Calvin Pace!!

vinnys025

Pace was outstanding and dare I say it Gholston showed some glimpses too. Was impressed with our pass rush for the most part, it's much improved. That being said we were pretty pitiful at the end.

It was the playcalling that was pitiful--more conservative crap. And the penalties...ugh. The call on Barton reminded me of the Chargers game.

But Pace was very good, and Gholston wasn't bad.

I believe both of Jake Long's penalties were a result of Calvin Pace being in his face. Pace had a good game. They stopped the run and Bryan Thomas had a good game.

And the Jets won!

Yup Pace played great and it was so nice to see Bryan Thomas again. Did he play at all last year? :P

The whole line did extremely well.

Ellis - 1 sack

Bryan Thomas -2 sacks

Pace - 1 sack and pressure

Jenkins - stuffed a few running plays, solid center of the line

I would have like SOME form of a pass rush on that last Dolfag drive. I was getting nervous with all the time Chad had.

David Harris was very quiet today when I think about it...

Didn't make any glaring mistakes that I can remember, but didn't really get involved on too many plays today either. Guess its good to know that we can still perform without arguably our best LB'er doing too much.

That happens when you start getting several playmakers on defense. Today was Pace and Thomas's day. Harris will have his days when he makes the difference.

That happens when you start getting several playmakers on defense. Today was Pace and Thomas's day. Harris will have his days when he makes the difference.

Exacrly. He had no help last year so he beat everyone to the spot. I thought he was very strong on the run though.

At first I thought we overpaid for him, but hell, if this guy plays like this all season, he is well worth the money. He has been all over the field all day long. Great game....

I agree with you. However, I think that Jenkins is the key. Ricky Williams was in great shape and ready to run yet we really kept him in check. On passing plays, he had to be double teamed and that helped the rush. Good riddance DBust, I mean DRob.

Archived