that?

Maybe Ratliff won't look great in real games, but there is no maybe with Clemens, he's proven he is terrible. Why are you giving Clemens a free pass but immediately assuming Ratliff is going to suck, and then not giving Ratliff that same leeway you're giving Clemens on top of that?

You're just whining because you are a Clemens fan. It's like now that Chad is gone, everyone has to hang on Clemen's jock. You people couldn't even hang on Favre's jock, you had to pick Clemens. Is there some rule that the fanbase has to like a ****ty QB each time?

I dont dislike Ratliff at all but the celebrating he's getting showered with is just a little over the top. It's preseason,lets make sure he's great in regular season games before we declare him better than Kellen and Ainge. And you my friend only took offense because your a "Ratliff Fan". If Ratliff is so much better than Kellen why did he get overlooked in the draft last season? Where Kellen was 49th overall?? I am a fan of both qb's I have no reason not to be,im just judging the ranking of draft status to the same idiocincricies that Ratliff is the next great jet qb after some good minutes in the preseason. Also your quote about jets fans having to like a ****ty qb? That can easily be said about you man,the so called fans who have to "hate" a jets qb every damn year.

I dont dislike Ratliff at all but the celebrating he's getting showered with is just a little over the top. It's preseason,lets make sure he's great in regular season games before we declare him better than Kellen and Ainge. And you my friend only took offense because your a "Ratliff Fan". If Ratliff is so much better than Kellen why did he get overlooked in the draft last season? Where Kellen was 49th overall?? I am a fan of both qb's I have no reason not to be,im just judging the ranking of draft status to the same idiocincricies that Ratliff is the next great jet qb after some good minutes in the preseason. Also your quote about jets fans having to like a ****ty qb? That can easily be said about you man,the so called fans who have to "hate" a jets qb every damn year.

The pity is that these same experts supported CLEMENS after the last Training Camp where he outplayed their GOLDEN BOY. They have been haters ever since. Then when CLEMENS replaced GOLDEN BOY during the season and actually won 3 games( could have been 5) with basically the same weak OL as their hero did, they went into shock and their HATE mode became reality. I predict that after a few FAVRE INTS they will be calling for RATTY to replace the legend at QB. If GOLDEN BOY were to beat the JETS in game 1, all hell will break loose! Who will they hate then? Hackett? Cottrell? Duh Herm? Bollinger? Abraham? Cumar? Vinny? and the beat goes on!

I support all Jets QBs. It does not matter which one takes us to the SUPER BOWL. We all have favorite players and coaches. However, hate is a different thing altogether. If Kellen, Ratty or Ainge prove that they can't do the job, our staff will do the right thing. It is widely believed that they know a bit more about the situation then we do!

Thats not the point bro. But as long as clemens dons the green and black, Hes a Jet. HE family. And when you're a Jet, your a Jet all the way

from your frst cigarette to your last dyin' day!

And I luv you dudes and my bros at this site. but is this brett farve nation or JETnation? i see giving the best slinger since kenny O some love, but he dont come before the team...the forum should be about the J.E.T.S. not B.R.E.T.

Ratliff looked great throwing to WR's who made the team, playing against 3rd string defenders who likely won't make an NFL team.

He may very well be Romo-north in a year or two, but I also saw Clemens look pretty good last year against backups & guys who didn't make an NFL roster.

Favre is the QB. All I care about beyond that (for now) is to have at least one guy who won't look like Bollinger II. It seems the Jets have at least one guy like that, and both Clemens & Ratliff have enough arm & mobility that the whole playbook wouldn't need to be scrapped if they came in for a series or a game or whatever (like we'd have to do if the backup was Chad or Bollinger or the like).

I'm concerned about Clemens. Not necessarily his abilities, but his confidence. He just looks like he doesn't have any out there. He should know this offense backwards by now, and just be playing instinctively out on the field - but he's stil playing tight. The competition with Chad seems to've been too much for him, and he failed to recover once the competition was over.

Because, by then, it was already looking like Ratliff was the new Boy Wonder.

No doubt in my mind that the decision to hold onto four QB's is an indictment on Clemens as much as it is an affirmation of Ainge. Management doesn't want to give up on their former 2nd round pick, but he's probably the closest QB to the door...

I predict that after a few FAVRE INTS they will be calling for RATTY to replace the legend at QB.

Unless the next QB out the door is Favre!

Favre is gonna get booed in joisey. It's gonna happen. Was he ever booed in Green bay? Is he going to be able to roll with the boos and continue to have a good time? Or is he going to have enough after one year here?

I was one of the people who didn't want Favre here, and while it's been fun to watch him throw some passes in a Jets uniform, I'm far from sold on him. While there's a ton of speculation about whether or not Favre will want to come back for another year, another alternative is never discussed:

What if the Jets don't want to keep Favre after the season? I see that as a real possibility.

Clemens sucks. We don't have to hate him to recogonise the facts of the matter.

by the way if Clemens had any upside whatsoever we wouldn't be talking about Farve we'd be talking about the hot young QB who replaced Chad Pennington. It was the Jets coaches who said everything that needed to be said about Clemens and they did it by their actions not their words. when Brett Farve gets traded to your team after 3 days of practice, it's highly possible that existing QB talent sucks.

You don't judge a QB based on half a season, nor do you judge a QB based on 4 preseason games. Its really that simple.

Has Ratliff shown nice upside? Yes. Has he shown this upside against legitamate NFL competition? No. The jury's still out.

Has Clemens shown nice upside? Yes. Has he consistantly shown this upside against legitamate NFL competition? No. The jury's still out.

Neither one of these QBs has shown enough either way to proclaim them the franchise or a bust.

You don't judge a QB based on half a season, nor do you judge a QB based on 4 preseason games. Its really that simple.

Has Ratliff shown nice upside? Yes. Has he shown this upside against legitamate NFL competition? No. The jury's still out.

Has Clemens shown nice upside? Yes. Has he consistantly shown this upside against legitamate NFL competition? No. The jury's still out.

Neither one of these QBs has shown enough either way to proclaim them the franchise or a bust.

Exactly. But people get pissed if you say you like Ratliff. That's why this guy made this thread. What has Clemens shown that he should be handed the job? The OP is saying draft status like that means anything. The hell with that.

When you see a SCARED look on his face, you certainly judge...

And I luv you dudes and my bros at this site. but is this brett farve nation or JETnation? i see giving the best slinger since kenny O some love, but he dont come before the team...the forum should be about the J.E.T.S. not B.R.E.T.

Dude,

Your correct. It needs to go back to JETS. Fix it fellas.

The answer is don't get worked up over it for either; they're backups.

This stuff had some merit when Clemens was competing for a starting job. But now who cares enough to keep ripping the guy?

I don't see how it's ripping to have an opinion on him based on his performances and physical stature. Even if it is, I don't see what the problem is with it, why should he be insulated from any criticism?

He has always been a bad pick but we were all desperate since Chad was a duck. A lot of the criticisms being leveled at him now were there when people were supporting Chad. It's just now that Chad is gone those same people, and I think it is the same people for the most part, believe Clemens should not be criticized just like they felt Chad shouldn't be criticized. But the difference at least with Chad was that he was the starting QB, now apparently we can't even criticize a backup for some reason.

Favre is the starting QB, there should be no question to that. I don't see what either Clemens or Ratliff have done to get them that job over Favre. But I can certainly have an opinion that I think Ratliff is the better of the two from what I've seen. And Clemens ****ty performances last year don't automatically negate that opinion, as people seem to claim.

Thats not the point bro. But as long as clemens dons the green and black, Hes a Jet. HE family. And when you're a Jet, your a Jet all the way

from your frst cigarette to your last dyin' day!

But so's Ratliff, he wears the green and white too. Why should we say he sucks?

And this is the Brett Favre Talk forum! We are primarily supposed to talk about Favre.

I'll give KC a break considering the horrendous O-line he had to put up with last year, and his receivers sometimes had a case of the droppsies (McCareins). He's a mobile QB with a stronger arm then Penny, and don't forget he did beat the Steelers last season.

But there's a reason why he's not treated very well by Jets fans: he makes too many mistakes, particularly interceptions. I don't know if it's because he's never played a full NFL season or what, but it does get irritating when you throw that many picks (unless your name is Brett Favre and have all those touchdowns to back them up).

Besides, nobody has to like a certain player on their favorite team.

Ratliff clearly outplayed Clemens in this years preseason games, and from the reports I have heard, also out played him in camp. Ratliff looked calm, business like, and very professional.

Clemens looked rattled, and unsure of himself. With that said here is Clemenst stats from the 2007 camp.

30 of 41 364 yards 4 TD's and 2 interceptions.

Not to bad. For right now the QB competition is done. I suspect it will be in full bloom next August. Guess I'll wait till then. Clemens deserves one more shot.

I'll give KC a break considering the horrendous O-line he had to put up with last year, and his receivers sometimes had a case of the droppsies (McCareins). He's a mobile QB with a stronger arm then Penny, and don't forget he did beat the Steelers last season.

But there's a reason why he's not treated very well by Jets fans: he makes too many mistakes, particularly interceptions. I don't know if it's because he's never played a full NFL season or what, but it does get irritating when you throw that many picks (unless your name is Brett Favre and have all those touchdowns to back them up).

Besides, nobody has to like a certain player on their favorite team.

I think I did the math before and Favre averages something like 28 TD 15 INT a season. That isn't a lot of INTs even. That certainly is a good TD average though. He's been playing for 17 years now, of course he'll have a higher INT total. And if you take out that 29 INT season it's actually even less INTs on average.

The fans have to hate someone and because Chad is in Miami they are turning their attention to someone (when Chad was here) they wanted as their starting QB.

So what. Whats youar point? We all wanted Clemens to be the starter when Penny was here because Penny wasnt doing his job. Its not hate bro, its smarts.

I dont see YOU asking for Favre to take a back seat so Clemens could play because I bet that you were probably one of the same guys rooting for him to start over Penny. And if you werent I dont see you sitting here saying bring Penny back and send Favre to the Phins. You can call it hate all you like, bottomline is Clemens hasnt shown anything that warrants him being the 2nd string at the moment.

People say "Hate" these days just so they can be popular. No one's hating on Clemens. We're speaking the damn truth.

I didnt like the pick as soon as they made it.Nothing personal against Kellen Clemens I just dont think hes got what it takes to be a successful NFL QB.Mediocre maybe but as a NYJETS fan im tired of mediocre.Brett Ratliff to me looks more poised and seems to have better control of the ball and knows what to do with it.

Clemens sucks. We don't have to hate him to recogonise the facts of the matter.

by the way if Clemens had any upside whatsoever we wouldn't be talking about Farve we'd be talking about the hot young QB who replaced Chad Pennington. It was the Jets coaches who said everything that needed to be said about Clemens and they did it by their actions not their words. when Brett Farve gets traded to your team after 3 days of practice, it's highly possible that existing QB talent sucks.

absolutely false. Favre is a player thats stil better than 90 percent of the qb's in the NFL and many teams even with a decent starter would have signed him,we just beat them to it.

Dude,

Your correct. It needs to go back to JETS. Fix it fellas.

This is perhaps the smartest quote i've ever read on this site. Jets before Favre,because we loved the jets long before Brett arrived and would have continued with Chad or Kellen starting this season. I really think its a shame that CMart doesnt make the top page player,But Brett does,not even making his first reg season start yet. Put Martin on the damn page please,he's the ultimate jet right there with Namath,and Chrebet.

:rl: You fu<king owned him!

awesome post.

Chad was a class act but he's gone, we can now stack 9 in the box twice a year.

Clemens sucks, proven!!

Ratliff has a fantastic potential to be special.

WE HAVE BRETT MUTHA F--KIN FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is perhaps the smartest quote i've ever read on this site. Jets before Favre,because we loved the jets long before Brett arrived and would have continued with Chad or Kellen starting this season. I really think its a shame that CMart doesnt make the top page player,But Brett does,not even making his first reg season start yet. Put Martin on the damn page please,he's the ultimate jet right there with Namath,and Chrebet.

Max has a good sense of humor IMO. I like this forum as Brett Favre forum. I kinda chuckle every time i come here. :)

Archived