Should I do this draft pick trade?

PhinHater

Someone offered me his #6 overall pick and his 7th round and 8 round for my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round.

That means I would have 2 First Round picks at #6 and #8 overall, then a 5th round, 6, 7, 8 etc...

Would two top 8 players make up for missing rounds 2-4? I would have my 5th round pick and two 6's and two 7's.

I need someone's advice asap. I have a deadline on this trade.

We are drafting tomorrow night but all trades need to be finalized today.

Thanks!

I wouldn't. Unless the trade was a 5th pick or better. At number six you'll get the same quality as number 10. There is a huge drop off and that is why he is trying to unload it.

His team will probably have guys like fitzgerald, wayne, Portis and/or b edwards, you'll end up with brady and Lynch or something similar.

Unless you are really good at taking late round players or you are in a league of dummies, i wouldn't do it. rounds 2 through 4 are almost as good as round one this year...IMO

It may seem fair, but it's totally not. Here's why, prime time players are needed but players taken in the 4th-8th round are more important in my opinion. We know that the Joseph Addai's and the Brian Westbrook's are going to put up numbers, but drafting Santonio Holmes or even a Boldin type player. That's just how I take it.

You don't think so? Even if I could grab myself Joseph Addai and Randy Moss?

If you get Addai and Moss, then yeah, it could be worth it. I'm saying the 6th pick usually doesn't get you Addai, Westbrook or Jackson. If you can make the decision after the fourth overall pick then I'd think about it but doing it before the draft is a bad idea...

jmo

Archived