Great post by Jet Moses on the other board

Jetlag

"I was looking for a spot to make this post without starting a new thread, but alas, every thread it seems has been hijacked by a dozen knuckleheads with usernames like JETboyeeRdee or jiGgyJET0001234 and it's hard to get a word in edgewise.

First of all, let me say Lamont is a good RB, he never got a chance here because of the circumstances, he got a chance to go some place else where he'll be the primary back, he got tons of money, I say good luck and God bless.

Now here comes the part where alot of you will want to put me in a stockade and toss eggs and cabbage at me-

NFL RUNNING BACKS ARE A DIME A DOZEN. Every year, some no name from nowhere university, drafted in the 4th round, peels off a cool 1300 yards for the Broncos. OK, maybe the Bronco's are unique, maybe it's their O-line, who know who cares, but I have no doubt somebody will come along and make us all forget about Lamont "second coming of Jim Brown" Jordan.

Lamont was a luxury we could no longer afford, and for all we know, two years from now he's Marion "what ever happened to that guy" Butts.

Jason Ferguson- In 2004, the defense looked like it was all FINALLY coming together, and losing an anchor and a stalwart on the front four is upsetting. Nobody likes "periods of transition", especially the perpetual ones that this franchise seems to always be in a state of, but Ferg's shelf life expired, and instead of keeping him too long, Bradway let him go. Remember Mo Lewis? After Parcells signed him to his final contract, he was nothing more than an albatross around our necks and a salary cap eye sore.

I wish Ferg nothing but the best, and I hope he gets some satisfaction out in Dallas in the twilight of his career.

Unfortunately, NT's are not a dime a dozen. I hope the Jets aren't planning on going into the 05 season with a rookie at that spot.

Kareem's status is still up in the air. The fact that Jonas Jennings is already signed and Kareem is not, tells me he is asking way too much money and his agent is a prick.

I don't think Bradway wants to lose him, but if we do, we crash off that bridge when we get their.

Now-

April is right around the corner. The Jets are a few players away from taking the next step. We all know what they need, but you don't have to panic and overpay to get it.

Before the end of the week the Jets will have acquired a few players, maybe not the household names, but niether were Barrett, Barton, Kendall or Brown (I think he was a FA)."

I felt this was a good read and should be shared over here.

The Jets are a few players away from taking the next step.

Damn right. All we need are starters at CB, Safety, OT, DT, TE, #1 WR, #1B RB and a partidge in a god damned pear tree.

What a crock of crap. :lol: As the Jets stand today, we are quite a bit MORE than a "few players" away from the next step (actualy getting to the AFC Championship game).

Damn right. All we need are starters at CB, Safety, OT, DT, TE, #1 WR, #1B RB and a partidge in a god damned pear tree.

What a crock of crap. :lol: As the Jets stand today, we are quite a bit MORE than a "few players" away from the next step (actualy getting to the AFC Championship game).

:lol: Warfish, stop hijacking threads with this jocularity, dammit. :lol:

Somebody should drop Moses an invite to the cool kids club...

Also, some interesting points. Disagree on one point though: Mo Lewis wasn't just an albatross on the Jets necks during his last contract: he was a GODSEND for the Patriots.

Dude if there really is a cool kids club you better clue Tom and I in. It is the least you can do after all the work we put into this site.

Dude if there really is a cool kids club you better clue Tom and I in. It is the least you can do after all the work we put into this site.

RS!!! Ixnay on the invitation to the oolcay idskay lubcay to axmankay. Meetings at 8 tonight, right? Outside the Viper Club?

Archived