I need help with a video game decision..

vinnys025

I am torn right now. I want to buy madden, however I know I suck with the xbox controllers with madden. Has the ps3 closed the gap with graphics yet in the madden series? I am thinking about trading in my xbox360 and some games for a ps3 and madden......however that means I will be giving up the COD series and future series which I like. If the new socom game coming out is anything like the old ones, my decision will be made up to go ahead with the ps3. .......ecurb, i already know what your going to say, anybody else? ALK, what did you wind up doing? Are you satisfied with your ps3 and the new madden?....

Call of Duty is on the PS3, I don't know what series you mean by future.

Whether this is PR Marketing or not by EA, Phil Frazier (Senior Producer) and the QA Team say they prefer the PS3 version, although they claim both versions are identical. I only played the Madden 09 demo, so I don't have much to say on that. The article I found quoting Phil Frazier is off a site called ps3fanboy.com, so take it as you wish.

I am torn right now. I want to buy madden, however I know I suck with the xbox controllers with madden. Has the ps3 closed the gap with graphics yet in the madden series? I am thinking about trading in my xbox360 and some games for a ps3 and madden......however that means I will be giving up the COD series and future series which I like. If the new socom game coming out is anything like the old ones, my decision will be made up to go ahead with the ps3. .......ecurb, i already know what your going to say, anybody else? ALK, what did you wind up doing? Are you satisfied with your ps3 and the new madden?....

I couldn't honestly say. I haven't played Madden in over 3 years. I am very happy with the PS3 though. MGS4 alone made it worth buying not to mention that SOCOM will be coming out soon.

I couldn't honestly say. I haven't played Madden in over 3 years. I am very happy with the PS3 though. MGS4 alone made it worth buying not to mention that SOCOM will be coming out soon.

MGS4 huh? I dont like watching movies, and I know thats what that series is all about. I just did it, I bought a ps3 and madden and pre ordered socom. They gave me a beta code and told me the beta for socom will be released tomorrow and we can play, you should go get it.

I will keep everyone updated on how the new socom confrontation beta is.....and also about the ps3. I still kept my xbox360 cause they were only going to give me 90 dollars credit.

MGS4 huh? I dont like watching movies, and I know thats what that series is all about. I just did it, I bought a ps3 and madden and pre ordered socom. They gave me a beta code and told me the beta for socom will be released tomorrow and we can play, you should go get it.

I will keep everyone updated on how the new socom confrontation beta is.....and also about the ps3. I still kept my xbox360 cause they were only going to give me 90 dollars credit.

Did you get one or more than one SOCOM beta codes? Some places are giving up to 5, so if you got more than one, can I have one? :)

Hope you like the PS3, by the way!

It's more than just watching a movie. The game itself is freakin' awesome. I wish I hadn't already sold my copy or I would have hooked you up. As for SOCOM, they kind of lost me after SOCOM 2. The maps got way too big and the vehicles ruined it IMO. They need to get back to their roots and bring back Sujo. That was the $hit. :lol:

It's more than just watching a movie. The game itself is freakin' awesome. I wish I hadn't already sold my copy or I would have hooked you up. As for SOCOM, they kind of lost me after SOCOM 2. The maps got way too big and the vehicles ruined it IMO. They need to get back to their roots and bring back Sujo. That was the $hit. :lol:

Hmm, maybe I'll take a chance on metal gear then in the future. As far as socom goes, they listened to you and did away with the vehicles in this new socom, so you should really give it a try, since its next gen, it should be amazing. Zipper didn't make it though, they let slant six develop this one while Zipper is currently working on socom 4 so they have enough time to make a great game, I just hope slant six put enough time and effort into this one.

War ensemble, they only gave me one, sorry bro, but I could go back later tonight when the next shift comes on and show them my receipt and say I never got a code and get another one for you. I'm almost positive that would work, cause he didn't mark it down or anything, he just threw it into the bag. ....I was watching...lol.

Come on ALK.....GET It!!!!

Hmm, maybe I'll take a chance on metal gear then in the future. As far as socom goes, they listened to you and did away with the vehicles in this new socom, so you should really give it a try, since its next gen, it should be amazing. Zipper didn't make it though, they let slant six develop this one while Zipper is currently working on socom 4 so they have enough time to make a great game, I just hope slant six put enough time and effort into this one.

War ensemble, they only gave me one, sorry bro, but I could go back later tonight when the next shift comes on and show them my receipt and say I never got a code and get another one for you. I'm almost positive that would work, cause he didn't mark it down or anything, he just threw it into the bag. ....I was watching...lol.

Come on ALK.....GET It!!!!

I'll take a look at it. As much as these freakin' games cost these days I'm only buying one at a time and then selling it before I buy a new one. Right now I'm playing GTA4 but should be done with it before SOCOM comes out. I was just looking at pictures of the headset they are releasing for SOCOM. Looks pretty awesome.

939539_20080627_screen014.jpg

Hey Alk, you gonna wear that one around Wall Street instead of the Metal Gear Solid one now? That mic looks like it should work fine, it has a few things that make it better than other mics for the PS3, I forgot what though.

Hey vin, don't worry about it man. Unless you happen to be in the area of the store, I don't want you going out of your way for me. Thanks though! :)

Hey Alk, you gonna wear that one around Wall Street instead of the Metal Gear Solid one now? That mic looks like it should work fine, it has a few things that make it better than other mics for the PS3, I forgot what though.

Hey vin, don't worry about it man. Unless you happen to be in the area of the store, I don't want you going out of your way for me. Thanks though! :)

The only thing that bothers me is the dreaded mute button. God I hate that freakin' thing. You're sitting there talking away and nobody responds. Then you realize you've been muted for the past two matches. :lol: I never bought the MGS mic though so it might be a tough decision.

The only thing that bothers me is the dreaded mute button. God I hate that freakin' thing. You're sitting there talking away and nobody responds. Then you realize you've been muted for the past two matches. :lol: I never bought the MGS mic though so it might be a tough decision.

Kinda like the ignore button here, lol. Half the time I can't tell whether I've been muted or just everyone's been ignoring me online, I'll just talk anyways. :P

It comes in handy for the pre-pubescent children on the PSN and Live though.

i understand vinny

you bought the ps3 because you are duckin me!

whoo scared! so scared!

*full disclosure* Vinny taught me how to play madden by whipping my ass about 100 times in a row back in the ps2 days

lol, hey bit, you would kick my arse right now, i havent played madden in two years and i just bought it. Add me and I'll let you beat me down, my name is DraconianNitmare

ps...do you want the beta download code for socom?

Archived