" Miami Dolphins, Jets rivalry renewed " ~ ~ ~

kelly

Did the rivalry ever go away? Not for me. The Fish are my most hated easily. It's not enough to beat them, i want to see them humiliated every time we play that joke of a team. People are always trying to push the Boston rivalry angle on me, but that is nothing compared to the Miami/NYJ rivalry. Miami/NYJ is a rivalry born on the field, Pats/NYJ rivalry was created by management in stealing each others players/coaches. The Jets/Patsies matches on the field have been nothing special, when they are good, we are bad, when we were good they were bad. But the Jets Miami games were amazing and both teams spilled their guts trying to beat each other. The Patsies to me are just the team in the crosshairs cause they are the team to beat right now. When they go back into mediocrity, will the rivalry be the same? It won't be for me, but I will always hate the fish and always hope to crush them. If you want to claim NY/Boston is bigger because of the Yankees/Sox, maybe, but since I can give a rats ass about Baseball that doesn't work for me. Again it feels like a forced rivalry rather than earned by 2 teams killing each other. When beantowns moment in the sun is over, I'll go back to viewing them as insignificant. Every time I see the Fish logo, I want to see their team collapse, their players get knocked out of the game, us crush them by >50 points while our defense shuts them out. Every yard they gain is an insult and it makes my stomach turn. I want to see their inept owner sell the team to someone worse, at a loss, the fanbase dry up, the team fold up, the stadium get blown up and then they can charge Jet's fans 100$ to come down and piss on the rubble. Having Pennignton in as their starter is a nice beginning to seeing that dream fulfilled.

As to all of the chatter from the fish fans, lol, you gotta love the days leading up to the season, your team is undefeated at this point, enjoy that feeling, cause after Sunday you are back to being the worst team in football. LOL.

SQUISH THE FISH!

Did the rivalry ever go away? Not for me. The Fish are my most hated easily. It's not enough to beat them, i want to see them humiliated every time we play that joke of a team. People are always trying to push the Boston rivalry angle on me, but that is nothing compared to the Miami/NYJ rivalry. Miami/NYJ is a rivalry born on the field, Pats/NYJ rivalry was created by management in stealing each others players/coaches. The Jets/Patsies matches on the field have been nothing special, when they are good, we are bad, when we were good they were bad. But the Jets Miami games were amazing and both teams spilled their guts trying to beat each other. The Patsies to me are just the team in the crosshairs cause they are the team to beat right now. When they go back into mediocrity, will the rivalry be the same? It won't be for me, but I will always hate the fish and always hope to crush them. If you want to claim NY/Boston is bigger because of the Yankees/Sox, maybe, but since I can give a rats ass about Baseball that doesn't work for me. Again it feels like a forced rivalry rather than earned by 2 teams killing each other. When beantowns moment in the sun is over, I'll go back to viewing them as insignificant. Every time I see the Fish logo, I want to see their team collapse, their players get knocked out of the game, us crush them by >50 points while our defense shuts them out. Every yard they gain is an insult and it makes my stomach turn. I want to see their inept owner sell the team to someone worse, at a loss, the fanbase dry up, the team fold up, the stadium get blown up and then they can charge Jet's fans 100$ to come down and piss on the rubble. Having Pennignton in as their starter is a nice beginning to seeing that dream fulfilled.

As to all of the chatter from the fish fans, lol, you gotta love the days leading up to the season, your team is undefeated at this point, enjoy that feeling, cause after Sunday you are back to being the worst team in football. LOL.

SQUISH THE FISH!

soooo, is it fair to assume that you're not crazy about the Dolphins???

Sucks being a fan of an inferior team, doesn't it?

SQUISH THE FISH!

Thats it Sir you've crossed the line! CJ, fetch the All-Time Franchise records for both teams while I grab my broomstick.

Nope he sucked then too. I hated him and was thrilled when Brett forced his lame ass out of town. He was a winner in 2002. From then on he's been damaged goods. I couldn't be happier where he ended up. LOL.

Don't mock the Turtle.

Also I generally find guys on the internet that claim to be "hardcore" fall very short of that label. Unless you define Hardcore as a guy living out of mom's basement at 40 years old. If that's the definition, then yeah, I'll call you Mr. Blonde.

Nope he sucked then too. I hated him and was thrilled when Brett forced his lame ass out of town. He was a winner in 2002. From then on he's been damaged goods. I couldn't be happier where he ended up. LOL.

Don't mock the Turtle.

Also I generally find guys on the internet that claim to be "hardcore" fall very short of that label. Unless you define Hardcore as a guy living out of mom's basement at 40 years old. If that's the definition, then yeah, I'll call you Mr. Blonde.

First off, its HardKore. See, I spell things funny too. Secondly, Im 25... but the basement part was pretty dead on :bag:.

Side note: How can a message board for the New York Jets not have a frown smiley? Weird.

First off, its HardKore. See, I spell things funny too. Secondly, Im 25... but the basement part was pretty dead on :bag:.

Side note: How can a message board for the New York Jets not have a frown smiley? Weird.

you ain't been here long enough. but when you have a few hours to spare i'll fill you in on jetnations smiley plight.

in the meantime expect a condescending, jaded, belittling reply from the site administer telling you what a loser you are for not having a solid grasp on all the features this site offers.

you ain't been here long enough. but when you have a few hours to spare i'll fill you in on jetnations smiley plight.

in the meantime expect a condescending, jaded, belittling reply from the site administer telling you what a loser you are for not having a solid grasp on all the features this site offers.

LOL - Love the admins.

No I did not read your FAQs. Not that I don't have the time or can't find them. I just don't care to. I'll just ask the same old dumb questions over and over again and be a stupid Noob.

Hey where can I get some more V Cash. My V bookie tipster gave me some bad V intel. Can I buy some V Bling here? Or proposition Kelly for a V Job? I only got 48 V Bucks here people what do I do?

OOOOOHHHHHHHk I found them. Would it be so hard for the [More] link to inculde them all in the same window? This is not Billszone. I expect better fellas.

Are you Dolphin fans actually excited about this upcoming season? Really? No joke? That's sad. If the dolphins double their win total from last year they still have the number 1 draft pick. lol. Good luck battling the Rams for the number 1 pick this year.

Are you Dolphin fans actually excited about this upcoming season? Really? No joke? That's sad. If the dolphins double their win total from last year they still have the number 1 draft pick. lol. Good luck battling the Rams for the number 1 pick this year.

^ See above post ^

We're always excited about the upcoming season. Were you excited heading into the 1998 season?

^ See above post ^

We're always excited about the upcoming season. Were you excited heading into the 2001 season?

Only thing I remember about the 01 season in having debris fall on my head and being more afraid than I have ever been in my life. I really didn't watch much football that season.

Order has been restored in the universe.

Jets lead series:

45-38-1 .542

Last 10 year (20 games) we lead 16-4

Your universe is collapsing.

66 Sun October 4, 1998 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 20 9 box

67 Sun December 13, 1998 W New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 21 16 box

68 Sun December 12, 1999 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 28 20 box

69 Mon December 27, 1999 W New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 38 31 box

70 Mon October 23, 2000 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 40 37 box

71 Sun November 19, 2000 W New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 20 3 box

72 Sun October 14, 2001 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 21 17 box

73 Sun November 18, 2001 W New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 24 0 box

74 Sun September 22, 2002 L New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 3 30 box

75 Sun November 10, 2002 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 13 10 box

76 Sun September 14, 2003 L New York Jets Miami Dolphins 10 21 box

77 Sun December 28, 2003 L New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 21 23 box

78 Sun October 3, 2004 W New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 17 9 box

79 Mon November 1, 2004 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 41 14 box

80 Sun September 18, 2005 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 17 7 box

81 Sun December 18, 2005 L New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 20 24 box

82 Sun October 15, 2006 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 20 17 box

83 Mon December 25, 2006 W New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 13 10 box

84 Sun September 23, 2007 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 31 28 box

85 Sun December 2, 2007 W New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 40 13 box

Only thing I remember about the 01 season in having debris fall on my head and being more afraid than I have ever been in my life. I really didn't watch much football that season.

Yeah my bad, I edited that post. Sorry for the fail. Was thinking about something else... (that something else was NOT Jade Green's soft skin, and big brown eyes BTW)

Yeah my bad, I edited that post. Sorry for the fail. Was thinking about something else... (that something else was NOT Jade Green's soft skin, and big brown eyes BTW)

It's cool, lol. I didn't mean anything by it. I certainly wasn't going for the Rudy Guiliani "I LIVED IN NEW YORK ON 9/11 RAWRW!" type ****, I can't stand that. You asked about the 01 football season and I just said rather colorfully that I didn't recall much of it being a young dude worried about war and people talking about a draft and ****. I'm always excitied about the Jets going into a new season. I remember not being too excited going in '97 after the jets only won one game the previous year. I remember not being too excited in '05 with another year of herm and after that devestating playoff loss. I'm an optimistic fan but I'm also realistic.

Realistically speaking the Dolphins are still a bad team. They're a bad team heading in the right direction. It pains me to admit that I think they're gonna be good in 2-3 years with big Tuna running the show. This year with Pennington at QB and not that good of a defense I dont think they have what it takes to do that well this year. They'll be better than last year. Maybe 5-6 wins. I just think that the Jets improved just as much as the Dolphins did(a little more really, but I'll be nice) into a 9-10 win team.

Jets lead series:

45-38-1 .542

Last 10 year (20 games) we lead 16-4

Your universe is collapsing.

66 Sun October 4, 1998 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 20 9 box

67 Sun December 13, 1998 W New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 21 16 box

68 Sun December 12, 1999 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 28 20 box

69 Mon December 27, 1999 W New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 38 31 box

70 Mon October 23, 2000 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 40 37 box

71 Sun November 19, 2000 W New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 20 3 box

72 Sun October 14, 2001 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 21 17 box

73 Sun November 18, 2001 W New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 24 0 box

74 Sun September 22, 2002 L New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 3 30 box

75 Sun November 10, 2002 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 13 10 box

76 Sun September 14, 2003 L New York Jets Miami Dolphins 10 21 box

77 Sun December 28, 2003 L New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 21 23 box

78 Sun October 3, 2004 W New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 17 9 box

79 Mon November 1, 2004 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 41 14 box

80 Sun September 18, 2005 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 17 7 box

81 Sun December 18, 2005 L New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 20 24 box

82 Sun October 15, 2006 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 20 17 box

83 Mon December 25, 2006 W New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 13 10 box

84 Sun September 23, 2007 W New York Jets Miami Dolphins 31 28 box

85 Sun December 2, 2007 W New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins 40 13 box

The Jets also average 1 division championship a DECADE?? Yup, since the 60's, the Jets have only won the division 4 times. While, on the other side Miami has 12 division titles, 5 AFC titles, 2 superbowls and 21 playoff appearances. Impressive to say the least.

The Jets also average 1 division championship a DECADE?? Yup, since the 60's, the Jets have only won the division 4 times. While, on the other side Miami has 12 division titles, 5 AFC titles, 2 superbowls and 21 playoff appearances. Impressive to say the least.

Stop spinning the facts!

Archived